Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Concrete Balcony Floor

• 28-03-2010 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,I wonder can anybody help me. I have a small balcony area which has a concrete floor. I have had a lot of plants out on the balcony (and unfortunately I did not put little saucers underneath the pots) so my concrete floor is now very dirty (green and brown). I tried to clean this with water and scubbing brush but this just made it worse. Does anybody have any ideas how to clean this?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Jeyes fluid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sodium Hypochlorite also known as Bleach is the best for removing algal growth without leaving a residual smell.
    I suggest thick bleach but the choice is yours.
    Wet the area and use an old long handled brush to work the bleach over the entire surface of the balcony, leave for an hour or so and rinse off, you will notice any missed spots which you can treat again if necessary.

Advertisement