Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help restoring files that were moved and deleted

• 28-03-2010 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi all

Help would be very much appreciated.
    Last week I spilled water on my laptop and luckily it was not damaged at all as I lifted it straight away. In my panic I took a back up of everything and put it on my key. Then the other day I wanted to use my key so had to wipe some stuff off it (on someone else's laptop). So I deleted all the pictures from my key (thinking they were still on my laptop). There now I just had a look in my pictures and they are all gone. They are not in my recycle bin and I did an all inclusive search on my laptop and they are not there.

Help please - is there anything I can do? At all?? I am very upset. I have some pictures on my other laptop, on my camera and on a backup hard disc (portable). But is there anything I can do to recover what I lost? Please please help! I am running Windows Vista home version if that helps. I was going to do a system restore, but not sure that restores files that were deleted? Thanks again

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i couldnt be sure if data recovery software will recover copied or cut files pasted to a memory stick, usually it recovers deleted files, but try giving stellar phoenix data recovery software a go, i find it very good to recover even deleted partitions!

http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm

system restore will only recover or restore previous system settings, it wont however, touch or interfere or restore your files in any way unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Assuming you've written more files onto the pen drive in the interim I'd say your chances of any recovery of the deleted files are slim to nil.

ou could perhaps try Free Undelete though and see if it throws up anything but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SlamDunk

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded a programme called Recuva so failing that i'll give that Stellar Phoenix a try.

Fingers crossed

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You have probably more chance of finding the pics on the laptop than the USB stick. Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement