Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims games - windows 7?

Options
  • 28-03-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭

Hi, my new laptop is coming tomorrow and this one will actually manage to run games without crashing every five seconds. Anyway, just wondering about compatibility with The Sims. I have all the games, but I was just wondering will the original Sims and Sims 2 work on windows 7 without having to download patches or anything. I'd really love to play these because I got bored of The Sims 3 after 2 weeks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Just happen to be installing Sims 2 on my laptop today. It's running Windows 7 64bit so I'll let you know how I get on.

Just installed Sims 2 there and tested it out, works grand on Windows 7. What graphics card does the laptop have? Cos I'm not sure if it'll run great on an integrated chip but then again it might do because the game is a good few years old after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

flyswatter wrote: »
    Just installed Sims 2 there and tested it out, works grand on Windows 7. What graphics card does the laptop have? Cos I'm not sure if it'll run great on an integrated chip but then again it might do because the game is a good few years old after all.

Thanks. I think it's an integrated chip so I suppose we'll have to see. Do you know anything about the original Sims working on windows 7, I know it didn't work on Vista but a lot of things didn't. I love playing the original Sims, but I haven't for years now :(

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Thanks. I think it's an integrated chip so I suppose we'll have to see. Do you know anything about the original Sims working on windows 7, I know it didn't work on Vista but a lot of things didn't. I love playing the original Sims, but I haven't for years now :(

Yeah, you're right, Vista had crap backward compatability. I think the last operating system the first Sims had support for was XP, I honestly don't know if it'll work on Windows 7 but sure it's worth a try. :) Let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Sims 3 works fine on win 7, I go have dedicated graphics though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sism2 works fine for me on Win7 but seems Sims3 doesn't work on the graphics that I have so I sold the game :)

Advertisement