Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Gillman1998

O'Grady advertised a 12:30 start for today, I turned up at 12:45, not wanting to appear to eager, and the place was closed. Fairly embarrassing trying the shut door of a pub at that hour of the day. Checked their twitter feed and they said 3pm so I went to Revolution instead and had a couple of decent pints.

Some other time maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Factory seem to have struck gold: from reading their FB it seems to be mostly chart in the main room and alternative/underground in the workshop

Masons re-opening tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Whats the story with Masons it seems to be opening and closing more times than a hookers legs!,is it the same people/person opening it or someone different each time?

Whats the story with Masons it seems to be opening and closing more times than a hookers legs!,is it the same people/person opening it or someone different each time?

Factory crew maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Factory crew maybe?

Yep

Adyx wrote: »
    Yep

Have they had it long?

Have they had it long?

I don't know to be honest. Don't have any details, just what I heard in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

hedge fund under Sean Johnston owns it. same hedge fund owns about 70% of that area now along with O'Grady's yard and a vast majority of the Millar's Marsh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It's open for fresher's week, then will be closed again with a view to opening again possibly in the near future.

It's to try to stop the students going up the street to Kazbar, shortts etc. Closes at 11.30pm to try funnel the crowd across the road

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Well going by the state of Manor Street this morning, last night went well for them.

Who owns Shortts/Project/Heerys?

Adyx wrote: »
    Well going by the state of Manor Street this morning, last night went well for them.

Judging by the screaming and the rubbish everywhere on my street (Manor Street) it was busy last night. I have been on Manor Street for nearly a decade and its the busiest Sunday I can remember (the loudest at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Who owns Shortts/Project/Heerys?

All the one man, Michael shortt.

It’s very nice to see factory taking a bit of business back. Good idea about masons trying to keep them down that end too.

Evan Marshall is gone from project now as the resident dj as is the Republik crowd. Wonder how project will end up.

Judging by the screaming and the rubbish everywhere on my street (Manor Street) it was busy last night. I have been on Manor Street for nearly a decade and its the busiest Sunday I can remember (the loudest at least).

I even saw a couple of condoms amongst the broken glass and takeaway rubbish. I was very surprised the street hadn't been cleaned by 9am, very poor considering the amount of tourists around still.

All the one man, Michael shortt.

It’s very nice to see factory taking a bit of business back. Good idea about masons trying to keep them down that end too.

Evan Marshall is gone from project now as the resident dj as is the Republik crowd. Wonder how project will end up.

Has Marshall gone? Last I heard he was happy enough to stay and hadn't left at that point at the very least.

Some craic with one of the young DJ's who did leave alright!

Republik are gone a while, falling out with Mick

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Yeah he put a big post a couple of days ago saying this month or next month is the very last time he will be playing in project. Cause he wants to focus on himself apparently.

Ha yeah they’re not shy about posting drama online anyway. Be good to see somewhere else getting all the business for once

RePublik had a falling out with Mick and moved to Factory
    Any link to the post about Marshall’s departure?

Probably only a matter of time for Evan really, chaps he lives with are involved with Factory and the WITSU.

They all tend to stick together and look after each other.

Probably only a matter of time for Evan really, chaps he lives with are involved with Factory and the WITSU.

They all tend to stick together and look after each other.

Wonder if it’s a matter of time for Project itself?

• Advertisement

Any link to the post about Marshall’s departure?

Here’s a screenshot

‘Even the toilet cleaners’

Here’s a screenshot

I’m actually totally blind in both eyes so can’t see the images, but no matter :)
    Anyone know who’s playing Factory main room tonight and what style of music? Probably gonna go for workshop anyway, but just curious?

Had a great night last night at Cian Finn in Central Arts, unfortunately didn’t make it down to RePublik/Get Down Edits, but between the two gigs it’s good that you can still have an alternative night out in a small city like ours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Who runs Republik, is it a family run thing?

Who runs Republik, is it a family run thing?

It’s run by Warren Sauvage and Michael Kennedy, 2 house/techno DJ’s

Waves (Minnie’s) in Dungarvan is closing very sooon apparently, it’s been bought by Pat O’Brien who owns Club Creation
    Edit: old news! Appears to be already shut

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Republik are gone a while, falling out with Mick

Thats not true, no issue at all with RePublik lads and Mick or anyone in Shorrts etc.

Hard to keep going in same venue doing the same thing for 7 years i guess everyone needed a change inc venue

Maybe the fall out your mixing up was between Shorrts student DJ Darragh who wanted to leave and was brought to court by Shorrts as far as I know from facebook

savic04 wrote: »
    Thats not true, no issue at all with RePublik lads and Mick or anyone in Shorrts etc.

Hard to keep going in same venue doing the same thing for 7 years i guess everyone needed a change inc venue

Maybe the fall out your mixing up was between Shorrts student DJ Darragh who wanted to leave and was brought to court by Shorrts as far as I know from facebook

Don’t think so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I see Electric Avenue is returning in some form at the end of October

Prob just project under the Electric Avenue name

Advertisement