Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Revolution seem to be trying something different every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

In fairness they have Rob O' Connor as the DJ and he was in The Forum for years. Never had a bad night when he was on. From talking to friends, some of the old Traffik Forum crowd are testing it out as night.

The traffic night will work because it's being run by Denise from the forum I think. She was always spot on with the nights up there...it's just a case of whether people will accept it being in revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The traffic night will work because it's being run by Denise from the forum I think. She was always spot on with the nights up there...it's just a case of whether people will accept it being in revolution.

Gonna be a bit of a struggle. The appeal of Traffik was at the end of the night, everyone would be pissed and gather on the floor/in front of the stage and go mental to "Tribute" by Tenacious D or Dueling Banjos or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

dzilla wrote: »

new venue going into harveys

Hopefully it actually opens this time. It was supposed to re-open at the end of Jan.

They've been on about moving the bar since last Dec too. I really liked the Bar layout in there. Hopefully it isn't changed too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Gonna be a bit of a struggle. The appeal of Traffik was at the end of the night, everyone would be pissed and gather on the floor/in front of the stage and go mental to "Tribute" by Tenacious D or Dueling Banjos or whatever.

Killing in the name of was another end of the night classic!

I think it could have started off as a monthly event maybe, interesting to see how it goes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Have to say Crash was great last night. Music was fantastic and good crowd. Well done all involved. Definitely going again :pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

eden nightclub is opening tonight wonder how will that go for them at least it be somthing different to go out in the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The way that Revolution has realigned itself over the past year or so lends itself very well to an alternative crowd... or at least a crowd that's looking for something a bit different. It's clear that Flash has drawn a lot of inspiration from the likes of Cassidy's, The Porterhouse and Headline Bar in Dublin. He was all over craft beer before it was even called craft beer and I think it's only a matter of time before the bar explodes in popularity just like the aforementioned bars in Dublin have in recent years.

So long as they don't start serving drinks out of jam jars that is! Worst trend ever.

• Advertisement

Opening night in Eden tonight, wonder how it will go on a Monday?

kryogen wrote: »
    Opening night in Eden tonight, wonder how it will go on a Monday?
    By all accounts I hear there's quite the transformation there. Smoking area is all astro turf, grand for a bit of 5-a-side after hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

AdMMM wrote: »
    By all accounts I hear there's quite the transformation there. Smoking area is all astro turf, grand for a bit of 5-a-side after hours?

Astro Turf in a smoking area sounds extremely odd dosint it ?. Like the poor people who will have to clean that after a night out.

Also what would astro turf be like if a lighted fag hit it ?. Would it not be a fire hazard or at lest melt ?

Well I suppose they were going for the Garden of Eden theme, so it makes sense it that regard?

It does sound like a nightmare to clean though!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

It's pay pay in now, it seems.

Somebody would want to tell them it isn't 2005 anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

I'd love to see the place do well but unfortunately I don't see it happening. The place only started filling up at half 12 last night and every person was a student. They will just drink at home until after midnight then head out and buy one maybe two drinks. Place will be dead when they go home for mid-terms summer etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Kizzles wrote: »
    I'd love to see the place do well but unfortunately I don't see it happening. The place only started filling up at half 12 last night and every person was a student. They will just drink at home until after midnight then head out and buy one maybe two drinks. Place will be dead when they go home for mid-terms summer etc..

Foundry and Crystal are both full of students who arrive in around half 12 almost every Monday night also. The possible success of the place amongst locals cannot be judged on a Monday night.

Yeah I suppose. Hope it does well, always nice to see a new business opening in town

The last time a place reopened in waterford it was masons and any time i was ever in thereon a student night it was basically dead.

The thing is it could be the place ever to go out in but at the end of the day all the 18 year olds will still head to the foundry.

But having said that will be going to Eden tomorrow night to give it a go and see what its like

The last time a place reopened in waterford it was masons

The Reg reopened last year and they are very busy every weekend. Never really see students in there though

• Advertisement

Kizzles wrote: »
    The Reg reopened last year and they are very busy every weekend. Never really see students in there though

Total different market the reg is after the 25+ group its considered a older persons bar as well they do not market them selfs to students at all. As as well i think its over 23s and might have changed back to over 21s and there gos nearly all students in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The last time a place reopened in waterford it was masons and any time i was ever in thereon a student night it was basically dead.

The thing is it could be the place ever to go out in but at the end of the day all the 18 year olds will still head to the foundry.

But having said that will be going to Eden tomorrow night to give it a go and see what its like

this time last year you couldn't breathe in masons, never saw it dead myself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Went to Eden (Harveys) on Wednesday night about 1am and the place was surprisingly very quiet!

I thought masons was bought? Why is that not open

I thought masons was bought? Why is that not open

Because you touch yourself at night!

Opening soon enough I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

any recommendations for pubs/clubs on Sunday nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Shortts Terrace of a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I see the Park Inn/Bad Bob's has been given a new coat of paint, and a new name! It's now The Craftsman/Scholars. Anyone know if it's opening up again soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I see the Park Inn/Bad Bob's has been given a new coat of paint, and a new name! It's now The Craftsman/Scholars. Anyone know if it's opening up again soon?

Was opened Tuesday night. Great to see the place open again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭deadybai

Any more reviews about Eden? I hope it does well as Harveys was a class bar yet people go to that cattle market called the Foundary.

Advertisement