Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly Match Tonight

Options
  • 28-03-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

We are tyring to set up a friendly match tonight, 8 v 8, and may or may not have enough players. If anyone wants to join in to help make up the numbers then be on our TS later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yep I will go substitute for the great Trappitoni Fairy....bring me on for the last 10 tickets....:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

available if needed...

rush or conquest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Rush prob. Be on TS as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Got kicked off because of this ...
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

How'd the friendly go? :pac:

• Advertisement

R0ot wrote: »
    How'd the friendly go? :pac:

Best to not ask... :)

We lost. But I can safely say that the game is in no fit state for competitive play, even for the likes of a boards.ie conquest. We will have to wait for something to happen for any chance of decent matches.

TheFairy wrote: »
    We lost. But I can safely say that the game is in no fit state for competitive play, even for the likes of a boards.ie conquest. We will have to wait for something to happen for any chance of decent matches.

I am assuming all unlocks are unavailable on a passworded server?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah, what were the main issues with competitive play?

Everything Spooky, the game is not geared for it at all. It would need a major buy in from Dice for comp gaming to happen with BC2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well then all we can do is hope that one of these patches sort it out. But by the sound of things it could need more than a few patches.

Yeah its a bit mad...good laugh all the same. But I dont think we were playing at 100% either and the other side where clearly MAD FOR IT popping glucose tablets the lot.

LMAO

Aye it was more for the LOLs and to find out how the game would play.

Yeah I was in bits laughing at the TS....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah its a bit mad...good laugh all the same. But I dont think we were playing at 100% either and the other side where clearly MAD FOR IT popping glucose tablets the lot.

LMAO

Yeah, they seem to take it pretty seriously.

Once they had a squad manning the bradley and sniping while the other squad found a spawning position behind our own spawn point we were always in trouble.

Bit lame for one of them to just sit there and not move letting others spawn on him, but it did work. But for them to be so so picky at the start over FF etc and then spawn kill like a mofo is bad. I got killed about 5 times to moment I spawned....Instant Death.

Kinda glad I wasn't able to take part in this as anyone thats ever been on ts with me in a competitive game knows I take it WAY to seriously. :pac:

There will come a time when we need peeps to be 100% for clan games but until then there is mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Bit lame for one of them to just sit there and not move letting others spawn on him, but it did work. But for them to be so so picky at the start over FF etc and then spawn kill like a mofo is bad. I got killed about 5 times to moment I spawned....Instant Death.

Thats a very common tactic for Competitive play.

They probably are well used to it from BF2 / 2142.

One of the clans I used to be in for BF2 we used to employ that tactic. And practice maps and set out tactics for matches all the time.

Remember, for Competitive play, k/d ratio means feck all. Providing a good spawn position for your squad is tactically more important and necessary than getting a few more kills.

In a competitive match sure....but this was meant to be more of a doss then a full on OPERATION CAMEL TOE.

I mean they were fookin well on from the off.....mean while back at camp TIG we are doubled up laughing at syco or some **** messing with C4.....:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement