Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd have to agree.

Does anyone remember that old kids tv show reboot? Getting serious flashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Looks like something out of Austin Powers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

glass and chrome, I think you'd have to be on acid to truly appreciate the interior

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

apparently they are hoping to open either the 10 of march or the 16th.bit wierd that maybe a little over two weeks before opening there is no proper pictures only all computerized.Obviously not enough done inside to take proper picture so two weeks time could be wishful thinkin.Imho the interior looks terrible but could be better when you see it in person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

looks really bad, but that could be due to bad/cheap computer graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Surely in this day and age a artist computer impression can be better then that?

ziedth wrote: »
    Surely in this day and age a artist computer impression can be better then that?

it can. a lot better.

Done stuff like this in college last year, they could easily do a lot better. The program used must be very old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Is it true €15.00 0n a sat night?? If it is, Its going to be very quiet new club

Is it true €15.00 0n a sat night?? If it is, Its going to be very quiet new club

i wont pay it anyway.

i wouldnt pay anything over E10 , and tbh they'd be lucky to even get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I was only walking past a week ago on my way to Grimes, they were only carrying in some furniture then. The cloakroom at the entrance is still a load of plasterboard.

• Advertisement

Ledger wrote: »
    i wont pay it anyway.

i wouldnt pay anything over E10 , and tbh they'd be lucky to even get that.

Why pay anything in when every other venue is free and much cheaper drink. It will be another creche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It will be great to have a top night club in waterford for the people from other parts of country to experience. But aside from the few 18 years olds with a weekend job or rich parents I can only see outsiders paying to get into this club. People up the country are used to paying to get into a nite club, in waterford that door charge was abolished, and once it goes, it's impossible to get it back.

Also, I see on their facebook page that people are asking for Tiesto and Deadmau5...those people are going to be in for a disappointing surprise. The Foundry is going to be a mainstream club. I've seen the DJs that they have hired, and they are quality DJs, the ones that were around in the good old preachers days...but these guys are not superstar club DJ wannabes that the kids want...they're sensible, professional DJS, like the Foundry like.

For those reasons, I think the club will suffer. And I don't expect to be proven wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

isnt it the owners of the foundry that took it over, foundry in carlow is 12 quid in and then 3 euro for you coat .

they make a killing every weekend up there, hmm they gotta learn they aint in carlow quick!

emo!! wrote: »
    isnt it the owners of the foundry that took it over, foundry in carlow is 12 quid in and then 3 euro for you coat .

they make a killing every weekend up there, hmm they gotta learn they aint in carlow quick!

Yes I was up there last Saturday night, was a complete rob, how they think they are going to get thoese charges in Waterford I dont know:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

€12 on Saturday nights. Drink prices apparently will be the same as Carlow/cheaper than Rubys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

According to my sister (she got a job in there) they are pushing for a 16th March opening.

Yes I was up there last Saturday night, was a complete rob, how they think they are going to get thoese charges in Waterford I dont know:rolleyes:
    is it just me , or do you think its ****?

yet ever carlow person ya talk to thing its amazing... tbh i prefer harveys, and that saying alot

is it just me , or do you think its ****?

yet ever carlow person ya talk to thing its amazing... tbh i prefer harveys, and that saying alot

Really? Anyone i know who went there was raving bout the place!! Whats Carlow like to go out in?

I hate it , went out there nearly every weekend for two years, and never fell in love with the place..

the tower was the only place that I really ever thought was ok, but i doubt rubys is big enough for them to include that part of the place in waterford.

before ye say why go then? it wasnt my choice, more of location of people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I doubt they'll be charging for long.

This should be good for the city. They'll have to give free entry. Then lots of Carlow people will be saying, its like the Foundry, but free. Will we go down to Waterford and stay over in Mr X's house and go out on the tear.

OK, they won't come down every week, but it should increase it a bit.

• Advertisement

@emo I was just wondering thats all, my ex loves Carlow, she thinks its the best place to go!! Just wanted to see what other people thought of the place.
    Cheers for the info :)

dayshah wrote: »
    I doubt they'll be charging for long.

This should be good for the city. They'll have to give free entry. Then lots of Carlow people will be saying, its like the Foundry, but free. Will we go down to Waterford and stay over in Mr X's house and go out on the tear.

OK, they won't come down every week, but it should increase it a bit.

That wont happen dayshah, they will close first before they drop the cover charge. Looks and size wise it will be nothing like Carlow, Waterford will be a lot lot smaller. I cant see it being good for the city, because there is not enough people to fill all these venues. and some where else is going to suffer and end up closing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Masons and Harveys are the only two places left that are still filling NEARLY every weekend. And thats because they got rid of door charge and threw in a lot of drinks promotions and theme nights and price cuts.

Paying ANY money into a venue without an attraction is insanity at this point.

Harveys is £2 in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Harveys is £2 in
    that breaks the bank for me every weekend i swear!!!!

ugh i hate paying it .... but have to follow the sheep yano!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

That wont happen dayshah, they will close first before they drop the cover charge. Looks and size wise it will be nothing like Carlow, Waterford will be a lot lot smaller. I cant see it being good for the city, because there is not enough people to fill all these venues. and some where else is going to suffer and end up closing

Why? They sunk some money into the place, so they'll have to try make the most of it.

Harveys is £2 in

I feel like telling them where to shove their €2.00!! A place where the sun doesnt shine!!

i kno but that where you get the shift...

i am seriously joking..!

• Advertisement

Was never a fan of Harveys, last few times i was in town i went to Masons, it was a change of scene at least.

Advertisement