Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to rent in galway city. Needs to allow dogs.

Options
  • 28-03-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Well I'm looking for somewhere to live in or around galway city. Livig in Roscam at the mo but would really love to get a dog. I know this is going to be tough enough to find a place which will allow dogs but its worth a try. Any suggestions? Daft dont have a place where pets allowed/not allowed can be selected so not much luck on there. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hey you can search for places with pets allowed on daft just go to the advanced search.

We had no problem, we viewed the house, loved it and told them we have a dog they said no but rang an hour later offering it to us. People are desperate to get tenants in so no harm asking they can just say no.

Only thing I will say is that asking can you keep an puppy probably wont go down well, if you get a rescue dog you will know if its house trained, doesnt eat furniture etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I rented a flat in Bohermore that I found through daft.ie, I also used the advanced search to find places that allowed pets.

I did find 1 or 2 that had pets allowed in the description but they had not ticked the box when entering the property.

And I have 4 reptiles so finding a flat was harder :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We've moved with cat a couple times, just asked the potential landlord and it was ok. One wanted an added 200 security deposit, I guess in case the cat would cause some sort of damage.

Advertisement