Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turning gay? gay man said it was possible?

Options
  • 28-03-2010 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

ok this is not troll so dont lock plz but when i was 19 a gay man about 30 or so said i would prob turn gay later on. i said i was str8, liked girls he said he was same at my age and then changed over and never looked back.
    no trollspray or abuse this time plz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No

You can't turn gay

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Nobody else can tell you what your sexuality is or will be. Yes, it's possible to realise that you've been in denial or hadn't considered your sexuality properly before. It's possible to have simply never met someone of the same sex that you were attracted to before. It's not really possible however to just wake up one morning and have "turned gay".

I've made the flowchart attached for you. It should give you a pretty definitive answer about your sexuality so you don't have to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Nobody else can tell you what your sexuality is or will be. Yes, it's possible to realise that you've been in denial or hadn't considered your sexuality properly before. It's possible to have simply never met someone of the same sex that you were attracted to before. It's not really possible however to just wake up one morning and have "turned gay".

I've made the flowchart attached for you. It should give you a pretty definitive answer about your sexuality so you don't have to worry.

Haha thats pretty good! The idiots guide to sexuality:D How did u make that?

MoltenRock Answer the question: Have you ever fancied a guy or wanted to have sex with a guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MoltenRock

MoltenRock Answer the question: Have you ever fancied a guy or wanted to have sex with a guy?

i have kinda liked the very odd guy i guess but have never ventured into thinking about having sex with em or anything but often thoght that was something i could experiment with just to see. but in reality i find the vast majority of fellas ungly unattractive and couldnt get my head around goin near em with a barge pole. but as i say there could be the odd fella i might.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Timmywalldo

the man who told you would change ,,, was trying to change you

oh nad another thing i fancied a bird who turned out to be a crossdreserl for a while. i kinda knew she was a bit manly iin some features but overall she was very attractive face and all. then i thoiught well if i liked her i wasnt far off liking fella and could gravitate that way for a while. u know what i mean.

the man who told you would change ,,, was trying to change you

i agree coz he made a number of advances on me. but u still have to question if its possible and i am not convinced this is all cut and dried like some of you hradcore fundamentalists are sounding here...more i gets older more i think its about culture and indoctrination etc

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

MoltenRock wrote: »
    more i gets older more i think its about culture and indoctrination etc
    I assume you don't mean to say that sexuality is entirely determined by culture and "indoctrination"? 'Coz I don't recall the Cult of Gay calling to my house in the early '90s on a recruitment drive. In fact I don't recall any exposure to homosexuality that would have made me like men, other than the hard-wiring in my brain. And if it was like that for me, how would culture have influenced those gay people who grew up in the extremely Catholic Ireland of the '50s?

I was just going to say that too ixoy, its people's brain chemistry that makes them attracted to males/females. You can't just decide one day to be gay, you're wired that way, you can't go one day, right neurons I want a bit of man action, change your hormone/endorphin/neurotransmitter mix there will you. Its part of you, part of your genetic makeup.
    Its not fundamentalist at all Molten Rock its science! There might be a small bit of environmental inflence thrown in but thats not a debate you want to enter into right now!! (I mean a guy in Africa who is gay a just doesn't know/understand what being gay is, its not a part of his culture/background. So he represses it, marries a woman and has kids)
    Molten Rock If you fancied a guy before then perhaps you are bisexual already. That proves that you can't just turn gay or suddenly become attracted to guys, you already were.
    Stop wasting time on this board with stupid comments (and learn how to use spellcheck!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

i have kinda liked the very odd guy i guess but have never ventured into thinking about having sex with em or anything but often thoght that was something i could experiment with just to see. but in reality i find the vast majority of fellas ungly unattractive and couldnt get my head around goin near em with a barge pole. but as i say there could be the odd fella i might.

Well then why don't you do some sexual experimentation and then you can tell us

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

ya might do. fck how do u do that ****. just go up to some fella and say i wanna try gay. will u help me??lol thats funny...

I was just going to say that too ixoy, its people's brain chemistry that makes them attracted to males/females. You can't just decide one day to be gay, you're wired that way, you can't go one day, right neurons I want a bit of man action, change your hormone/endorphin/neurotransmitter mix there will you. Its part of you, part of your genetic makeup.
    Its not fundamentalist at all Molten Rock its science! There might be a small bit of environmental inflence thrown in but thats not a debate you want to enter into right now!! (I mean a guy in Africa who is gay a just doesn't know/understand what being gay is, its not a part of his culture/background. So he represses it, marries a woman and has kids)
    Molten Rock If you fancied a guy before then perhaps you are bisexual already. That proves that you can't just turn gay or suddenly become attracted to guys, you already were.
    Stop wasting time on this board with stupid comments (and learn how to use spellcheck!)

and a man in arab country has sex with another man naturally coz its culture. man in prison aswell. environment very important and outside influence dont u think. of cousre for some it doesnt matter coz they are very strongly and naturally wired as gay but some others are more malleable in there sexuality.

and a man in arab country has sex with another man naturally coz its culture. man in prison aswell. environment very important and outside influence dont u think. of cousre for some it doesnt matter coz they are very strongly and naturally wired as gay but some others are more malleable in there sexuality.

