Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple Law Books

Options
  • 28-03-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Howiyee!!

Lads I'm doing a law module as part of my course at the moment and I was wondering is there any law books out there which have simplistic answers to the likes of notice party or ab initio, our lectuer is well sh1t and bores the be-jaysus out of ya. All he does is read from courts.ie (zzzz)

Anyways any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

What course is it for? You'll normally find some straight forward law books dealing with the area of your course in the same section of the library as the rest of your course books.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Doolan, B., Principles of Irish Law, 7th Ed., 2007

I found this quite good, he is a lecturer in Aungier St.
    But it depends what area your interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Dj wrote: »
    Doolan, B., Principles of Irish Law, 7th Ed., 2007

I found this quite good, he is a lecturer in Aungier St.
    But it depends what area your interested in

this book is very good. try to find specific books i.e. contract law rather than just a general book named Law or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Fewcifur wrote: »
    What course is it for? You'll normally find some straight forward law books dealing with the area of your course in the same section of the library as the rest of your course books.

I am currently studying Auctioneering, Valuation and Estate Agency (DT104), really what I am looking for is really a dictionary of law terms which will explain the terms in simple english, its to help me understand a case I have prepare for after easter. Having gone looking for the module descriptor for Law in the hope there is a recommened reading section. I find that there is no module descriptor on www.dit.ie/coursewise for Law

I think a trip to Aungier St might be called for!

Thanks for all your help lads and ladies!

Advertisement