Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Mpower85 wrote: »
    I know for a fact they bought muldoons and oxygen too! they told me in the interview for the foundry! 3 million they spent on it and omg it looks amazing in there and def cleaner then rubys!! lol

Everyone knows they bought Muldoons, you don't need to have had an interview to know that. :confused:

The place is what, a week old? Of course it's cleaner than Ruby's. Give it a couple of months though (and a couple of hundred students pissing and puking all over the place).

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

I work in the foundry waterford and mostly everynight theres a good crowd in there! nice atmosphere there, it is 10 times better then rubys! Rubys was a **** hole!! very badly run now its complety differnt more camera then before in there! i love it in there! tis good craic! :)

I like the way you said rubys was badly run:)The foundry has the same manager and assistant manager as rubys had:DWhat does having more cameras got to do with how well a place is run?A place could have a million cameras and still be run badly couldnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I work in the foundry waterford and mostly everynight theres a good crowd in there! nice atmosphere there, it is 10 times better then rubys! Rubys was a **** hole!! very badly run now its complety differnt more camera then before in there! i love it in there! tis good craic! :)

Are you aware that there are forms of punctuation other than the exclamation mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Any of my mates who've been in there have had nothing but bad things to say about it. The most positive response I got was from a girl in work. "S'alright I guess..." was the best she could say.

Bad drink prices, no promotions, fights breaking out, stuff being nicked from bags and staff not giving a toss about it. I've also been told some poor guy got the crap kicked out of him for kissing his boyfriend in there.

Not exactly sounding like better quality place they're trying to force it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Ledger wrote: »
    what's the age group?

most places in waterford will only play the chart stuff I'm afraid though

The Basement is a regular dance club with the worlds biggest Djs playing and Irish ones too.

Forum upstairs never has chart stuff, downstairs at the Forum is the same, usually live music

Front lounge has bands and good music after it, Geoffs has no chart stuff.

So that leaves Harveys, Masons, foundry. Dignity and kazbar
    .... Wouldn't call that most places..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not getting good reports back either I'm afraid. Makes no difference to me I won't be going in any event. It's fair to say that it would be more polished then rubys was but Luke the lads say give it a few months.

Anybody got a quick idea how all the late bars are getting on say last night? Is anywhere looking more quiet then last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm not getting good reports back either I'm afraid. Makes no difference to me I won't be going in any event. It's fair to say that it would be more polished then rubys was but Luke the lads say give it a few months.

Anybody got a quick idea how all the late bars are getting on say last night? Is anywhere looking more quiet then last time.

The Kazbar and The Front Lounge seemed to be pretty busy last night. Having said that, I was in The Kazbar early in the night and it seemed like most of the crowd were there to watch the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Harveys was as busy as any saturday was before the foundry opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

I was in harvey's on friday night and it was dead. A bouncer told that "it'll fill up at one" but wasn't even half full all night. I was upstairs in mason's before that as had never been in there and can honestly say i'll never be ein there again. What a kip - we got plastic glasses with our drinks which i don't think was an environmental measure from the owners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

savic04 wrote: »
    The Basement is a regular dance club with the worlds biggest Djs playing and Irish ones too.

Forum upstairs never has chart stuff, downstairs at the Forum is the same, usually live music

Front lounge has bands and good music after it, Geoffs has no chart stuff.

So that leaves Harveys, Masons, foundry. Dignity and kazbar
    .... Wouldn't call that most places..

Fair enough my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Ledger wrote: »
    Fair enough my bad.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

tonc76 wrote: »
    I was in harvey's on friday night and it was dead. A bouncer told that "it'll fill up at one" but wasn't even half full all night. I was upstairs in mason's before that as had never been in there and can honestly say i'll never be ein there again. What a kip - we got plastic glasses with our drinks which i don't think was an environmental measure from the owners :D

I HATE plastic glasses. Outside of a concert there is no need for them. If I see a place using them I must admit alarm bells start ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I HATE plastic glasses. Outside of a concert there is no need for them. If I see a place using them I must admit alarm bells start ringing.

Plastic glasses are the worst things on a night out!! :mad:

STIG83 wrote: »
    Plastic glasses are the worst things on a night out!! :mad:

+1

I know for a fact they bought muldoons and oxygen too! they told me in the interview for the foundry! 3 million they spent on it and omg it looks amazing in there and def cleaner then rubys!! lol

Everyone knew that!! You wont see me in there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

They seem to be asking for abuse on their Facebook page.

"who's looking forward to Dj liam tutty from beat fm tonight. Entry just 5 euro."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

They seem to be asking for abuse on their Facebook page.

"who's looking forward to Dj liam tutty from beat fm tonight. Entry just 5 euro."

A Carlow company looking after a Carlow DJ. Nepotism much?

Just sticking with what they know. No law against that really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

what we must remember is that for every person that doesnt like the commercial chart music they play in these mainstream clubs, theres about 40 others that do.

the forum is definitely the best club to go to in town music wise imho. does anyone remember the indie club they were running in oxygen for a while before it closed down, think it was called panic or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They chose the worst possible time to run those Indie nights in Oxygen. If I recall, not only was it horrifically advertised but their first night was run on the final weekend of Electric Avenue being open AND on the night where Traffik were running their Traffikfest. Not only this, but it was late April, early May when they were all being run which is slap bang in the middle of college exams. Suicide to run such nights!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mpower85

i misstyped what i wrote before! its a good spot thats all im saying! think its much better then ****ty escape!! hardly no one in there anymore !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

I had to laugh at the way the took down comments for "Bad Language" but when one of my mates put up "The Foundry is f***ing class" they clicked the like button within 5minutes haha.

Also to take note that 80% of the good comments saying how great the place is etc is people that work there :)

elbows there were about 500 people in there on sat night! :) i like the place it isnt cos i work there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

there was twice that in Harveys lol

im sure ya!!

Just sticking with what they know. No law against that really.

No law against it, and I guess I can't blame them, but the suggestion on this thread is that they will have done all their homework and if that led them to choosing a two-bob DJ from Beat FM, then I don't lend any credibility to their research.

Not research so much...just using people that they are comfortable with from their time in Carlow. What annoys me though is why they advertised the job. None of the DJs they have applied for the job and I know of at least 5 people who applied for the job, thinning it to be fair game, and didnt even get a mail or phone call acknowledging receipt of their application, if you already know what DJs you're going to hire, then don't advertise the job.

Not research so much...just using people that they are comfortable with from their time in Carlow. What annoys me though is why they advertised the job. None of the DJs they have applied for the job and I know of at least 5 people who applied for the job, thinning it to be fair game, and didnt even get a mail or phone call acknowledging receipt of their application, if you already know what DJs you're going to hire, then don't advertise the job.

That in itself is a silly move as all the DJs you mention will have quite a network of friends and associates, and they will have heard negative things about the Foundry before it even opened.

Looks like there damage done already to The Foundry, its closed Tuesday nights from now on.

• Advertisement

STIG83 wrote: »
    Looks like there damage done already to The Foundry, its closed Tuesday nights from now on.

That was quick :confused:

Advertisement