Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Kalimbas in Tullys every Thursday night around 9.30.

Fills my soul :heart:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Are they there every Thursday? They are excellent in fairness to them

debok wrote: »

Are they there every Thursday? They are excellent in fairness to them

Yep every single Thursday for the past couple of years! Gonna try make it down this eve, place was jammers last week

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Few pints needed tonight might go somewhere with a bit of life. I imagine there be music in the john street area. Me and bouchers dont see eye to eye down in the reg so that's out sadly ha

What's gradys yard like for food?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Few pints needed tonight might go somewhere with a bit of life. I imagine there be music in the john street area. Me and bouchers dont see eye to eye down in the reg so that's out sadly ha

Bouncers in the Reg are well known to be pricks. Grady’s Yard is solid. Pizza, burgers, loaded fries. They do what they do very well.

• Advertisement

Gradys yard has very good food. Lovely nachos and loaded fries.

Tullys have the Kalimbas at 9.30 which is unreal, on tonight.

Uisce Beatha down beside Treacys Hotel have music every night as far as i am aware, and great music at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Gradys yard has very good food. Lovely nachos and loaded fries.

Tullys have the Kalimbas at 9.30 which is unreal, on tonight.

Uisce Beatha down beside Treacys Hotel have music every night as far as i am aware, and great music at that.

Uisce Beatha is the best kept secret in the town. Lovely pool table ans darts out the back there too

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Went to wit in early 00s and have to say I recognise very few of the pubs and clubs mentioned in the last 10 pages of this thread, must take a trip down some weekend to see if the place is still recognisable

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great food in gradys yard. Burger was amazing and I only had cheese on it (I can only imagine how good it would taste for those that like bacon and sauce)

Yeh hard too enjoy a night in the reg when ur a target by the lads on the door. It's the one place I'd like to make a local as it's out of town and seems decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

g1983d wrote: »
    Went to wit in early 00s and have to say I recognise very few of the pubs and clubs mentioned in the last 10 pages of this thread, must take a trip down some weekend to see if the place is still recognisable

I am a Waterford native and was in WIT 03-06. When any of my old classmates come back for a visit they find the place unrecognisable! Viking Triangle, Apple Market, Waterford Walls etc have all altered the landscape of the City!

• Advertisement

Great food in gradys yard. Burger was amazing and I only had cheese on it (I can only imagine how good it would taste for those that like bacon and sauce)

Yeh hard too enjoy a night in the reg when ur a target by the lads on the door. It's the one place I'd like to make a local as it's out of town and seems decent.

Havent tried the burgers yet say they are unreal! And yeah i love a place that does cheap fresh food. You know a place is good when they do 'proper' nachos with fresh avocado and sour cream instead of the tubbed stuff etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Why was there no gigs under the canopy at the Apple Market this summer? Or was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

There was. I say three anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Heading out in Waterford City tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Are you?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Yes are you?

In Uluru Bar tonight, Andy Mac takes to the decks at 10pm, this is not one to be missed (a reliable source has told me)

See you all at Uluru!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

In Uluru Bar tonight, Andy Mac takes to the decks at 10pm, this is not one to be missed (a reliable source has told me)

See you all at Uluru!

See you there. Wear something toight. Toight like a toiger.

See you there. Wear something toight. Toight like a toiger.

Hi Captain Red Beard, I'm sitting over by the window if you want to come over and say 'hey'.

Anyone not in Uluru tonight is missing a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Was in revolution last week. My pint seemed to disappear. Must be a poltergeist in their or someone with sticky fingers. Safe to say I shouldn't have gone in there in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Thirsty skolar seems to be getting the full eastern Europe revamp , place is gutted and full of "tradesmen"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Thirsty skolar seems to be getting the full eastern Europe revamp , place is gutted and full of "tradesmen"

New bar opening soon! First of its kind in Ireland I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

south wrote: »

New bar opening soon! First of its kind in Ireland I hear.
    Free drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Free drink?

Wouldn't last very long!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

south wrote: »
    Wouldn't last very long!

50 euro to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

50 euro to get in.

That’s what Ireland needs! An all-you-can-drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JARRz

It’s mainly a self service bar. No charge to get in but for all draught (beer, wine, cocktails and Prosecco) you need a card. Cards are bought from the bar with no minimum spend. Regular long drinks, shorts, etc. Are available at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

JARRz wrote: »
    It’s mainly a self service bar. No charge to get in but for all draught (beer, wine, cocktails and Prosecco) you need a card. Cards are bought from the bar with no minimum spend. Regular long drinks, shorts, etc. Are available at the bar.

And what is the point of that??? Is it to save on bar staff?? Seems a bit of a silly concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JARRz

alta stare wrote: »
    And what is the point of that??? Is it to save on bar staff?? Seems a bit of a silly concept.
    Not at all. It’s about choice and convenience. Pour what you want, pay for what you pour and no queueing.
    Main emphasis will be on sport. HD projector and 65’ screens with full Sky Sports, Premier Sports, etc. packages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

JARRz wrote: »
    Not at all. It’s about choice and convenience. Pour what you want, pay for what you pour and no queueing.
    Main emphasis will be on sport. HD projector and 65’ screens with full Sky Sports, Premier Sports, etc. packages.

Didn't diagio try that about 5 yrs ago remember a self service unit in the kazbah ,beer was pure flat out of it though....

Advertisement