If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46PFL8605 3D TV Release date?

Options
  • 28-03-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Really want to buy a new 46 or 47" LCD tv and like the look of the new 46PFL8605 (although I've no interest in the 3D aspect of it), I guess I'm wondering if I should wait for this or get the 9664?

Does anyone from Richersounds / Philips have a reliable date when the new 8 series will hit the shops and a price?

Also interested to find out what the overall thinckness of the new screens are, I plan on wall mounting it so it's pretty important to me. Are the connectors at 90 degrees to to back of the screen which effectly adds a couple of inches when wall mounting, hopefully they'll be on the bottom or one of the sides like some of the earlier philips lcd's.

Thanks,

Lar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭lar77

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Lar77

The tentative date for the new 46" 8 series in June/July (nice and vague eh!)
    I expect it to go for €1999.99 (to be confirmed)

Spec's arent up on the Philips Website as of yet so cant comment on its thickness (or lack of..) and with out laying my eyes on it I cant say how the connectors are arranged on the back of the set.

Hope thats of some help to you:)

Once we have concrete release dates we will post up.

Cheers
    Ash

thanks for the reply, not sure if I can wait 'till june / july though ..... may would have been nice.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

lar77 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, not sure if I can wait 'till june / july though ..... may would have been nice.

Lar,

apologies for our delay getting back to you - I met with the Philips guys yesterday and the very 1st of the 46 8 series are expected in at the end of May (we always add a few weeks for safety) however they will only be available in small quantities at 1st.

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=5644

The spec on this set is immense:

Enlarge your viewing experience
    • Ambilight Spectra 2
    • Full HD 3-D Ready
    • Full HD TV with Perfect Pixel HD engine
    • Brilliant LED images with low power consumption
    • 200Hz LCD, 1ms performance for superb motion sharpness
    • HD Natural Motion for ultra smooth motion in Full HD movies
    • Absorb the atmosphere with 20W RMS and Incredible Surround

• Net TV with Wi-Fi for popular online services on your TV
    • DLNA PC Network link to browse PC and Home network content

3D Full HD Ready
    • The 8000 series is Full HD 3D Ready offering full 1080p resolution to both eyes and backwards compatibility
    • The additional 3D upgrade pack includes 2 active glasses and an IR receiver

Greater sustainability
    • LED is up to 50% more energy efficient than regular LCD TVs

Specifications:
    • Full HD 3D Ready
    • Perfect Pixel HD Engine
    • 200Hz Clear LCD (1ms)
    • Edge LED
    • Net TV
    • DLNA 1.5
    • Wall adaptive Ambilight (Spectra 2)
    • HDMI 1.4
    • Energy Star 4.0
    • Divx HD, MKV, H264, AAC en MP3, AVCHD
    • Wi-Fi MediaConnect to play all you PC media files on your TV
    • Internet Radio Service

As Ash said - we expect it to retail at a max of €1999.99 however after your Boardie Philips Shop Discount that will come down to just €1799.99 including the 2 year warranty.

We already have several orders on this set (I've seen it in the flesh and it's stunning) It has a really clever stand that doubles as a flexible wall mount ( I know I'm a product nerd) and of course the picture quality is excellent - it also comes with an interesting WI-Fi media connect widget which is great for presentations or streaming contect from your PC network.

Sorry to be so long winded - but it is a pretty interesting beast!

Keep us posted if you need any further info,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Gez, cant wait to see this one myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

The spec on this set is immense:

Enlarge your viewing experience
    • Ambilight Spectra 2
    • Full HD 3-D Ready
    • Full HD TV with Perfect Pixel HD engine
    • Brilliant LED images with low power consumption
    • 200Hz LCD, 1ms performance for superb motion sharpness
    • HD Natural Motion for ultra smooth motion in Full HD movies
    • Absorb the atmosphere with 20W RMS and Incredible Surround

• Net TV with Wi-Fi for popular online services on your TV
    • DLNA PC Network link to browse PC and Home network content

3D Full HD Ready
    • The 8000 series is Full HD 3D Ready offering full 1080p resolution to both eyes and backwards compatibility
    • The additional 3D upgrade pack includes 2 active glasses and an IR receiver

Greater sustainability
    • LED is up to 50% more energy efficient than regular LCD TVs

Specifications:
    • Full HD 3D Ready
    • Perfect Pixel HD Engine
    • 200Hz Clear LCD (1ms)
    • Edge LED
    • Net TV
    • DLNA 1.5
    • Wall adaptive Ambilight (Spectra 2)
    • HDMI 1.4
    • Energy Star 4.0
    • Divx HD, MKV, H264, AAC en MP3, AVCHD
    • Wi-Fi MediaConnect to play all you PC media files on your TV
    • Internet Radio Service

As Ash said - we expect it to retail at a max of €1999.99 however after your Boardie Philips Shop Discount that will come down to just €1799.99 including the 2 year warranty.

