Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

misread my bad The Reg

I was in there friday night it was mobbed with a nice crowd no scobbers, had two people not from Waterford with me, were killed saying what a great spot it was, and will be back.
    Loved the fact as a middle aged man that I did not have to deal with hordes of kids out of their trees.
    Could have done without the very glamorous lady coming up to the four of us men at the bar and saying,"I thought ye were dead" who says we in unison " The F**ing Bee Gees " walks away in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

It's definitely a great addition to the city and I really hope it does survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I was there a couple of weeks back.

Seems to be a good spot, a very nice crowd.

My only gripe was the music being poor, but who cares about that?

Hope it survives!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

T&H's is for sale as per wlr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

madfcuker wrote: »
    T&H's is for sale as per wlr.

That's the pub I alluded to in my post.

Wouldn't mind buying the place myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was in the basement bar in Revolution on Wednesday night, have to say it was very enjoyable, nice to see somewhere try something a bit new rather than the same type of music in every other club in town. Also went into Shortts for a while, thought it was good and something a little different as well, is there always DJs in the smoking area in there or was it just for the night that was in it?

What did everyone think of Witmas day this year? I personally thought it was a bit quieter than the previous years, was there much trouble around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Was in the basement bar in Revolution on Wednesday night, have to say it was very enjoyable, nice to see somewhere try something a bit new rather than the same type of music in every other club in town. Also went into Shortts for a while, thought it was good and something a little different as well, is there always DJs in the smoking area in there or was it just for the night that was in it?

There's DJs in the smoking area every Friday and Saturday night and for bank holidays I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Nice to see a Techno scene starting up again in Waterford. Been awhile. Big night coming up in Shortts on the 20th.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1397025560541176/

Not connected with the event, just a passionate Techno head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Well I and 5 friends chanced the Reg on Saturday night and it was a nightmare.

Totally over full, so packed you literally couldn't move about or even lift your drinking arm without it being knocked all over.

Sound system turned up to the distorted last, as usual the system's not up to it. And charged 5 euro to get into the 'nightclub', which is exactly the same as the bar.

If there had been an emergency in there, I'm sure people would have been trampled to death.

Door staff rude.

I was really hoping for better, such a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

Totally over full, so packed you literally couldn't move about or even lift your drinking arm without it being knocked all over.

Sound system turned up to the distorted last, as usual the system's not up to it. And charged 5 euro to get into the 'nightclub', which is exactly the same as the bar.

If there had been an emergency in there, I'm sure people would have been trampled to death.

Door staff rude.

agree, this place will be lucky to see paddies day the way its going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Gardner wrote: »
    agree, this place will be lucky to see paddies day the way its going

Based on it doing too much business? tell me more of this new idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Door staff rude.

I don't think you will have that problem come January, you will see this on the dance floor tumbleweed.jpg

Agreed about the over crowding Sinnotts was the same Saturday night. This has being reported so I'm sure both venues will be spot checked over the xmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Based on it doing too much business? tell me more of this new idea?

More based on the crowd they are looking for not appreciating getting crammed in like sardines and having no comfort

Was in Saturday night and there is a sense of it still finding its feet. Service is slow. One thing that struck me was the staff looking at the cash registers like the display was in Chinese.They seemed to be struggling with them and this didn't help speed up service.

Staff could be friendlier also. Saw one customer get snapped at when asking a question about a drinks order. They rest looked like they were fed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

FFS it's only open what, a month? Of course they're still finding their feet. How long is Geoffs open and they have possibly the worst service in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Adyx wrote: »
    FFS it's only open what, a month? Of course they're still finding their feet. How long is Geoffs open and they have possibly the worst service in the town.

That's the point I was making !! They are finding their feet and this is what's leading to slow service.

Friendly staff and cramming customers in the other hand should in no way be connected to how long they are open. I really hope the place thrives. Town needs more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JaneDoe111

I just find it ironic that our dail has voted a majority against legalising cannabis yet people are crying out about "jobs" when a nightclub closes down, yet this nightclubs provide a drug much more evil than cannabis is all. Waterford's Nightlife has been horrible for a long time its not so much a party atmosphere rather than a huge drunk mess on student and Saturday nights.

I seriously think forward thinking would help Waterford nightlife obviously legalising cannabis wont happen with the dinosaurs in power but staggered opening hours would be a brilliant way forward for a better nightlife with less drunks falling out at the one time.

Agreed...licensing laws are archaic. there should be no opening/closing times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Door staff rude.

Bausch & Lomb had there superdraw night in the nightclub so thats the reason it was so packed an extra 200+ people id guess

Quite a few Reg staff members on this thread it would seem.

They have made a good few mistakes but hopefully they'll be able to rectify them because it's a beautiful addition to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Quite a few Reg staff members on this thread it would seem.

They have made a good few mistakes but hopefully they'll be able to rectify them because it's a beautiful addition to the city.

Like yourself.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Bausch & Lomb had there superdraw night in the nightclub so thats the reason it was so packed an extra 200+ people id guess

Then they should have set aside an area, or not let so many people in that it became not only uncomfortable, but dangerous.

• Advertisement

Like yourself.....;)

Oh yeah. I'm one of the managers sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Oh yeah. I'm one of the managers sure.

Can I have a job? :D

Too right ya can. We're mad for staff down here. No experience necessary! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Any bands on tonight that would be recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

CuriousG wrote: »
    Any bands on tonight that would be recommended?

Propeller palms on in revolution tonight.
    Francis white is supporting, should be a good nights music;)

The Forum will cease to exist as a live venue from March. Will be a full time bingo hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The Forum will cease to exist as a live venue from March. Will be a full time bingo hall.
    Oh no! Loved that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The Forum hasn't been as good in the last two years, but it was still the go-to place for Spraoi Sunday, Hallowe'en, Stephen's Day and New Year's. Gonna miss those nights. Not looking forward to finding other venues that will live up to it on those occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 JaneDoe111

Out on Saturday night...colleagues tried to get into the Reg at 11 ish....€5 to get in. Why oh why? Does days are gone. I want to support new pubs but this is takin the pi**.

Advertisement