Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

As long as they're staying the feck away from The Woodman while I'm having my late pints let em charge what they want and sink themselves. Thank god they moved the entrance. Was sick of the front door for The Woodman becoming the Ruby's smoking area.

Is the entrance now going to be through what used to be Ruby Lounge yeah? What has become of the old staircase?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

I'd say they will use the old staircase as a fire exit.Can't see them taking it out altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is the entrance now going to be through what used to be Ruby Lounge yeah? What has become of the old staircase?
    From what I can see old staircase looks like either a fire exit, or an entrance for staff and security.
    The entrance is where the Ruby's Lounge entrance was. From the looks of it its layed out kinda like the Forum Venue entrance. You go in and theres a wall with a window in it on either side. Looks like one is for paying and one is for cloakroom. You get past them, and this is just guessing here from what I can see in the window, you turn and go up a large stairs to get to the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

raven136 wrote: »
    Again i dont understand this.There is a nightclub in Naas called the Court that charges 15 every saturday night.No kids allowed,place is never less than jam packed.
    Most nightclubs i have ever been to have a cover charge.

You ain't in Naas now pilgrim.

This is a Blaa town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

raven136 wrote: »
    Naas has the Court,Time(Capacity 2000),Graces open till 2.30am saturdays,Lawlors hotel.
    Newbridge has Swifts,Judge Roy Beans,
    Kildare town has Tiger Lillys.

All within 15-20 mins of each other,all charge 10 -15.

I agree that they shouldnt charge but hey its the way these days.

But the Kildare area has a massive catchment area with Dublin just up the road, chalk and cheese to Waterford. As someone else said you have 3 mainstream clubs in the city. Masons, Escape and Harvey’s all free in playing the same music, why pay a lot more for drink and a cover charge when every where else is a lot cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

To be honest tonc, the owners of the foundry are not helping themselves even before they open they were asked about drink specials which most other pubs and clubs are doing around the city. Their answer was, we only sell well known branded drinks and wont be doing offers as we care about our customers, they accused any other pubs and clubs running offers as selling cheap branded drinks. Which is bulls***t. They must honestly think people are thick in Waterford, as I said before Harvey’s will look very cheap compared to the Foundry. These guys have it to good in Carlow. And it won’t be the same in Waterford. There is one major problem in Waterford and that’s money people simply don’t have it

Fair point but they're going to be in competition with the existing clubs/late bars in town anyway so may as well stir sh!t, cause a bit of controversy and get people talking about the place. Whether people have the money to spend or not will be seen ...
    Thats the other side of the coin Ziedth the kids will more than likely pay it, but will spend very littel on drink. and if its another creche you can forget about the older crowd plus the older crowd wont pay to get in

How many of the older crowd would be going into a nightclub these days though? I think that the older crowd would be sticking to the late bars and wouldn't be the target audience for a club anyway?

Foundry is opening the 14th of march according to their facebook page.5euro in with liam tutty djin.Is it just me or is 5euro on a monday a bit much.I wouldnt mind if there was a big band or dj for the opening night but if you want to see liam tutty he is in the uluru for free every weekend.I know it will be busy with it being the opening but i cant see them kind of cover charges lasting in this town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Charge in every night. I have a feeling I'll be getting a little bit sick in my mouth soon.

People in this town have complained about door charges for years, in fact they have complained about just about everything...escape,,rungs...masons...

And this crowd are going to come down from Carlow...charge 7 nights a week and, if Facebook is anything to go by, they''ll lap it up.

they will be busy for a month or so but ppl will get sick of paying money in.Dont think liam tutty is the right djs for a club like that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think it will go one of two ways:

1. (and this is what I think will happen) the sheep will go in their hundreds because it's all new and shiny. It'll be packed out with a hipster kinda crowd while slowly but surely I'd imagine in reverse numerical order the ages will realise they are getting robbed and go back to Harveys/Masons.

