Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going for Nokia. But E72 or N97?

• 28-03-2010 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Decided to buy a Nokia smartphone with a Decent camera+Music player+Free GPS Maps. But confused between Nokia E72 and N97. I have never used touch screen mobiles before. So bit reluctant in choosing N97. GPS is very important for me as I might get lost on the road. Since Nokia now offers free life time maps with voice guidance for all of their smartphones, I decided to go for Nokia. N72 has a small screen, so not sure whether I would go for this.

Features I might often use : Fring for voip calls, GPS, MP3, FM Radio

Features I might NOT use : Emails

Any E72 or N97 users, could you suggest which one to choose?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

E72 has a fine screen. Personally, I would go for the E72. Less firmware issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

net4hack wrote: »

Any E72 or N97 users, could you suggest which one to choose?

I've an N97... and it's a turd of a phone.

I'd suggest you get the E72 instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Another vote for the E72.

It can get the free voice naviagtion version of Ovi Maps out of the box - no need for messing with firmware updates or any of that muck.

It's a lightening fast handset too - the N97 mini felt VERY sluggish in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

you might also take a look at the nokia x6 as the E72 is more a business phone geared towards e-mail, its more like nokias take on the blackberry (albeit a fantastic phone in its own right!). but heres a pic of the x6:

nokia_x6.jpg

and a review:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/nokia-x6-656297/review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Of those two, the E72.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

Thanks for the advice. Now waiting for the E72 Silver...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Am in the same situation dont know whether to go for E72 or N97. Let us know how the E72 works out for ya. Got very good reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nexuslad

yea e72 be best bet, where you go for it?

Advertisement