Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway: Any interest in a photographic collaboration?

• 28-03-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Full details

I’ve been working on and off to get in long-exposure crowd shots on Galway’s Shop Street, and after some very encouraging results in the recent past I’d like to move onto the next step: Have one or more people pose for me for a one-hour photoshoot. (Time on the day to be decided based on their schedules.)

The model(s) will need to be able to stand rock-still for five or ten seconds at a time through the exposure, and will be the focal counterpoint to a series of dramatic images showing the flow of city life around them.

I'm poor; this is purely on a volunteer basis. I'd like an hour of your day, and in return you have a bit of my heart for all your life. (<3) You can reply here or on Tumblr, tweet me as @bhalash, Facebook me as Bhalash, shoot off an email to mark@bhalash.com or just give me a call on 086 198 1097.

EDIT: Wow - I've had great interest from boards.ie. If you want to take part in this I really need you to email me so that I can have the ability to push out updates and hammer out details. mark@bhalash.com.

thumb_20100328012620_087.jpg thumb_20100327230418_086.jpg thumb_20100301115119_60.jpg

Any takers? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Did you just get my text now? :D

Love that 1st shot btw, how did you do it?
    3rd is pretty cool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

Photographs like this make me realize just how much of an amazingly great photographer I am
    lol :pac:

If I lived in Galway, i'd volunteer no problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

ianflynn wrote: »
    lol :pac:

If I lived in Galway, i'd volunteer no problem!

Well I am that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Fenster wrote: »
    I’d like to move onto the next step: Have one or more people pose for me for a one-hour photoshoot.

Mannn that's one longggggg exposure <doesn't bother reading rest of post>

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its just a slow shutter i think

• Advertisement

Mannn that's one longggggg exposure <doesn't bother reading rest of post>

Hey now! I could be asking for a one hour exposure for a one hour exposure.

Hey now! I could be asking for a one hour exposure for a one hour exposure.

Long exposures spencer tunnick style eh ? I like it !

Fenster: Sir, yes, you there beside that cute, naked, girl, I said COMPLETELY still !

My mind's eye just got blinded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The first shot is a 5 second exposure using infrared, if the exif and tags are anything to go by.

The first shot is a 5 second exposure using infrared, if the exif and tags are anything to go by.

It's like you're some sort of photographic Sherlock Holmes or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I'd be up for it if you maybe show me how to use my camera a bit better. Kinda new to Digital. lol even showing me how to longer exposures or something lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's like you're some sort of photographic Sherlock Holmes or something.

Yeah, genius I am ... the 10 seconds it took to click the pic, then click 'Exif' on the site ... :rolleyes:

:P

I meant to quote this:

When i posted it, wasn't trying to be clever.

Lots of lol on this thread tonight. :p

@AnimalRights: Exif is here. Manfrotto tripod extended to max (column up too). Shot aiming slightly down.

@spinandscribble: Would absolutely love to have you. Bring a tripod. I have some idea for shots. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Lots of lol on this thread tonight. :p

@AnimalRights: Exif is here. Manfrotto tripod extended to max (column up too). Shot aiming slightly down.

@spinandscribble: Would absolutely love to have you. Bring a tripod. I have some idea for shots. ;)

got no tripod yet! :( lol but sure i'll still come along. Have you many yet?

That's fine on the tripod; I have a loaner. I have one other person confirmed so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I should be heading into town for a wander with my camera after the Easter break, weather depending, if thats any good - I'll text you closer to the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

when were you thinking of? i'd be up for that - as long as you understand that you're not getting a 'model' per se - but i used to model for life drawing classes and can stand still ;) pm sent anyway.

PM replied. :) I'm finding some great interest in this. If anybody is really interested in attending on Saturday please email me or otherwise supply me with your email address. I want to be able to push out updates and otherwise settle on schedules.

Advertisement