Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

savic04 wrote: »
    I know your not :)

Im just saying thats what I heard, it could be hearsay too...

Would love the old cinema but not sure the work involved

Couldnt see anything like that for the cinema. too much investment needed for a very volitile market which is in decline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

So it's down to two people in the race, or bidding war, to land Oskars...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I don't recall any planning apps going through for the old cinema since it was closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Sully wrote: »
    I don't recall any planning apps going through for the old cinema since it was closed?

May not of got that far , but it was certainly looked at and at a more than rumour stage.

Would you have insdie knowledge of Planning , or do you mean didnt see it in the planning sections of papers etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

does anybody know if theres anything going on with the bowery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

kkdela6 wrote: »
    Remember reading something about a gift shop a while back.

Certainly won't be returning in the same guise as previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hi lads:

Anyone know who is playing in Masons or Front Lounge Tonight?

Zootaleurs in masons
    Lebowski in the front lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

kkdela6 wrote: »

Heard there was alot of interest in it except that a wall inside has a preservation order on it so not much decorating can be done internally which threw off potential buyers.. any truth to this?

Zootaleurs in masons
    Lebowski in the front lounge

I'll chance you, I demand a free drink :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    I'll chance you, I demand a free drink :)

Drunken mods abusing their power. I love it! :P

We all know I abuse power both sober and drunk :)

All I gotta say about tonight is that town was ten times more mental then I thought it would be. Front lounge was savage and admmm wouldn't even wave at me in the madness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I was in the foundry tonight and I don;t see the fuss about it.. The music was pretrty crap (the dj's fault though..) and there's nothing extremely special about it.. I prefer masons!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Ques for masons and the foundry tonight. Yet the rest of the town was quite enough. Small que for harveys, but once inside it wasnt any busier then any saturday night. I reckon masons and the foundry were playing each other. Fair few out tonight but when it goes back to normal the foundry will surely struggle.
    On a side not, staff in the Kasbar couldnt be anymore ignorant. Waiting 15 minutes for a drink, we left. I was never a big fan, but ill never darken the door again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ziedth wrote: »
    All I gotta say about tonight is that town was ten times more mental then I thought it would be. Front lounge was savage and admmm wouldn't even wave at me in the madness :)
    He was probably out is his mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

ratedR wrote: »
    Ques for masons and the foundry tonight. Yet the rest of the town was quite enough. Small que for harveys, but once inside it wasnt any busier then any saturday night. I reckon masons and the foundry were playing each other. Fair few out tonight but when it goes back to normal the foundry will surely struggle.
    On a side not, staff in the Kasbar couldnt be anymore ignorant. Waiting 15 minutes for a drink, we left. I was never a big fan, but ill never darken the door again.

Phantom ques:) A lot of clubs in the UK do this to make their Venue look busy when its not. It wouldnt que to get into either of them, but it will be the last que you will see for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Some queue for The Foundry last night, it was going down past The Woodman when i saw it.

Not everyone got left into the foundry last night! It reached full capacity around 12 and they played all the security messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Do they pack the Foundry like they did rubys? That wrecked my head you couldnt turn in the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HighKingOfIre

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Not everyone got left into the foundry last night! It reached full capacity around 12 and they played all the security messages.

Jesus you'd want to be very pissed to dance to that, who was the DJ?

jayboi wrote: »
    Do they pack the Foundry like they did rubys? That wrecked my head you couldnt turn in the place

Not really.. It wasn't too packed, you could easily get around the bar area and got served within a few minutes, but the dancefloor was packed!
    Jesus you'd want to be very pissed to dance to that, who was the DJ?

Liam Mccusky (The fella off beat..). He was fairly crap at the start of the night but picked it up as it started to get crowded! It closed at 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Cake Man

That was the busiest I've seen the town in a long time last night. Jam Tarts were very good top floor in the Kazbar. Lol at the phantom queue outside Harveys, when I got inside it wasn't too packed at all!

Cake Man wrote: »
    That was the busiest I've seen the town in a long time last night. Jam Tarts were very good top floor in the Kazbar. Lol at the phantom queue outside Harveys, when I got inside it wasn't too packed at all!

If any of them are reading this their phantom queue turned myself and like 12 of the lads with me around and straight back to the front Lounge.

What is the point in it? It surely serves no purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Think I ended up in Escape. Was off my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Ya mix of studes n locals made sum croud around alrite last nite....

Just means the weekend will be dead

They were at the same Monday night turning away people and its wasnt busy, They wont be as picky when it gets quiter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

They were at the same Monday night turning away people and its wasnt busy, They wont be as picky when it gets quiter

Who was?

• Advertisement

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Who was?

Foundry

Advertisement