Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyone heard an opening date for The Hub (the pub formerly known as the Wacky Apple)?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Anyone heard an opening date for The Hub (the pub formerly known as the Wacky Apple)?

22nd Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Think late November, I hope they manage to attract a new, non-scumbag crowd. It will be tough though, once a place has a bad name and all that, it would be hard to change it. Look at the Toddle Inn, changed hands several times, same old pond life kept going in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Was at Luka Bloom in Music at The Museum yeseterday morning, full house cracking gig with great audience participation , a quite success kudos to Kay Browne for her work.
    An hour and forty five minutes for €5.00 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Was at Luka Bloom in Music at The Museum yeseterday morning, full house cracking gig with great audience participation , a quite success kudos to Kay Browne for her work.
    An hour and forty five minutes for €5.00 !

And it includes discounts for food in geoffs and the munster. There are a lot of hidden gems like this in the city but they are mostly ignored by the general populace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Where was it advertised,I certainly would have supported the gig if I had known about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Where was it advertised,I certainly would have supported the gig if I had known about it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=154361001382336&set=a.154360998049003.36008.153084964843273&type=1

just here afaik was over full as it happens

wellboytoo wrote: »

was also in the News & Star. And the Waterford Today I think. I read it in the N&S anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

kg703 wrote: »
    Even a rock bar?

That's a good one.

If only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

CuriousG wrote: »
    That's a good one.

If only.
    Would have considered Murphy's to have been a rock bar, but alas that's closed too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

AdMMM wrote: »
    Would have considered Murphy's to have been a rock bar, but alas that's closed too.

Yeah, I liked it there but like everything decent ,it too is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

masons closed again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Harveys openning for Christmas

Harveys openning for Christmas

By who?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

By who?

Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

sad to see people happy about a place closing down (masons) when people lose their jobs just before Christmas, Also lets the others 'late bars' clubs whatever you want to call them, do what they want really with one less club in the place, The Reg already increasing their charge... treating the customer brilliant as always.

sad to see people happy about a place closing down (masons) when people lose their jobs just before Christmas, Also lets the others 'late bars' clubs whatever you want to call them, do what they want really with one less club in the place, The Reg already increasing their charge... treating the customer brilliant as always.

More clubs that close down the better, less drunks falling around town at stupid hours in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

More clubs that close down the better, less drunks falling around town at stupid hours in the morning.

Oh ye because with less clubs around people just don't go out anymore :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Oh ye because with less clubs around people just don't go out anymore :o

Thats true they dont and its the last thing the night life in this city needs. What it doesnt mean is that people will drink less! Cause they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Two Waterford City pubs feature in this 21 pubs in Ireland you must see before you die , Downes and Geoffs http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/must-visit-pubs-ireland-1194401-Nov2013/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I much preferred Geoffs before they started to play music too loud. Revolution has copped on and turned it down a good bit but what's the point in going into a pub if you can't have a conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Depends on the bar you are going to, If its a disco bar the music is going to be loud as people want to enjoy themselves and have a dance. But I do agree with you in a way ,nothing worse than going into an empty bar and music blasting.

Two Waterford City pubs feature in this 21 pubs in Ireland you must see before you die , Downes and Geoffs http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/must-visit-pubs-ireland-1194401-Nov2013/

Downes is a City treasure :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Depends on the bar you are going to, If its a disco bar the music is going to be loud as people want to enjoy themselves and have a dance. But I do agree with you in a way ,nothing worse than going into an empty bar and music blasting.

Fair enough if its a disco bar but you wouldn't go to a disco bar with the main aim of having a conversation, neither Geoffs nor Revolution claimed to be disco bars - not in the main downstairs bar anyway :)

= higher prices, other clubs taking advantage as the reg did Saturday.

= higher prices, other clubs taking advantage as the reg did Saturday.

I just find it ironic that our dail has voted a majority against legalising cannabis yet people are crying out about "jobs" when a nightclub closes down, yet this nightclubs provide a drug much more evil than cannabis is all. Waterford's Nightlife has been horrible for a long time its not so much a party atmosphere rather than a huge drunk mess on student and Saturday nights.

I seriously think forward thinking would help Waterford nightlife obviously legalising cannabis wont happen with the dinosaurs in power but staggered opening hours would be a brilliant way forward for a better nightlife with less drunks falling out at the one time.

I just find it ironic that our dail has voted a majority against legalising cannabis yet people are crying out about "jobs" when a nightclub closes down, yet this nightclubs provide a drug much more evil than cannabis is all.

i'll cry about every job lost in waterford,i agree it's a terrible place to go out. people go to the same club every weekend too and sneak their drink into the club so they don't have to pay for it, following the crowd is what waterford people do best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So what your saying in such a cleverly disguised manner is that you have it on good authority that The Reg is already failing and could be closing its doors sooner then you think..........right.

Ok, heres the issue with that, how exactly do you have it on "good authority" who has told you? who told them? how in the name of god have they believed it?

The Reg has its issues, I wouldn't be a fan of a few things they have done or are doing, but to speculate that they are already getting close to shutting up, what, less then a month after opening is ridiculous! They are busy, they will stay busy till after Christmas at least. Then we will see what will happen long term, ignoring the coffin month that is January of course.

The town is bad enough without unfounded gossip tbh

I have heard over the last couple of weeks that the receivers went in to a very well known pub in the town, then I heard they hadn't, but it has been put up for sale, I haven't checked if that's true or not yet though I am confident it is (Im not referring to Becketts either which we all know about at this stage) I still wouldn't name this pub or make it so obvious, when its clearly a far fetched story to begin with actually!

kryogen wrote: »
    So what your saying in such a cleverly disguised manner is that you have it on good authority that The Reg is already failing and could be closing its doors sooner then you think..........right.

Ok, heres the issue with that, how exactly do you have it on "good authority" who has told you? who told them? how in the name of god have they believed it?

The Reg has its issues, I wouldn't be a fan of a few things they have done or are doing, but to speculate that they are already getting close to shutting up, what, less then a month after opening is ridiculous! They are busy, they will stay busy till after Christmas at least. Then we will see what will happen long term, ignoring the coffin month that is January of course.

The town is bad enough without unfounded gossip tbh

I have heard over the last couple of weeks that the receivers went in to a very well known pub in the town, then I heard they hadn't, but it has been put up for sale, I haven't checked if that's true or not yet though I am confident it is (Im not referring to Becketts either which we all know about at this stage) I still wouldn't name this pub or make it so obvious, when its clearly a far fetched story to begin with actually!

ffs Bryan, stop trying to be a hero will ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ffs Bryan, stop trying to be a hero will ya.

Tell you what, that's a great response.

You win

Other examples of heroism not needed of course, nor is an explanation from yourself as to why you believe the place is in trouble.

Advertisement