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Don't mean to drag the thread too much off topic but I was wondering if you could do a bit of compare and contrast for me :)

I've been mulling over making a 46" top of the range purchase but I'd like to get your opinion on the differences between the 46PFL9704H (€2699.99) and this new beast 46PFL8605 (~€1999). (Note I'm ignoring 10% discounts for simplicity.)

The first thing I noticed in the specs you printed is that this new 8 series has the perfect pixel HD Engine which I thought was what distinguished a 9 series from an 8 series...

What do you get from the 46PFL9704H for the extra €700 (which is almost the cost of a new decent mid range TV) ?

LED PRO but no 3D ?
    Better sound but fatter ?

I don't mean to sound like a hard-ass :D It's a lot of money and I'd like to get your opinon before I part with this sort of cash.

davej

Hi John & Ashley,

Thanks for your replies, how do I go about putting my name for one of the 46" 8 series that will hopefully arrive end of May? Do I need to pay a deposit? And for instance, if in the meantime it gets reviews that it's not good for gaming can I get the deposit back? My PFL9632 made gaming impossible because of lag but my 42" 9664 is excellent!

Cheers,

Lar.

Bump ....

Any thoughts on the above? :)

Hi Lar

if you can pm me your name and contact details i'll make note on our system to contact you when this TV arrives into us.

I'll add you to the reserve list.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Lar

if you can pm me your name and contact details i'll make note on our system to contact you when this TV arrives into us.

I'll add you to the reserve list.

Cheers
    Ash

PM Sent, Thanks.

Laurence.

• Advertisement

Cheers Laurence

Your on the list.
    I'll let you know when the TV lands into us.
    Sure is an excellently spec'd set:)

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Ash,

Can you add me to the list for the new 8 series please?? I was wondering does it come in 40" and 46"?? Whats the difference in price for the smaller size?

Dave was a big help in advising earlier in the year and we decided to hang on for the newer TV's.......icon12.gif

Thanks in advance guys?

Cheers Laurence

Your on the list.
    I'll let you know when the TV lands into us.
    Sure is an excellently spec'd set:)

cheers
    Ash

Thanks! :)

Hi Ryanno

Yes this TV Series is available in 40 and 46" flavours, as well as 32".
    The 40PFL8605H is expected to sell for €1499.99
    The 46PFL8605H is expected to sell for €1999.99

These prices are before your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount has been deducted.

I hope to see this range in June/July (no concrtete date as yet)
    They do look rather exciting:) I think John Mc has seen them in the flesh and was quite taken by them.

Which size shall I put your name down for?

Have a good Easter
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

So Ash, when will we be able to see Avatar 3D in the shop.;)

As soon as it is released on 3D BluRay:D
    Looks like it will be 2011 before that film hits the shops in its 3D form.

Naturally once we get 3D Tv's in store we will post up and you can all call in and check 'em out

have a good one
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Ash,

I'll put my name on a 46 inch please!! Now it's time to knit the ballaclava and visit the local bank!!! icon10.gif lol....

Can we view in store before purchase??? Will the 3d add on be released at the same time??

Role on June/July......

Thanks Ryanno

Hi Ryanno

Ha! good luck in finding a bank with any money:mad:

You can absolutely view instore before purchase.
    I have your name on the list.

Good question re the 3D add on pack - i'd like to think they will be released around the same time but will need to confirm that for you.

I'm looking forward to turning our little demo room in store into a 3D demo room as soon as we can:D

Have a good Easter

Ash

Any update on when you expect the 46" 8 series to appear? Will the 46" / 52" 7 series arrive much before it?

Hi Lar77

Keep an eye here -
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055893586

I'll post up all info I get on the 8 series TV's on this thread.
    The latest is end of May/early June.

I expect to see the bulk of the new 7 Series range over the next couple of weeks - some are due next week

Oh you'll get the first 46PFL8605H - I have your name down for one and will phone you as soon as it lands in.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.