Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Be surprised if Templars hall doesn't look like a city in fallout 3 tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just for the Fallout fans. :D

"WITmas. WITmas never changes. Since the dawn of student kind, when our ancestors first discovered the intoxicating power of cheap tesco beer, alcohol has been consumed in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic hunger for pints. In the year 2011, after millennia of drunken conflict, the destructive nature of students could sustain itself no longer. Templar's Hall was plunged into an abyss of tits hanging out everywhere and clashes between residents and students. But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of student drinking. Instead, the apocalypse Templar's Hall incident was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of Waterford's history. For students had succeeded in annoying Billy McCarthy and the old women of Waterford - but WITmas, WITmas never changes. In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of WITmas by taking refuge in enormous civilised shelters, known as anything but student accomodation. But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the the city centre to greet them - all except those in the safety of their homes. For on this fateful day each year, when drink, blood and free condoms rain from the sky, the students celebrate WITmas. It was here the new breed were born. It is here you will drink. Because, when WITmas comes around: no one ever gets any sleep, and no one ever leaves sober. WITmas, WITmas never changes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Like a war zone alright. Big drunken mess. Massive Qs for Masons, was very little for Harveys (how times changed!), and I didn't see anything at The Foundry around 12sh. The streets are a mess with cans, bottles, and drunk students. Guards and Ambulances kept busy as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I passed around 10.30 massive Qs for all places The Foundry had the biggest. Took ages to drive around they were all over the road one guy had to stop his car while someone gave him the finger to much going on in one area a lot of empty can's left on the ground I know some people have been drinking since 10am the fire brigade had trouble getting through this mess

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Sully wrote: »
    Like a war zone alright. Big drunken mess. Massive Qs for Masons, was very little for Harveys (how times changed!), and I didn't see anything at The Foundry around 12sh. The streets are a mess with cans, bottles, and drunk students. Guards and Ambulances kept busy as I can see.
    Harveys was full by 11.We had a queue at 9 o clock.Bit of a mental night.Students are getting worse every year.Between fighting each other non-stop.To a few incidents of them trying to convince us they gave us money for drink when they didnt and then when we asked them for money they threatened to jump the counter.Fun times.With the amount of students around earlier id be very surprised if any place wasnt full.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Animals. Shower of animals. thats all I have to say

Enjoyed the night overall though :)

Ye it was nice to be that busy from early again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cheers lads. Is the Front Lounge central? I am staying in the Marina hotel. The Mrs will be watching the X Factor there I guess while I go for the game.

Also, where is Basement? Good gig there tmr night.

Masons then on Sunday for Papa Zitas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

They're all within 10 seconds of each other and about a 10 minute walk from the marina. Basement is in revolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

The way students act I dont know how people can defend them, If it was people from ballybeg acting like this down town everyone would be complaining why do students get left off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Harveys was full by 11.We had a queue at 9 o clock.Bit of a mental night.Students are getting worse every year.Between fighting each other non-stop.To a few incidents of them trying to convince us they gave us money for drink when they didnt and then when we asked them for money they threatened to jump the counter.Fun times.With the amount of students around earlier id be very surprised if any place wasnt full.

Hit em a slap!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

SU president on local news denouncing the whole €2 drinks, bit brainless of the venues to be giving away cheap drink when the crowd is out anyway

Nypd wrote: »
    SU president on local news denouncing the whole €2 drinks, bit brainless of the venues to be giving away cheap drink when the crowd is out anyway

How much of this is actually the problem? I'm sure it doesnt help but I am gonna go out on a limb here and assume they are fairly mouldy before they even leave the house...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

O Riain wrote: »
    How much of this is actually the problem? I'm sure it doesnt help but I am gonna go out on a limb here and assume they are fairly mouldy before they even leave the house...

It deinately doesn't help. Let's say back in my day you'd have 6 Dutch a naggin and mixer all for under €15 that would leave ya say €20 for the rest of your night out. Big difference between 10 and 4 drinks ya know?

ziedth wrote: »
    It deinately doesn't help. Let's say back in my day you'd have 6 Dutch a naggin and mixer all for under €15 that would leave ya say €20 for the rest of your night out. Big difference between 10 and 4 drinks ya know?

