Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Interior looks different i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's not bad I'm fairness. I still won't be going there but it is a far cry from Rubys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

So was any boardsies in there tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

STIG83 wrote: »
    Isn't it just open now?! How could there have been anyone else in there?

I assume it was open ended question in that when someone looks on here were they in there tonight.

Is WIT fully open this week? It could do ok if it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

That last pic ,aeems tp be the ds taking away a plant for further investigations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just drove past The Foundry on the way home from work. It looked well all lit up and had a steady stream of people heading in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

STIG83 wrote: »
    I heard off one or two people that its looks nice inside and was busy but music was terrible and no atmosphere so kind of mixed reviews so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

its a far cry from the terrible computer generated pics that were up.

good to see there's a proper smoking room too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Pictures up here http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=52900&id=179255618752032

Looks like it was busy enough.. Full of kids as expected

• Advertisement

God it looks like a buffet for pedobear in there :)

Looks busy enough in a few of the photos. I heard that the music in there was simply awful from a guy I know but he wouldn't be the target market either so it's hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Yeah was in there last night, looks well, but the pics make it look better somehow ha ha It was busy and a lot of kids, but that has to be expected for the opening night, but a poor dj and still a door charge and expensive drink. People will flock there for the first few weeks as it’s some where shiney and new. But hopefully they will realize they are getting robbed or Waterford heads really have the blinkers on. But ten will be back open and now talks of the old cinema being changed to a super bar or club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They've been talking about changing the old cinema back to a club since it closed, can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Where did you hear that Ten is opening up again?, that would be good news. Yeah, the old cinema is ripe for doing up, I always thought a big shop, Brown Thomas or someone could go in there.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Where did you hear that Ten is opening up again?, that would be good news. Yeah, the old cinema is ripe for doing up, I always thought a big shop, Brown Thomas or someone could go in there.

Close to the summer with Ten, Yeah that rumour is going around about the old cinema with a long time, but this came from a reliable source so it’s a wait and see would be good to see that side of the city come to life again

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

What kinda price is the drink in there?

As bad as Harveys old prices. Not good at all:mad:

Sound system was definitely a bit off last night. Speakers in smoking area weren't working and there didn't seem to be all that much bass.

It looks nice and the open plan nature of it will allow it to attract big names there but for some reason it looks like it's using much less floor space than rubys did. Lost two drinks to damned sloping tables which is a stupid design feature of them!

Shots are 4.50 and I was getting change back from a tenner for a Morgans and baby and a Whisky and lime so it's good to see they haven't broken the 5 euro psychological barrier with their prices!

Im definitely not their target Market though so I think any other criticism would be unfair. If you liked rubys, you're in for a treat!

Got charge over €5 for a vodka and mixer:(

AdMMM wrote: »
    Shots are 4.50 and I was getting change back from a tenner for a Morgans and baby and a Whisky and lime so it's good to see they haven't broken the 5 euro psychological barrier with their prices!!

Forgive my oldman question here but what is a Morgans and baby?

• Advertisement

Baby refers to the small mixer bottles of the likes of tonic water, soda water, Ginger ale, White lemonade etc.

Interesting. I love to learn. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

AdMMM wrote: »
    Lost two drinks to damned sloping tables which is a stupid design feature of them!

Maybe that's the idea, spill the drinks so you buy more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

So its u21s rather than over?

Hoffmans wrote: »
    So its u21s rather than over?

It is indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Ten is opening back up with the owner of the Docks bar in new ross apparently.

The old cinema wont be opened as a niteclub, its already been turned down

savic04 wrote: »
    Ten is opening back up with the owner of the Docks bar in new ross apparently.

The old cinema wont be opened as a niteclub, its already been turned down

Portovino (or Docks, stupid name) is a hole in my opinion and the opinion of most people over the age of 19 in Ross. Full of scumbag kids and eastern european (nothing wrong with that just making an observation).

So if it's gonna be anything like Portovino I'll be steering well clear of it.

thats what I heard anyway..

savic04 wrote: »
    thats what I heard anyway..

oh i'm not disputing the fact, just giving my opinion on portovino.

• Advertisement

I know your not :)

Im just saying thats what I heard, it could be hearsay too...

Would love the old cinema but not sure the work involved

Advertisement