Ok what???? In arab countries being gay is not part of the culture at all! They're so ultra-conservative that last week in Saudi Arabia a straight couple were arrested for kissing in public. Just kissing, nothing else.

The prison thing I can't really comment on. That is a situational thing, men have urges and all that. When locked up for possibly years on end, men need to fulfil their sexual needs. It doesn't whatsoever mean their gay. Whats the outside influence in prison?? There is none. Also, I'm sure sometimes its done to bully/hurt the other prisoner rather than doing it out of love for the other person.
    They don't change their sexuality like a light switch just cos they're in prison. And not every male prisoner engages in sex with other prisoners.

This really is getting rediculous. First of all, how old are you? By your spelling, attitude and knowlege I would think you are a teenager or at the very least young. If are over 18 and you want to experience gay sex then go to a gay club. Simple as. Stop insulting people on this forum.

rediculous? ridiculous. i much older than u think. i bet lots here are not insulted in the least. u are just being oversensitive and secretly wanting to be offended or something. get real grow up and your are not the brainbox u like to present yourself as on here.

rediculous? ridiculous. i much older than u think. i bet lots here are not insulted in the least. u are just being oversensitive and secretly wanting to be offended or something. get real grow up and your are not the brainbox u like to present yourself as on here.

So I made one spelling mistake? Would you like me to go back over your posts and pick over your spelling and grammar? I'm not going to because I think thats going a bit too far.

I'm not offended in the least. I just think you're being immature and insensitive to people on this forum. Some of them have given you some good advice and you've just chosen to ignore it and reply with sarcasm. Judging by your attitude to women (calling them wimmin and birds) then its no wonder you haven't had much luck lately.
    I never presented myself as a brainbox, where did u get that impression? My user name is not meant to be taken literally, I have done college courses in the area of Anatomy/Neuroscience and have an interest in it. That is why I chose my user name. It may not be clever but I'm not giving out or commenting on your user name so why comment on mine. Also, If you're referring to my earlier post on genetics/brain chemistry, I was not the only one to mention it.
    I don't know why I'm bothering to post this as you'll probably come back with some other insults/arguments.
    Goodnight.

So I made one spelling mistake? Would you like me to go back over your posts and pick over your spelling and grammar? I'm not going to because I think thats going a bit too far.

I'm not offended in the least. I just think you're being immature and insensitive to people on this forum. Some of them have given you some good advice and you've just chosen to ignore it and reply with sarcasm. Judging by your attitude to women (calling them wimmin and birds) then its no wonder you haven't had much luck lately.
    I never presented myself as a brainbox, where did u get that impression? My user name is not meant to be taken literally, I have done college courses in the area of Anatomy/Neuroscience and have an interest in it. That is why I chose my user name. It may not be clever but I'm not giving out or commenting on your user name so why comment on mine. Also, If you're referring to my earlier post on genetics/brain chemistry, I was not the only one to mention it.
    I don't know why I'm bothering to post this as you'll probably come back with some other insults/arguments.
    Goodnight.

as my mother would say(country woman)...ah dry up.

tmx for advice everyone else. and i will consider going to a club and looking for a male slapper as was suggested and use him for a bit of experimentation for my selfish purposes, ah no actually, i have more respect for someone than that. if i was say that about the wimmin or birds, sorry i call u ladies from now on as long as ye dont ever call a man a fella, u would have a pop there i bet aswell.

any ladies on here btw???

p.s. the spelling jibe was started by u..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Ok what???? In arab countries being gay is not part of the culture at all! They're so ultra-conservative that last week in Saudi Arabia a straight couple were arrested for kissing in public. Just kissing, nothing else.

The prison thing I can't really comment on. That is a situational thing, men have urges and all that. When locked up for possibly years on end, men need to fulfil their sexual needs. It doesn't whatsoever mean their gay. Whats the outside influence in prison?? There is none. Also, I'm sure sometimes its done to bully/hurt the other prisoner rather than doing it out of love for the other person.
    They don't change their sexuality like a light switch just cos they're in prison. And not every male prisoner engages in sex with other prisoners.

This really is getting rediculous. First of all, how old are you? By your spelling, attitude and knowlege I would think you are a teenager or at the very least young. If are over 18 and you want to experience gay sex then go to a gay club. Simple as. Stop insulting people on this forum.

brainyneuron, if you do some research on the topic of arab culture you will find that it is common place for men to have sex with men, but it is not considered homosexual. It has been part of their culture and in some regions and chastes it is a right of passage.

Gay activities are frowned upon in Islam but a set of cultural and traditional values have played a role in the turning a blind eye to much of these sexual activities if confined to a certain set of moral conducts.

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    brainyneuron, if you do some research on the topic of arab culture you will find that it is common place for men to have sex with men, but it is not considered homosexual. It has been part of their culture and in some regions and chastes it is a right of passage.

Gay activities are frowned upon in Islam but a set of cultural and traditional values have played a role in the turning a blind eye to much of these sexual activities if confined to a certain set of moral conducts.

Ok apologies, I should have checked first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

i dnt ndrstnd txt tlk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

No you can't 'turn' gay. If you kiss a guy and you like it, I'd hazard a guess that you have always been gay/bi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

This entire thread deserves a facepalm.

And now it's locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement