Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I was akso in foundry on NYE and was disgusted at the amount of 15-16 year olds in there (before anyone gets upset, i KNEW some of them were that age) Felt like a teenage disco! Made me uncomfortable to be honest.
    Ridiculous that the bouncers were leaving them in! If I had a son/daughter getting into a nightclub at that age id ask serious questions about the place! ID or not, surely common sense should prevail.

What is ridiculous is that parent´s allow their 15/16 year old out until all hours and then blame everybody else when it all goes wrong,i.e pregnant,arrested or end up in hospital getting their stomach pumped.Late night venues are no place for under 18´s .

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

kryogen wrote: »
    Jesus are you serious?

I havent checked the exchange rate in a while but it used to be much cheaper than that!

Yep couldn't believe it myself when I checked it so checked it 2 or 3 times just to make sure!! Fairly shocking alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,295 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wheres a good spot to go to by yourselve (i know im a loner lol).

When im done work on occasion i go have a drink to wind down a bit and i normally go to Dignity but the other half has a friends hen night in there tomorrow so i have to change from my normal routine lol.

I was thinking Shortts but will people to starring at me cause im alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Somewhere that nearly always has a tv on tbh.

Woodman always works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Woodman is a grand spot if your wanting a quiet pint on your own, Grimes' also.

• Advertisement

+1 for the woodman,staff are very friendly and bar is spotless and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The Tap Room, Gingerman and Woodman are great spots for a quiet drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

very friendly people in the woodman always says hello to me when i go in...i wouldnt even know who they are but its nice to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wheres a good spot to go to by yourselve (i know im a loner lol).

When im done work on occasion i go have a drink to wind down a bit and i normally go to Dignity but the other half has a friends hen night in there tomorrow so i have to change from my normal routine lol.

I was thinking Shortts but will people to starring at me cause im alone

PTH, I almost always go on my own for a few, know a few people around town so between bouncers and customers I feel relatively safe, though I would go anywhere alone..

Ive always liked the kazbar, easy to get to the bar and be recognised by the staff/repeat orders etc.. anyhoo have a large bottle for us this weekend :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

yoyo83 wrote: »
    very friendly people in the woodman always says hello to me when i go in...i wouldnt even know who they are but its nice to see it

Ehhh is this when you go in to clock in since you work there?? Why wouldn't they know you when you work there? :cool:Epic Fail!!!!

• Advertisement

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Ehhh is this when you go in to clock in since you work there?? Why wouldn't they know you when you work there? :cool:Epic Fail!!!!

lol

YOYO83.I feel violated by this breach of etiquette.:eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I remember i was in escape ages back and my gf noticed girls from her sister class in school there were 13-14years old and go out regularly and they didn't shy away from the much older guys in the place id rather sit in a pub somewhere then go to a night club

Faq wrote: »
    I remember i was in escape ages back and my gf noticed girls from her sister class in school there were 13-14years old and go out regularly and they didn't shy away from the much older guys in the place id rather sit in a pub somewhere then go to a night club

Where is escape

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Where is escape

What used to be the Mojo lounge. Beside hillbillies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    What used to be the Mojo lounge. Beside hillbillies.
    Vice-versa.

Mojo is where escape was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

kryogen wrote: »
    lol

Had to be worst promo effort ever :cool:

dayshah wrote: »
    Vice-versa.

Mojo is where escape was.

Thank you, I knew that but I don't speak English good :pac:

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Had to be worst promo effort ever :cool:

Haha I have actually seen worse on here funnily enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blueboi

A member of Harveys staff told me that the place is closing soon for " renovations"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Blueboi wrote: »
    A member of Harveys staff told me that the place is closing soon for " renovations"
    Whats the story with that place did it go into receivership after?

it's not that I don't believe anyone who said so but I have deleted all posts relating to the rumor of a closed venue. I see it's on facebook too so if and when we have a confirmed link I'll put back up the last few posts. I appreciate any co-operation as I'm sure you wouldnt want to find out here if you were involved with the place.

As usual if you have any questions PM me.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

it's not that I don't believe anyone who said so but I have deleted all posts relating to the rumor of a closed venue. I see it's on facebook too so if and when we have a confirmed link I'll put back up the last few posts. I appreciate any co-operation as I'm sure you wouldnt want to find out here if you were involved with the place.

As usual if you have any questions PM me.

Thanks.

Would a picture of the locksmith with his van suffice :D There is a security guard there tho so maybe I could be wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

deisedave wrote: »
    Would a picture of the locksmith with his van suffice :D

How does a locksmith make a rumour of a closure true?

Ledger wrote: »
    How does a locksmith make a rumour of a closure true?

Well I heard of someone then the locksmith came along and they didnt open last night, they also only appear to be opening up now which is weird they are normally open from ten. There is something going on but I cant say what I think on here unless I got proof.

edit: People getting turned away and door closed again

without a link to another site we don't post up these kind of rumors. It's just the way we do it. For what it's worth I believe you but like I said it's mainly for those involved with the venue.

without a link to another site we don't post up these kind of rumors. It's just the way we do it. For what it's worth I believe you but like I said it's mainly for those involved with the venue.

It could just be renovations only reason I am guessing other wise was because of them going into receivership back a while ago. Just a bit weird when rumours start going around the locksmith comes and they are not opening, which is not rumour anyone who drives past or is in town can see.

They might be opening now, I wont comment again until the night is over because I might be jumping the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

can anyone confirm if harveys was open last night or know for certain if they are open tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

screenshot20120128at124w.png

According to their Facebook they're still alive and kicking...

• Advertisement

Just goes to show. I saw it on a couple of peoples Facebook that they were locked up tight. Perfect example of why we can't discuss these kind of things.

Advertisement