Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bay Trees

Options
  • 28-03-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have two bay trees and i have them about 7 years. They are quite mature and now the leaves appear to be going brown and dying... Anyone know how I can save them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

if they are in containers,check that they are not too big for the containers
    waterlogging killed a few of my other plants with the wet weather
    also the earth gets compacted and no air if they are there too long

if they are palnte dout of containers feed them with a plant food with minerals in it

i used epsom salts as it has magnesium in it to help them green up

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

The extreme cold weather has done for quite a lot of garden plants, shrubs and trees. My Bays ( in pots and in the ground ) are also a nice mixture of brown and green. They may survive if they are big enough ( all my little cuttings died). Now the soil is heating up you could lash on the nitrogen and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 April08

The extreme cold weather has done for quite a lot of garden plants, shrubs and trees. My Bays ( in pots and in the ground ) are also a nice mixture of brown and green. They may survive if they are big enough ( all my little cuttings died). Now the soil is heating up you could lash on the nitrogen and see if that helps.

thanks for that advice, i will feed as you suggested with nitrogen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 April08

oflynno wrote: »
    if they are in containers,check that they are not too big for the containers
    waterlogging killed a few of my other plants with the wet weather
    also the earth gets compacted and no air if they are there too long

if they are palnte dout of containers feed them with a plant food with minerals in it

i used epsom salts as it has magnesium in it to help them green up

Thanks for the info... i will try feeding them with epson salts too....:)

Advertisement