Or

2. People are more stupid then I give them credit for and still go in their hundreds but never actually realise that they are getting robbed and the place will pack out every week.

• Advertisement

7 nights a week wont last maybe for the first few weeks and the cover charge, two words, a joke, At home in Carlow they are not even open 7 nights, there is only one decent club dj on that list and its Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

From Bookface:
    **IT'S HERE**
    Monday 14th March

The Foundry Waterford - Opens its Doors @ 10.30pm
    Clubbing 7 Nights a Week, Every Week :)
    Line Up
    Mon 14th Mar - D.J Liam Tutty, Beat Fm - Adm: €5
    Tues 15th Mar - D.J Bob Conway, Today Fm - Adm: €5
    Weds 16th Mar - D.J Andy McCloskey, Beat Fm - Adm: €5
    Thurs 17th - D.J Bob Conway, Today Fm - Adm: €5
    Fri 18th - D.J Michael Byrne - Adm: €7
    Sat 19th - D.J Liam Tutty, Beat Fm - Adm: €10
    Sun 20th - D.J Andy McCloskey, Beat Fm - Adm: €5
    C Ya There!!

ye i never thought much of liam tutty in the uluru so cant see how he will be good for a place like the foundry.andy is class though.Im sure he will be moved to the saturdays eventually

I'm going out the 16th so if that drags the scummy element out of downstairs Masons and I can have my €5 vodka and redbull in relative peace then I call that a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I reckon the paint will still be wet on the walls on Monday.

They will reap the benefits of their launch night for a week or two but after that they will simply HAVE to adapt to the Waterford environment i.e a market full of people with very little to spend and have become used to no cover charges at all.

Im sure the foundry will let anybody in for the first while to fill the place so masons will be mostly free from the scumbags that week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I hope they do well and survive in Waterford from a local employment point of view....but I won't be in there while they are charging out of a matter of principal

Looks like you will be never in there so Calvin ha ha :) yeah it should clear masons but then again masons and a few other venues are excellent with the their drink offers all the foundry want to do is rob people. but as I said the kids will pay it but wont spend it on drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Mooley22 wrote: »
    ye i never thought much of liam tutty in the uluru so cant see how he will be good for a place like the foundry.andy is class though.Im sure he will be moved to the saturdays eventually

Andy's first night will be tough as Jenny Greene from 2FM's Electric Disco will be playing The Forum. I know where I'd rather be, regardless of cost.

Looks like you will be never in there so Calvin ha ha :) yeah it should clear masons but then again masons and a few other venues are excellent with the their drink offers all the foundry want to do is rob people. but as I said the kids will pay it but wont spend it on drink.

your right I won't :D good offers around town when I was out Friday night, tasty pints of becks and a few bull rounds and still had change out of 50 and was in a hoop

• Advertisement

Those Bull rounds are the absolute business. Two of them usually does me a whole night by the time I get to Masons.

yup they are the future it must be said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

your right I won't :D good offers around town when I was out Friday night, tasty pints of becks and a few bull rounds and still had change out of 50 and was in a hoop

Whats a bull round :confused:

4 Vodka & 2 Red Bull (makes 4 drinks) for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Will be interesting to see how the new place fairs out in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ziedth wrote: »

Yikes :D i'd be up all night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I prefer their any 3 drinks for a tenner promotion! It's funny how it was Dignity that started this race to the bottom in town...

Looking at the Foundry facebook last night, the kids are jumping out of their prams with the new creche opening Monday:) Dosent look like the cover charge is bodering them. Really goes to show its the older crowd that have the cop on not to pay a cover charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

ziedth wrote: »

or two great drinks,
    or one potentially lethal drink!* :D:D

*Both i and Boards.ie promote responsible drinking.

dont fúcking spill it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

AdMMM wrote: »
    I prefer their any 3 drinks for a tenner promotion! It's funny how it was Dignity that started this race to the bottom in town...

This post wins in so many ways.

Advertisement