Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Megadrive

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Well its not worth a huge ammout or anything just because its in the box, mabye 50 euro

yeah but it would be cool having the box aswell.

Wasnt smyths or someone like them selling "new" versions of it a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

No idea, prob was one of those plug and play versions or somthing.

Ah yeah a boxed console is nice, have 2 myself, model 1 and model 2 in almost perfect condition in the box. Got them with a lot of games. I would have used them but i have plenty of other MDs to keep me going

Do you have the commodoe 64?? would love to play flimbos quest again. i can still remember the cheat. although holding down on the second top rung of a ladder isnt hard to forget haha.
    Cant find me fecking dreamcast anywhere either :(

No no comodore 64 for me yet, really only been collecting sega MD recently, have a few SNES and NES stuff aswell but Sega Megadrive is my thing, My brother sold all our games except 1 to get a PS1 so I resurected the collection.

Been meaning to get a Dreamcast aswell, anyone in Waterford got one they want to get rid of?

No no comodore 64 for me yet, really only been collecting sega MD recently, have a few SNES and NES stuff aswell but Sega Megadrive is my thing, My brother sold all our games except 1 to get a PS1 so I resurected the collection.

Been meaning to get a Dreamcast aswell, anyone in Waterford got one they want to get rid of?
    ha ha i still have PS1 with its man united skin on it. hacked and all to play copied games lol. So hardcore.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got out the sodering gun a while ago and did a region and 50/60hz mod to my MD.

I think were a bit too extreme tbh! :P

Yeah I got out the sodering gun a while ago and did a region and 50/60hz mod to my MD.

I think were a bit too extreme tbh! :P
    ha ha what a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I think there is a rule against selling things on boards.ie, so I'll PM you both in a few weeks when I get home.

If I still have it its in the attic including the box and so on. I was always very careful with that sort of thing. I'd have to try it out to make sure it still works ok.

Regarding the plug n play type things, they look fun, but I heard they actually have a slower processor or something which reduces performance. I suppose it depends on what game you are playing.

Ah yeah send me a PM when you get home.

Well when you run it at 60Hz the games is 20% faster, check youtube for the comparison vidoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I loved the comm 64,

Dizzy FTW

• Advertisement

anyone got anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

if you have 100 originals your gonna find it hard to find games that you dont already have. lots on ebay though. thats the first place i would look

ziedth wrote: »
    I loved the comm 64,

Dizzy FTW
    Downloaded a dizzy rom only last week. Its still awesome ha ha. Still remember brother getting out run on christmas morning. That was a savage game.

tc2010 wrote: »
    if you have 100 originals your gonna find it hard to find games that you dont already have. lots on ebay though. thats the first place i would look

Ah I dont mind doubles, since some of the ones i have arnt in the best condition. And no more ebay for me, sick of getting f'd in the A with stupid prices

Surely someone in waterford must have a few games in the attic!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

At the Callan sunday market/carboot sale, at the indoor section, there's a guy there that sells megadrives, game cubes and dreamcasts and stuff!

has a nice little selection of games too i think!

pop down he might do ya a deal if he knows you're a collector!

Ah wheres that market, might go check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Callan, south of Kilkenny City.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 08mor

eeloe wrote: »
    At the Callan sunday market/carboot sale, at the indoor section, there's a guy there that sells megadrives, game cubes and dreamcasts and stuff!

has a nice little selection of games too i think!

pop down he might do ya a deal if he knows you're a collector!

That chaps name is Mike, Sound guy, i trade up there myself so you get to know all the regular traders

Ah cool, might head up next Sunday for a look see.

In the mean time anyone round here found anything in the attic? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

I deffo have one in the attic at home,ill have a root around the next time im there and update you on any finds, i think andre agassi tennis is def there and a few sonics maybe, pretty sure they are still in the boxes.

That would be great, thanks

Should be home at some stage during the week,was hoping to get home over the weekend but didt make it.Havet forgotten about it.

Cool, let me know what you find

Sorry about the delay,well so far ive found a 3 in 1 cartridge with super hang on(motorbike game) columns and world cup italia 90.theres ecco the dolphin,something called puggsy and tazmania. Have most of the manuals and boxes.

Ah nice, let me know if you find anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Loughsie

I have :

Mortal Kombat II
    Sonic
    Fifa Soccer
    Eternal Champions
    Genesis
    Megagames 6 with :
    • World cup italia 90
    • Alien Strom
    • Super Monaco
    • Super Thunderblade
    • Super hang on
    • Columns
    I have the mega drive II console too would like to sell that as well. Has two controllers

and a cartridge that can be used to play cheats apparently , no idea what games it worked on so long ago!

well the only ones I'd really want would be sonic and mortal kombat II, are they in the box with the manual?

• Advertisement

well the only ones I'd really want would be sonic and mortal kombat II, are they in the box with the manual?

In their boxes, no manuals sorry

Advertisement