Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Project are in trouble from what I’ve heard, RePublik gone and it seems Evan Marshall is their only remaining DJ, no idea how well they do - think Shortts do well enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think the new yellowbelly brewery are opening a pub in the old dignity in Johnstown

Opening next weekend, in time for Harvest festival and return of students in a few weeks. Good to see that prominent building re-opening.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Opening next weekend, in time for Harvest festival and return of students in a few weeks. Good to see that prominent building re-opening.

Can you give us a name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Project are in trouble from what I’ve heard, RePublik gone and it seems Evan Marshall is their only remaining DJ, no idea how well they do - think Shortts do well enough though

They are moving to factory,Ben Klock down there on the October bank holiday weekend the place will be rocking!

Can you give us a name?

I think its a brewery type place, looks fairly rustic/basic set up they are going for, micro brewery or whatever you would call it. Looks like its nearly ready to open.

• Advertisement

They are moving to factory,Ben Klock down there on the October bank holiday weekend the place will be rocking!

Yeah was delighted when they announced they found a new venue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Can you give us a name?

Gradys Yard
    http://gradysyard.com

c - 13 wrote: »

Wasn't that pub called o'gradys yard previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think the area was called o gradys yard before the development and had houses there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭914

Yep the pub was called that at one stage think when it first opened before dignity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

It’s yellow belly bar. And I think it’s a grill.

They really ruined the thirsty scholar months ago. It was packed every night of the week. 3.50 drinks, maybe not always the crowd you want but rather that then no one. It was closed for the last few months and now I see it open one or two nights a week. Back to full price drink though, no thanks!

It’s yellow belly bar. And I think it’s a grill.

They really ruined the thirsty scholar months ago. It was packed every night of the week. 3.50 drinks, maybe not always the crowd you want but rather that then no one. It was closed for the last few months and now I see it open one or two nights a week. Back to full price drink though, no thanks!

The thirsty scholar is reopening as the beerkeeper pub according to the munster express

Anyone know how first night at Factory went?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JimWinters

Anyone know how first night at Factory went?

Heard great reports from Friday, venue looks great, sound & light is top class. Full house last night, looks like doors closed shortly after midnight.

Great to see a bit of life around there again, I drove through about 3am and the crossroads was packed...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The organisers and lads running it are very happy with how the opening weekend went anyway, they open again tonight with a band so maybe a different vibe i guess, was in for a look both nights, the lights are incredible. Very well done.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

The organisers and lads running it are very happy with how the opening weekend went anyway, they open again tonight with a band so maybe a different vibe i guess, was in for a look both nights, the lights are incredible. Very well done.

Any idea who was playing Friday? Was it underground or commercial vibe?

It was invite only night more of a soft opening

I was there Friday night. Unreal, the place looks fantastic! It is a different standard than the others around.

Dj ‘mini’ was on the main floor playing all chart music, warren and Kenno in the ‘workshop’ playing underground music/techno, which is also the smoking area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

Heading down with herself the last weekend of the month. Any good spots for live bands ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

piplip87 wrote: »
    Heading down with herself the last weekend of the month. Any good spots for live bands ?

Tullys, shortts, kazbar, the reg, fat Angel does bands as well I think, central arts, the hub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

c - 13 wrote: »

Just got an email saying this place is opening tomorrow at 5 for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Mini was playing and Warren n keno in different areas, Friday was different to Saturday. The music was very much geared to charts in the club, more varied in the smoking area.

It was more commercial on purpose I'd imagine given the crowd but I'd say it will be fairly standard stuff in the club and more varied in the smoking area in general

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Mini was playing and Warren n keno in different areas, Friday was different to Saturday. The music was very much geared to charts in the club, more varied in the smoking area.

It was more commercial on purpose I'd imagine given the crowd but I'd say it will be fairly standard stuff in the club and more varied in the smoking area in general

Assuming this GrahamG is chart then? I know the smoking area is geared toward underground - RePublik are putting on a whole heap of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Tullys, shortts, kazbar, the reg, fat Angel does bands as well I think, central arts, the hub.

Shotts is ****ing cat these days. I'd stay away from the place

Anyone try gradys yard yet ??

Might head there for 1 later

Shotts is ****ing cat these days. I'd stay away from the place

Do they still do well? What about Project?

Gradys yard is a pretty nice spot

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

Any photos?

Visited Grady’s yard last night. Great selection. Friendly staff and a cool little outdoor bench seating area beside the place. Can’t wait to return.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Gradys Yard is great, super job they've done with the place. And then the thirsty scholar seems to have reopened as The Beer Keeper with a massive Brewdog tap selection, but haven't had a chance to pop in yet, will soon for sure.

Advertisement