Oh I know and I dont doubt that they're horsin the drink into them once they get into the club, but how drunk are they going into the club?
    In Australia if there is a person severily drunk in a bar when the cops walk in, and they use to a lot, the bouncer would be asked why this person is in here, the bar staff would be asked why are they in such a state and there would be serious repurcussions. I had to do an RSA(responsible service of alcohol) in order to work in a bar over there, that was the law and it also made me accountable. If we were serious on tackling the drink problem here we would have something similar. This would mean there would be €2 drink there for people to enjoy them and not just a way of getting out of their mind. Anyway what im saying is that I think young people drink more before going out now and what should be done is make it clear at the door of every pub and club is that if you drink too much at home then you quiet simply will not be going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

ziedth wrote: »

Oh I know and I dont doubt that they're horsin the drink into them once they get into the club, but how drunk are they going into the club?
    In Australia if there is a person severily drunk in a bar when the cops walk in, and they use to a lot, the bouncer would be asked why this person is in here, the bar staff would be asked why are they in such a state and there would be serious repurcussions. I had to do an RSA(responsible service of alcohol) in order to work in a bar over there, that was the law and it also made me accountable. If we were serious on tackling the drink problem here we would have something similar. This would mean there would be €2 drink there for people to enjoy them and not just a way of getting out of their mind. Anyway what im saying is that I think young people drink more before going out now and what should be done is make it clear at the door of every pub and club is that if you drink too much at home then you quiet simply will not be going in.

Let's be honest here some of the venues have more morals than others.
    I agree totally that vintners should be made to adhere to responsible drinking policies.

The problem needs to be addressed at the source which the supermarkets are mainly the guilty party.
    The drink is sold cheaper there than what some venues can buy it at

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

It's incredible alright how the law stating that it is an offence to supply alcohol to a drunk person and to admit a drunk person to a bar is just ignored.

You would need a competent police force for that to work, people will disagree here but our police force is pretty much useless compared to other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

There's no way anywhere was doing €2 drinks last night. Is anywhere still doing them any night?

Ye i think most venues were doing full price drinks with a few specials.No need for 2euro drinks last night

• Advertisement

Ye i think most venues were doing full price drinks with a few specials.No need for 2euro drinks last night

Foundry Nightclub Waterford
    Tonight its Wild and Wicked Wednesday @ The Foundry Waterford
    Adm: €2
    Drinks from €2.50
    Doors: 10.00pm

Nowhere was doing full price drinks they all act as if the cheap drink is an offer but its been going on for the last 6 months.

deisedave wrote: »
    Drinks from €2.50

Nowhere was doing full price drinks they all act as if the cheap drink is an offer but its been going on for the last 6 months.
    Yes drinks from 2.50 could mean one drink is 2.50 and the rest are normal prices.Harveys had normal weekend prices with a few special.I think masons were the same and the foundry are charging more then 2.50 for most drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Yes drinks from 2.50 could mean one drink is 2.50 and the rest are normal prices.Harveys had normal weekend prices with a few special.I think masons were the same and the foundry are charging more then 2.50 for most drinks

I think most people have the drunken blinkers on going to the Foundry, They just see drinks €2.50 not the From, Thinking they are getting a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

students are just a pack of animals!!! rude and aggressive!! this christmas day thing should be banned but its good that every place was filled !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

yoyo83 wrote: »
    students are just a pack of animals!!! rude and aggressive!! this christmas day thing should be banned but its good that every place was filled !!

Didn't it give you a nights work when otherwise you probably would have been sitting at home.........

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Didn't it give you a nights work when otherwise you probably would have been sitting at home.........

true that i rather be in work then sittin on my backside...its all good fun though:D

I think most people have the drunken blinkers on going to the Foundry, They just see drinks €2.50 not the From, Thinking they are getting a great deal.

I dont be drunk going to the foundry and I always get my pints for 2.50 they say from 2.50 so you cant go in and order a moet for 2.50 but all the pints on tap will be 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

yoyo83 wrote: »

This I hate, don't start generalising and putting us all in together. I'm a student, I was out last night with my mates. We did not get sh1tfaced, we did not start any fights and we did not jump out in front of cars!

Rant over!

Ledger wrote: »
    This I hate, don't start generalising and putting us all in together. I'm a student, I was out last night with my mates. We did not get sh1tfaced, we did not start any fights and we did not jump out in front of cars!

Rant over!

ill change it so not all students are pack of animals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

deisedave wrote: »
    Drinks from €2.50

In revolution last night we had no different drink promotions on that we have any other Wednesday night. No 2 euro drinks, no 2.50 drinks, pints same as always, shots same as always, spirits and cocktails, same as always

Advertisement