Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

JARRz wrote: »
    Not at all. It’s about choice and convenience. Pour what you want, pay for what you pour and no queueing.
    Main emphasis will be on sport. HD projector and 65’ screens with full Sky Sports, Premier Sports, etc. packages.

Why would there no be queues? Are suggesting If the place is busy there would be nobody waiting for service because it is self service?

The big screens and the likes is nothing to entice people in. Loads of pubs have them. Nothing new there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Is it still owned by Johnson?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So you go in go up to the bar and pay say €20 which is put on a card and then go over to the area with all the taps and pour it yourself (I imagine there will be a tap card thing on the taps ??). Shots/spirits etc are available at the bar which is served to you

heard there will be all these american style pub games

Not sure will this hit off in a place like Waterford and would get very messy esp on student nights/big game nights.

Nowadays its all about cans and watching the match at home and then go out. I suppose people like being in the pub for big games but its cheaper you watch the game in the comfort of your home and cheaper too

How someone can afford to go out and drink 3/4 times a week i dont know ??

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Is it still owned by Johnson?

Johnson n Johnson😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Seen on Project’s FB that they apparently have ‘new management’. What’s the story there anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lot of work needed doing on that building, hopefully something works out there.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Our nightseen is so grim when u think about it

Midweek not much happening bar the odd time. Choice of Heerys/Market Bar and Revs for a late midweek pint and before that some places are almost deserted

seems the new self service bar is open

anyone in there yet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    seems the new self service bar is open

anyone in there yet ???

Yep, good, something lil Different too. Only briefly in there weekend.loads of drink choice, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kamiooka

Max Powers wrote: »
    Yep, good, something lil Different too. Only briefly in there weekend.loads of drink choice, I like it.

What's it called?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Kamiooka wrote: »
    What's it called?

Jarrz

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Surprised no-one has snapped up Mahers yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Bidding war on at the minute I believe, think the current leading bid is approx 350k.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Snorlaxx

heard the same yea,
    What could you do with the place though? Music, more beers, seating area upstairs like Davy Macs, Men only b.......... ;-)

Really liking Jarrz

Great idea with a decent layout nothing too dull/nothing overly fancy

Great selection of drinks but prices could be lower (€5.50 a pint). Will take time to get used too, could be a right pain trying to pour the perfect pint half cut ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Really liking Jarrz

Great idea with a decent layout nothing too dull/nothing overly fancy

Great selection of drinks but prices could be lower (€5.50 a pint). Will take time to get used too, could be a right pain trying to pour the perfect pint half cut ha
    What's it like inside now? Could you watch a match in there?

debok wrote: »
    What's it like inside now? Could you watch a match in there?

Yeah has a good few TVs and a big screen but doesn't have that pub feel more a cafe type feeling (prob just my opinion on it). Be a nice place to start the night or if ur having a quite few, imo would not be a great place for large groups half way through a pub crawl etc as you have to top up/buy cards etc

Good idea tbh and I'll deff try it again. Hoping this idea doesn't completely kill off old style old man type drinking pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Boooourns

5:50 to pour your own pint?!? Surely it should be lower ffs.

Boooourns wrote: »
    5:50 to pour your own pint?!? Surely it should be lower ffs.

Yeah that's the price sadly

Guinness is €5.30 and some drinks are over the €5.50 mark too

For that price you'd expect someone to pour it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

What's the story with Jarrz? You go in pay for a card with say €20 of credit, then go and get some drinks. So when you're leaving and there's credit left on the card do you go and swap it for cash?

• Advertisement

What's the story with Jarrz? You go in pay for a card with say €20 of credit, then go and get some drinks. So when you're leaving and there's credit left on the card do you go and swap it for cash?

Not sure as I spent every cent on the card the other night ha

It's a bit like a petrol pump the value changes everytime you touch the pump and something goes in your glass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Yeah that's the price sadly

Guinness is €5.30 and some drinks are over the €5.50 mark too

For that price you'd expect someone to pour it for you

That's an absolute scam! Can't get my head around it, surely this won't last.
    I can see people going in for the novelty of it but that will wear off with the price. Bizarre stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is it like the stock exchange in Galway? Where the prices go up and down depending on how popular the drink is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

AdMMM wrote: »
    Is it like the stock exchange in Galway? Where the prices go up and down depending on how popular the drink is?
    Didn't they do that in Masons a few years back? Didn't last long if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

That's because it's illegal.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/52DlSoWN139T9OL6BRgvS9?si=lLg4Ig1zRq6FhBk81-dccg

Decent arguement discussed dis morning about bouchers refusing someone with a physical disability

cant decide do I trust both sides of it. Feel sorry for the girl and it can be embarrassing being refused entry but the manager gave a slightly different account of what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Any heavy techno fans Jamie Behan will be playing in Project next Saturday 21-09-2019.

Tickets are only €5 online this weekend. €10 after.

Kicks off at 10.30 pm.

https:// project. ticketabc.com/events/jamie-behan-bangin-f/

Take out spaces and good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Katty Barry's has closed. I thought it was owned by Gerry and family but it seems it was a lease that they didn't want to renew.

any pubs open for the Rugby world cup games in the city area ???

Japanese time so the games are on pretty early
    Sun 22nd Sep 08.45- Ireland vs Scotland
    Sat 28th Sep 08.15- Ireland vs Japan

the final 2 irish games are on at 11.15am on Thurs 3rd Oct and 11.45 on Sat 12th Oct so they be much easier to find a pub open

Reckon a few hotels could be open to public

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

91wx763 wrote: »
    Katty Barry's has closed. I thought it was owned by Gerry and family but it seems it was a lease that they didn't want to renew.

I thought twas Larry phelan had Katty Barry's?

Advertisement