Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Was in The Front Lounge earlier for a pint.
    Great craic, place was packed, band were brilliant.

Best of all, it had dry roasted peanuts. :)

That's good to hear. Looking forward to checking it out tomorrow night. Are you coming along tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

nkay1985 wrote: »
    That's good to hear. Looking forward to checking it out tomorrow night. Are you coming along tomorrow?
    Naw website to build for monday, and work 8 - 4 Sat and Sunday. Ill be knackered. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just be told that The Front Lounge is the name of a gay bar up in Dublin, so the new place will have streams of inquisitive customers in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

AdMMM wrote: »
    Just be told that The Front Lounge is the name of a gay bar up in Dublin, so the new place will have streams of inquisitive customers in :p

Is that in Ringsend:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Was in The Front Lounge earlier for a pint.
    Great craic, place was packed, band were brilliant.

Best of all, it had dry roasted peanuts. :)

I'd like to be able to buy a pint of peanuts. I think €4 would be a fair price. The bar could keep a big bag of peanuts behind the bar, and put in a few scoops into a pint glass.

If I was out with my friends I'd be more inclined towards a pint of peanuts, than buying those little bags.

Any photos of the interior? I'll prob give it a go next weekend.

• Advertisement

dayshah wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to buy a pint of peanuts. I think €4 would be a fair price. The bar could keep a big bag of peanuts behind the bar, and put in a few scoops into a pint glass.

If I was out with my friends I'd be more inclined towards a pint of peanuts, than buying those little bags.

Any photos of the interior? I'll prob give it a go next weekend.
    €1 bag would come to about 1/4 of a pint anyway! Genius! If I was drunk thought I'd be sure to try and drink the pint of peanuts...
    I'd describe the interior as Geoffs/Muldoons with some candles.

Although when I realised the bike was gone from the wall I was sad. :(

I'd probably try drink the thing!

€1 bag would come to about 1/4 of a pint anyway! Genius! If I was drunk thought I'd be sure to try and drink the pint of peanuts...
    I often get those Sahara nuts in Geoffs. One tub, or packet of peanuts just isn't enough for me. I feel sort of strange asking for 2 or 3 tubs of the Sahara nuts. I'd rather just one pint, and it would satisfy my salty needs for most of the night.

I'd say it would be cheaper for the pub than the individual packets, maybe more messy though. Also you don't get your fingers sticky if you drink the peanuts from the glass :)

My daddy told this is how peanuts were sold in olden days.

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'd probably try drink the thing!

Down it in one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Gardner, there is a very good reason it was deleted last time. You can't come on here and start bad mouthing people (true or not) it leaves us all open for action. Please do not do it again. I have deleted the posts involved, any questions PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

many taxi's running last night or did they all go home ?

• Advertisement

Looks like Ruby's is gonna be two floors. Spotted a big Muldoons-Esque stairs going from Ruby's Lounge up to the club yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

How,s the front lounge going since it opened, didn,t get a chance to go in there yet.
    Anywhere you can see what bands they have playing in there at the weekends?

^ there is a facebook page if ya search for it. I was in there with a few of the boards lads last weekend. It's was a great laugh. I'd say they'll do well with ruby lounge going down the old route of being part of rubys.

Looks like Ruby's is gonna be two floors. Spotted a big Muldoons-Esque stairs going from Ruby's Lounge up to the club yesterday.
    If you weren't prancing around the Forum in your suit, you would have heard us all talk about that on Friday :p

Fine suit though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Earlcatherine

Okay im new to this so i wanna get involved :)
    Im heading toa waterford for college next year.. so is the nightlife good?

Now no, but by next year it'll be to being ok. College nights are always good so I wouldn't worry. Students are like the A-team stuck in a warehouse with a shell of a car, Ducktape and firelighters and they'll turn it into a nightclub :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

So the big sign says 'The Foundry' is opening up in March 11,aka Ruby's.

Is that the name of the other place they own?

On another note, I passed Muldoons on Friday and poked my head in the door and they seem to be doing serious work in there.

ziedth wrote: »
    Is that the name of the other place they own?

On another note, I passed Muldoons on Friday and poked my head in the door and they seem to be doing serious work in there.

Yeah that's the same name as the foundry in Carlow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Strange decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

And will they be in for a serious shock when they open in Waterford, they better start sending a few bus loads down from Carlow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

They've pretty much hired everyone from rubys so they'll let them know what to expect

Yeah that's the same name as the foundry in Carlow.

I hate it already. If they wanted to open a nightclub called the Foundry they should have put it in Bilberry.

Who thinks of these stupid names? Its about as bad as calling John Street, the 'Village'. At least that one went out with Tweedy.

Why not give it a cool name, like "Dayshah's".

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I would be thinking they kept the name because they target students - and there would probably be a lot of students who know the name.

Its also probably being used as a brand name - been in Carlow? Expect the same in Waterford. Hence, the name.

The Ruby's name is sinonimous with the centre of town, changing just seems a bad decision.
    What sounds better,
    "Ruby's has re-opened bigger and better than ever!!"
    or
    "The Foundry is now open!"

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

They've pretty much hired everyone from rubys so they'll let them know what to expect

is that for the building work or the new club?

The Ruby's name is sinonimous with the centre of town, changing just seems a bad decision.
    What sounds better,
    "Ruby's has re-opened bigger and better than ever!!"
    or
    "The Foundry is now open!"

To be fair,Ruby's is a stupid name and The Foundry is too,the name i think should be decided on what kind of club its going to be ,like the sign says something about clubbing,so will they have top DJ's and if they do then something like 'Insomnia' would suit.

To be fair,Ruby's is a stupid name and The Foundry is too,the name i think should be decided on what kind of club its going to be ,like the sign says something about clubbing,so will they have top DJ's and if they do then something like 'Insomnia' would suit.

I agree Ruby's was a stupid name too. I think its ok to name it after what it is known colloquially as. So if it was a foundry in the past, it would make sense to call it the foundry. Insomnia would be a decent name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Its like chain clubs in the UK, they are a brand name, that why they are calling it the Foundry, It will be the same music wise as rubys, masons and escape, commercial crap thats their target market, another club for the kids to go to

Advertisement