Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

old gregg wrote: »
    I went to Metal Fest in the Forum last night. A really classy and well run event by a great gang of young people working hard to bring live Metal back to Waterford. Hats off to all involved.

I was there earlier in the day and saw a few of the bands. It was great. I really hope there's going be more events like this in Waterford. It's a huge shame that The Forum won't be hosting any more gigs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/3839-John-St-Waterford-City-Co-Waterford/126197/

And with regards to the Reg...I never said it was for sale...just that if you had a couple of million, you could buy it now. I don't think that venue will be appearing on property websites anytime soon.

As with online dating sites,"Looks nothing like the pictures that were taken years ago".

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Sands-Hotel-Tramore-Tramore-Co-Waterford/125370/

Jeasus....are they mad!!! Cant see anyone brave enough to spend that kinda rent in Tramore :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

T and H Doolan's has closed its doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

KevIRL wrote: »
    T and H Doolan's has closed its doors

Going for auction soon isnt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

front lounge closing down too??

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

https://www.facebook.com/thefrontlounge?fref=ts

Not according to their facebook page!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

comeraghs wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/thefrontlounge?fref=ts

Not according to their facebook page!

Its up for sale or auction or let... in this weeks paper

Buyer already in place or so the story goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

I see where Flash's once was on high street is being gutted at the moment. Is there another pub going in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

thomasm wrote: »
    I see where Flash's once was on high street is being gutted at the moment. Is there another pub going in there.

The City Arms is returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

The City Arms is returning.

Joke?

O Riain wrote: »
    Joke?

No. I'm a lot funnier than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

Do not want to be spreading rumours, but I heard today that Mcloughins on O Connell st has closed.
    Any one else hear that,if true I think it's sad that another established pub is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

There was a Mcloughins on O Connell st?

It's been up for sale for quite a long time. A bargain of a pub for anyone looking to retire and own...a pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

It's been up for sale for quite a long time. A bargain of a pub for anyone looking to retire and own...a pub...

Very small though, 30 or 40 people would fill it.

Yeah but you could live upstairs. A house and a pub. Grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

neilk32 wrote: »

Loving the signs of a great new live music scene in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Joke?

nope its true. same family who had the city arms where River Island is now

dzilla wrote: »
    nope its true. same family who had the city arms where River Island is now

That's good to know. If T & H's reopens this would actually bring the number of city centre pubs up to an acceptable level.

People also complain about the number of pubs in the city centre which I think is a bit unfounded. Granted many of the pubs wouldn't be to my taste but people harp on like there isn't any.

Within 2/3 minute walk of city centre:

Gingerman
    T & H's (if it reopens)
    City Arms (if it opens)
    Granville Bar

Within 3/4 minutes
    Meaghers
    McLoughlins
    The Tap Room
    The Hub
    Kazbar
    Geoffs
    The Exchange
    Revolution

4/5 Minutes
    Jordan's
    Dooley's
    Murphys
    The Reg
    The Munster
    Woodman
    Nickys

I could go on. People tend to moan about the absence of pubs when there clearly are loads of pubs...?

That's good to know. If T & H's reopens this would actually bring the number of city centre pubs up to an acceptable level.

People also complain about the number of pubs in the city centre which I think is a bit unfounded. Granted many of the pubs wouldn't be to my taste but people harp on like there isn't any.

Within 2/3 minute walk of city centre:

Gingerman
    T & H's (if it reopens)
    City Arms (if it opens)
    Granville Bar

Within 3/4 minutes
    Meaghers
    McLoughlins
    The Tap Room
    The Hub
    Kazbar
    Geoffs
    The Exchange
    Revolution

4/5 Minutes
    Jordan's
    Dooley's
    Murphys
    The Reg
    The Munster
    Woodman
    Nickys

I could go on. People tend to moan about the absence of pubs when there clearly are loads of pubs...?

Yeah I agree with you. I think that people would like a few pubs and restaurants in red square with some nice outdoor seating. It would be nicer than penneys and a few gadget shops. Couple that with the take aways and coffee shops there it would be vibrant enough and would eased the city centers retail lul.

Anyway, am I right in saying that in the late 90s the plans where to turn o connell street up to john roberts square into a bar street with restaurants and bars etc.... i remember the shelbourne bar group acquiring property, and the bank bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Apparently a sit in up in The Park Inn over its closure if anyone can shed some light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Apparently a sit in up in The Park Inn over its closure if anyone can shed some light on this?

Just heard this on wlrfm news

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Saw the place is on the market for 650k, which is ridiculous money in my own opinion for the place and Paddy Brownes across the road on the market for 330k

Offer went in for it last week and was turned down apparently, looking for a bit much for it.

The lads are having a sit in to try to get a statutory payment

Yeah I agree with you. I think that people would like a few pubs and restaurants in red square with some nice outdoor seating. It would be nicer than penneys and a few gadget shops. Couple that with the take aways and coffee shops there it would be vibrant enough and would eased the city centers retail lul.

Anyway, am I right in saying that in the late 90s the plans where to turn o connell street up to john roberts square into a bar street with restaurants and bars etc.... i remember the shelbourne bar group acquiring property, and the bank bar?

Too late for that now. We have to use what we have and pedestrianise john street. Loads of pubs and restaurants and a road only really used by taxis. I know exiting and entering new street car park would be an issue but they could keep the make shift taxi roundabout at the apple market. Would create a very nice buzz there with outdoor seating. Shop street anyone?

Too late for that now. We have to use what we have and pedestrianise john street. Loads of pubs and restaurants and a road only really used by taxis. I know exiting and entering new street car park would be an issue but they could keep the make shift taxi roundabout at the apple market. Would create a very nice buzz there with outdoor seating. Shop street anyone?

is this in the pipeline?

• Advertisement

is this in the pipeline?

No but would be nice. Cannot believe it was never considered..

Edit: Surely this could even be part funded by the businesses on John Street?

Advertisement