Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sanitary products

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Pearl for me these days.

Anytime I wear a ST I feel like I'm wearing a nappy and am very conscious that other people will hear the scrunching !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Another advantage to mooncups is that they save you from embarrassment around dogs. I have two springer spaniels, a breed with one of the strongest senses of smell, and to say they are intrigued whenever we have a visitor who is having her period is a MASSIVE understatement. They are the worst with a pad wearer but can also smell tampons and are very "attentive".:o But they have no reaction to mooncup wearers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

iguana wrote: »
    Another advantage to mooncups is that they save you from embarrassment around dogs. I have two springer spaniels, a breed with one of the strongest senses of smell, and to say they are intrigued whenever we have a visitor who is having her period is a MASSIVE understatement. They are the worst with a pad wearer but can also smell tampons and are very "attentive".:o But they have no reaction to mooncup wearers.

If your avatar is the two dogs, they might be less than polite, but they're gorgeous.:)

Mooncup +5 million. Cheap, convenient and discreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Re. the dog sniffing...not cool...not cool at all... My fella gets the nose into ALL crotches,especially the female kind and it's not so easy to shoo him off :p Would a mooncup be easy to use if one has never even used a tampon before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jkwxez12yrdgbq

Truley wrote: »
    Boots used to sell a brand of natural tampons and towels called 'cottons' which were the business, but I haven't been able to find them for a while now :( I have been a mooncup convert for just over a year now though and I haven't looked back. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Have to agree with you, started using the Mooncup after my sister recommended it and haven't looked back since. Haven't suffered any cramps since using it either and saving a fortune on sanitary products.

Mooncup for the win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I had the same experience when I was on my period and went to visit a couple who owned Wolf Hybrids and the male was very interested in me and kept circling as if he was ready to pounce. Scared the bejasus out of me.

I've found Tampax Pearl the easiest to use. I hate pads I just feel like I'm wearing a nappy and they make noise too.

I'm interested in these Mooncups now. I havin't heard much about them. Do you have to get them online or do any shops here sell them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ahhh, so that's why my beagle was being so snuffly. I thought she was just being friendly :(

ew. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i think mooncups/divacups sound brilliant, but i don't think i could use one myself, have always been put off by the idea of tampons too. know it sounds really immature, and i'm not sure why it is, it's not like i'm afraid to touch my vagina but just the idea of leaving anything up there all day makes me feeel weird! don't think i could get an IUD or nuvaring for same reason. silly i know, but it just makes me feel uncomfy thinking about it!

since i've been on the pill, my periods are light enough that i never have a problem using pads anyway. have many people here used the lunapads? i'd be interested in giving them ago but i guess i'm just a bit skeptical about the absorbancy and how well they wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I'm interested in these Mooncups now. I havin't heard much about them. Do you have to get them online or do any shops here sell them?

You can order them straight from their website. But you can also get them in most boots stores and health shops. In boots they will be in the same section as tampons and pads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

+ 1 on Mooncup
    Wish I found them years ago.
    Never again tampons.

I hated pads, always tampons.
    Now it mooncup and pantliners.

I clean it twice a day wow change a fortune and last longer.
    Its amazing how little blood its really is in a day.
    With a tampon it look like a lot blood. strange

Also Im curious about this product its new to me, its a tear away knicker with pad. forgot name think tempa or something.
    Saw them in Tesco.
    Is this for maternity women or heavy bleeders who dont wanna ruin their good knickers or other? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Eh no the Tena range products are for women with bladder weakness.

Advertisement