Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

savic04 wrote: »
    Thats not true, no issue at all with RePublik lads and Mick or anyone in Shorrts etc.

Hard to keep going in same venue doing the same thing for 7 years i guess everyone needed a change inc venue

Maybe the fall out your mixing up was between Shorrts student DJ Darragh who wanted to leave and was brought to court by Shorrts as far as I know from facebook

No, not mixing that up.

I could of course be misinformed, but knowing Mick as I do the falling out came as no surprise when I was told about it and the reason for it.

Not so much a falling out I guess, just Mick being Mick :) He does enjoy having exclusivity and can throw the toys out of the pram.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I see Electric Avenue is returning in some form at the end of October

Prob just project under the Electric Avenue name

Well, as its still Mick I would hope it gets back to as much of EA as it possibly can! Used to really love that place.

They don't have a real purpose for Project now with Factory kinda taking over as the student club. Good time to bring back a classic

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Well, as its still Mick I would hope it gets back to as much of EA as it possibly can! Used to really love that place.

They don't have a real purpose for Project now with Factory kinda taking over as the student club. Good time to bring back a classic

So it is Project that’ll be used then?
    Also, I noticed recently that the Konnect Festival afterparty was listed to be taking place at ‘The Basement and Terrace at Revolution’ with an address at 11 John Street
    I thought Revolution didn’t do underground nights anymore, and I believe the address is wrong, was it really on in Project and an error made or was it in Revs anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Also, I noticed recently that the Konnect Festival afterparty was listed to be taking place at ‘The Basement and Terrace at Revolution’ with an address at 11 John Street
    I thought Revolution didn’t do underground nights anymore, and I believe the address is wrong, was it really on in Project and an error made or was it in Revs anyone know?

I was at it, it was on in the Basement

Ah OK, was probably a one-off

• Advertisement

Ah OK, was probably a one-off

Basement is gone now anyway. Being turned into offices afaik, similar to the thing he has in Patrick street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yep project has had its days now. Time to move over. A friend was in there last night and said there was about ten people there. Compared to factory...

Yep project has had its days now. Time to move over. A friend was in there last night and said there was about ten people there. Compared to factory...

Well given they lost a proliphic promoter and their 2 main DJ’s...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well given they lost a proliphic promoter and their 2 main DJ’s...

You can see Smash Hits playing in Factory now as they were always a regular in Project and sold out too

I'd welcome Electric Avenue back as that was my kind of music and hope we get some great tribute bands like the old days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Again good to see someone else getting business for once in the nightclub scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

No, not mixing that up.

I could of course be misinformed, but knowing Mick as I do the falling out came as no surprise when I was told about it and the reason for it.

Not so much a falling out I guess, just Mick being Mick :) He does enjoy having exclusivity and can throw the toys out of the pram.

Haha ..maybe

Also, I noticed recently that the Konnect Festival afterparty was listed to be taking place at ‘The Basement and Terrace at Revolutio

That was a one off, problem with project wanting to keep door adm and they didn't think people would come to town after Tramoe so Konnect crew would have to run it at a loss but Flash gave the Basement which completely sold out then

No EA will be where Shorrts is now .
    Not sure the plan for project , pretty sure it does ok still.. know it's quiet on a few nights recently but so was rest of town

There’s a for sale sign on Project apparently, can’t confirm this though

There’s a for sale sign on Project apparently, can’t confirm this though

Just on project?

Seems a bit strange

Just on project?

Seems a bit strange

Well if EA’s going to be in Shortts?

Well if EA’s going to be in Shortts?

But why would they sell off part of the building is what I mean? What's the need?

I'd imagine from what I hear it will continue as project but will have to revamp it's target audience a bit.

They dont own the place, its only a lease.
    Maybe the sign is for the old bookies next to Project , thats under different owners

Maybe the sign is for the old bookies next to Project , thats under different owners

Probably - my source seemed quite unsure

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great to see Electric Avenue back this weekend and will be a live music venue once again like it was previously

Nice to have somewhere for live music fans

Anything on in EA tonight?

• Advertisement

Doh!

Forgot they didn't own the building :) yeah could be the old bookies maybe, haven't seen the sign myself though so no idea.

What nights do Project and Factory open these days? Is there always alternative music in the “workshop”?

What nights do Project and Factory open these days? Is there always alternative music in the “workshop”?

Students midweek so not sure if it's alternative

Saturday is the only one I know for sure .
    Friday depends on what is inside I suppose

Students midweek so not sure if it's alternative

Saturday is the only one I know for sure .
    Friday depends on what is inside I suppose

Thanks, understandable. I think RePublik do the odd Friday/midweek inside, in which case there’s probably nothing out there, although sometimes they just swap places with whoever’s on commercial duty

So how much ground has Johnson covered now? Factory really giving Project a run for their money apparently

So how much ground has Johnson covered now? Factory really giving Project a run for their money apparently

Factory in general has done really well, even Abba thing friday was packed and the friday before was techno night was busy too

Saturday has been a nice mix of commercial and then alternative , the numbers has surprised me in a way.

people like change but be interesting to see how 2019 goes.

Factory in general has done really well, even Abba thing friday was packed and the friday before was techno night was busy too

Saturday has been a nice mix of commercial and then alternative , the numbers has surprised me in a way.

people like change but be interesting to see how 2019 goes.

1100 at Ben Klock apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

1100 at Ben Klock apparently

1100??? I doubt that building is licensed to hold that many. It isn't that big in there is it?

alta stare wrote: »
    1100??? I doubt that building is licensed to hold that many. It isn't that big in there is it?

Doesn’t mean much tbh, they probably chanced it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Doesn’t mean much tbh, they probably chanced it

Of course it means much. If they get caught doing that they wont ever open again. The fire chief will have them shut down.

Advertisement