Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Megadrive

• 28-03-2010 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to put up a thread that if anyone in the Waterford area has any sega megadrive games up in the attic or anything I'd be more than happy to buy them off ye.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just get an emulator and a few roms. I so want a mega drive though. Gimme it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah i have the emulators but I also have well over 100 complete megadrive games on my shelves and I want more

be great if someone local just happened to have a ton of then up in the attic or somthing

100 originals. Good god that is awesome. Dont think I have any but sure if I see them floating around you can have em.

ah if you do let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Rainbow records had a load of them that he was selling for like a quid or something. I don't think anyone was too interested so he probably doesn't even have them on shelves anymore...might be worth asking him. His name is Gorgeous Tom.

• Advertisement

Really? I must take a look at that, I'll be in town tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

His name is Gorgeous Tom.

Is that his real name or is there a slap waiting for anyone to call him that?

haha. His name is Tom anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

he wont take offence to gorgeous Tom ;)

might even get a great deal off him

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I have one somewhere at home, 2 x controllers and a few games, all working.. must dig it out.. if you want it, drop me a pm..

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Ah the sega mega drive my son (now 20) got this off santa many years ago,don't no where it is now..must have a look:)

let me know if you find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Saw a bunch of mega drive games up the back of cash converters there a while ago (near the DVD's) boxed and unboxed a quid or two a piece. Might be worth a look - is that place still open ?

is greg still in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was about to say cash converters,

I downloaded roms for every game ever released for the megadrive a few years ago. It's not the same tbh but it's amazIng maybe 10 of the games are still even today really good.

Thats a big fail with rainbow records and cash converters, or cash conivience as its called now on the quay.

So now im relying on attic raids :P

eBay?

Did gorgeous tom even tell ya what he did with all the games he used to have?

Ah ebay sellers have inflated prices and even if you do find a good deal they do ya on the shipping. Even though I do get stuff off there a good bit

Gorgeous tom said he hasnt done them for years, didnt say what he did with them, I didnt think of asking either

ziedth wrote: »
    maybe 10 of the games are still even today really good.
    Way more than 10 boy, that computer was lethal. Never cleared that fooking ghosts and ghouls or goblins or whatever ya call it. Thats it. Off to play it now.

• Advertisement

Ah theres some load of games that are still brilliant to play, once you get past the fact that its not a ps3 and get into a game its fantastic

If you can get your hands on shining force 1 and 2 once you should pay anything for them.

If you can live with the galourious amount if campness u think it rivals any rpg on the xbox.

Prob is more then 10 senseible soccer is better then iss pro or FIFA for sheer fun to play.

Honestly if you get allot of roms and shell out for a decent joypad there is no difference really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I won a megadrive around 1996/7, about the same time Playstations and Nintendo 64s came along.

I didn't play it much because it was about absolete, and I wasn't so into video games at that stage. More of a nintendo person anyway.

So its in more or less perfect condition in my attic, plus I bought an extra controller.

It came with Dr Robotniks mean bean machine, and I think Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.

I wouldn't sell the game separately, but I suppose I should try shift it on ebay or something.

dayshah wrote: »
    I won a megadrive around 1996/7, about the same time Playstations and Nintendo 64s came along.

I didn't play it much because it was about absolete, and I wasn't so into video games at that stage. More of a nintendo person anyway.

So its in more or less perfect condition in my attic, plus I bought an extra controller.

It came with Dr Robotniks mean bean machine, and I think Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.

I wouldn't sell the game separately, but I suppose I should try shift it on ebay or something.

Is it still in the box and everything caus i might be interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

It is as far as I remember.

Its in my parents attic, and I wont be home for a few weeks.

I hope I still have it, unless it was given to SVP or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sorry, have 1, wouldn't sell it for the world!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Sorry, have 1, wouldn't sell it for the world!
    Many games?

if its still in the box Im way more interested than you :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

seanybiker wrote: »
    if its still in the box Im way more interested than you :O

If it's still in the box, methinks it'd be well worth lobbing on ebay for a pretty penny tbh

• Advertisement

Well its not worth a huge ammout or anything just because its in the box, mabye 50 euro

Advertisement