Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm refurbishment

• 28-03-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Have a HomeGuard Scopetronic Alarm that has become unreliable / erratic. I understand that it was a popular system.

Any boardsies out there qualified and experienced with these ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Seems to have: 11 x shock, 2 x PIR, 1 x panic, 3 x magnetic but maybe some are from an older alarm ... Hmmm... (?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Your problem is more than likely not with the panel, more likely a faulty sensor/contact.
    Your system is old and you could probably do with an upgrade anyway. A service would fix your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Spinnaker wrote: »
    Have a HomeGuard Scopetronic Alarm that has become unreliable / erratic. I understand that it was a popular system.

Any boardsies out there qualified and experienced with these ?

As fred said its more than likely a faulty sensor or even a loose connection. If you did decide to upgrade all your sensors,pirs will work with HKC, ASTEC FUSION, SIGNET, ARITECH systems, which will save you money as you wont have to replace them..

Thanks Fred,Altor. That was my sense of it... just "loose" sensors etc.

It's lazy considering the no of posts here in DIY on alarms but ... Guide price, anyone ? for say the basic domestic Signet system to match. Then installation cost also ?

Thanks Fred,Altor. That was my sense of it... just "loose" sensors etc.

It's lazy considering the no of posts here in DIY on alarms but ... Guide price, anyone ? for say the basic domestic Signet system to match. Then installation cost also ?

Cost of upgrade is €400, would need a site survey to confirm but that is the general price of replacing the panel and installation.

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor. By panel do you mean keypad or keypad and controller? What Signet package are you referring to? Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

altor is excellent and I have found his help invaluable. I would recommend him. He fixed my issue with my alarm a few months ago when I could not work out how to fix my issue.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks Altor. By panel do you mean keypad or keypad and controller? What Signet package are you referring to? Cheers...
    I'd say €400 is for panel & keypad.

Yes, its a signet 100. you get keypad, panel plus installation for €400 but you would need a site survey done to confirm the price.

Thanks for replies.... Site survey scheduled.

• Advertisement

For the benefit of others who might read this.

I invited Jason of Altor to service my alarm on foot of this thread. He serviced my crusty old Homeguard alarm to great satisfaction. I can't recommend him highly enough. This is how service used to be / should be!

I wanted to re-secure the house to some level while avoiding the cost of upgrade for now Jason rolled in with that 100% -no heavy selling of a new system.

He knew this alarm intimately. He listened carefully to every concern and dumb question(!), tutored me on some self-service aspects of the alarm and getting the best out of the alarm functions. He also provided me with old manuals.

Unprompted, Jason also toured the house with me identifying other security improvements; window stay locks, locking down ladders, alarm stickers, key control, security lights.

Ten out of ten

For the benefit of others who might read this.

I invited Jason of Altor to service my alarm on foot of this thread. He serviced my crusty old Homeguard alarm to great satisfaction. I can't recommend him highly enough. This is how service used to be / should be!

I wanted to re-secure the house to some level while avoiding the cost of upgrade for now Jason rolled in with that 100% -no heavy selling of a new system.

He knew this alarm intimately. He listened carefully to every concern and dumb question(!), tutored me on some self-service aspects of the alarm and getting the best out of the alarm functions. He also provided me with old manuals.

Unprompted, Jason also toured the house with me identifying other security improvements; window stay locks, locking down ladders, alarm stickers, key control, security lights.

Ten out of ten

Your welcome Spinnaker,

All part of the service and always happy to help when i can.
    If you every have any problems with the alarm dont hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Altor.

Advertisement