Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Mpower85 wrote: »
    Harveys have up their prices in drink now!
    Still 70 or 80 cent cheaper on everything then the foundry but no one will match masons at this rate.The owners of masons own around 18 other bars so are working off huge discounts and he has said before he is willing to drop his margins to stay busy so dont see them stopping the deals anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Still 70 or 80 cent cheaper on everything then the foundry but no one will match masons at this rate.The owners of masons own around 18 other bars so are working off huge discounts and he has said before he is willing to drop his margins to stay busy so dont see them stopping the deals anytime soon.

Does the banks still own Masons? Was it leased or sold?

Was leased to the people that own mcsorleys in killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

So Harveys are gone back up to how much a pint on a Saturday? I assume they arent taking the piss completely and keeping the €2 enterance fee that was there to keep the drinks prices low?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Students leavin soon , even if they wer chargin 1€ a pint, still will be empty round midweek

• Advertisement

I think its 4.90 not positive though

€4.90 all week? Ok assuming they have dropped the €2 (which IMHO was always a terrible idea) and keeping with their previous gameplan of raising the prices after 1. Usually goes up like 0.50c right?

Now, I'm assuming they are not as busy as the Foundry and Masons but yet have a large enough number of people who still go or to put it another way remained loyal to Harveys ya?

So they are hoping that the regulars who go there now just basically aren't Price sensitive and refuse to go somewhere else be it Masons or the foundry. I'll say one think it's a bold move.

Around 900 the last 2 saturday nights.Drink doesnt go up at any stage during the night anymore.Its the same all night.But with the way masons are charging they will need to drop them again i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

ziedth wrote: »
    €4.90 all week? Ok assuming they have dropped the €2 (which IMHO was always a terrible idea) and keeping with their previous gameplan of raising the prices after 1. Usually goes up like 0.50c right?

Now, I'm assuming they are not as busy as the Foundry and Masons but yet have a large enough number of people who still go or to put it another way remained loyal to Harveys ya?

So they are hoping that the regulars who go there now just basically aren't Price sensitive and refuse to go somewhere else be it Masons or the foundry. I'll say one think it's a bold move.

They,re still charging €2 into harveys, was in there friday night unfortunately.

I wouldn't be the best at count crowds but say a busy Saturday night before the foundry opened say last year would that a big drop?

I would have said 1,500 if not 2,000 people of the place is as full as I have seen it.

I'm far from an expert but with my retail hat on 900 people at €4.00 a drink by 5 drinks plus the €2 each is about €20k turnover while say 900 at €5 by 5 is €22.50k. So In theory that's an extra 30k a year if everything else remains the same. Not exactly huge money by their standards.

Edit: just saw that they have kept the €2. That IMO is taking the piss. Like they did spin this yarn that the €2 was put there to keep the drinks at €4ish a pint. I agree with ya a Mooley I'd be amazed if they didn't have to back track on this before June.

• Advertisement

Probably around 1300 would have been the normal for a saturday a couple of months ago.Ye i wouldnt be surprised if the door charge is gone before long.The drink is still 40 or 50 cent cheaper then it was this time last year but still needs to go down more if u ask me.But sayin that last friday harveys went 3euro all drinks and most of the crowd sill went else where so maybe its not only the drink prices that are the problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Harveys must think people are fools, up their prices and still charging €2?
    They are as bad as Ryanair with their €2 charge they bought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

STIG83 wrote: »
    Harveys must think people are fools, up their prices and still charging €2?
    They are as bad as Ryanair with their €2 charge they bought in.

Im not a Harveys fan myself, but he foundry is way more expensive, It goes to show they would rather close their doors on a Tuesday, than offer their customers cheaper drink, really goes to show they dont give a s**t about their customers and whats the deal with metal scanners going into the Foundry? Thought I was going threw an airport Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

I work in the hospital and tbh the majority of the security staff are bum faces.
    the often wait til the last possible moment to open rooms or buildings to which I get in trouble for from my bosses cuz the work can't be done if I can't get into the room.

plus, one of the security guards kept pooing in one of the outer buildings after I left and not flushing the toilet and the smell on monday moring was apparently rank. and I was the one getting the blame!!! thank god my supervisor stuck up for me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Nice to see the foundry are as mature as ever! Just deleted a load of comments off their fb page including my own when i asked if they were going to match mason's 2.50 deal.

SirenX wrote: »
    I work in the hospital and tbh the majority of the security staff are bum faces.
    the often wait til the last possible moment to open rooms or buildings to which I get in trouble for from my bosses cuz the work can't be done if I can't get into the room.

plus, one of the security guards kept pooing in one of the outer buildings after I left and not flushing the toilet and the smell on monday moring was apparently rank. and I was the one getting the blame!!! thank god my supervisor stuck up for me!!!!

Wrong thread i think man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I wouldn't be the best at count crowds but say a busy Saturday night before the foundry opened say last year would that a big drop?

I would have said 1,500 if not 2,000 people of the place is as full as I have seen it.

I'm far from an expert but with my retail hat on 900 people at €4.00 a drink by 5 drinks plus the €2 each is about €20k turnover while say 900 at €5 by 5 is €22.50k. So In theory that's an extra 30k a year if everything else remains the same. Not exactly huge money by their standards.

Edit: just saw that they have kept the €2. That IMO is taking the piss. Like they did spin this yarn that the €2 was put there to keep the drinks at €4ish a pint. I agree with ya a Mooley I'd be amazed if they didn't have to back track on this before June.

Average spend per head in nightclub/late bars would only be around €10 - €12. Maybe €15 on a really good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So Harvey's make a big song and dance about how they've listened to the people and brought down their drink prices but would have to put in a €2 door charge in order to make this viable. Now, not long after that, they put their prices up again and keep the charge that was put in place to allow them to lower their prices?

That's insane!

Adyx wrote: »
    Average spend per head in nightclub/late bars would only be around €10 - €12. Maybe €15 on a really good night.

Your ****ting me? I don't go out all that often maybe twice a month but I would drop €60 in a Nightclub fairly easily. I can't imagine spending what 2 hours in there with only two drinks? I'm sure your right i just can't imagine it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Adyx wrote: »
    What the feck are they drinking ? Tap water?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The man with the ladder has made the necessary changes to the outside signage regarding the tuesday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

masons should move the 2:50 night to wed now! tues is in the clear just to piss them off and change the sign again ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Your ****ting me? I don't go out all that often maybe twice a month but I would drop €60 in a Nightclub fairly easily. I can't imagine spending what 2 hours in there with only two drinks? I'm sure your right i just can't imagine it.
    A fine example of this is Harvey's who often were so busy on Wednesday night that they had to stop leaving people in by midnight yet still found themselves having to reduce their drinks to €3. A lot of people just aren't drinking out anymore. I'll often spend a lot when out, but I have friends that use their time in the nightclub to sober up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Well they've shown what they'll do when up against 2.50 drinks. Dot be surprised if we see wet wednesdys join Thirsty Tuesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Deadly serious. I know Muldoons/Oxygen weren't the busiest the last couple of years but the average spend per head never really changed much over the years I had access to the figures. Ruby's would have been similar, maybe a little better due to the Woodman. For every person who spends €50/€60, there might be another who only spends €20, another who only spends €10 and another who might spend €5 or nothing.

If people could be relied upon to spend €60 each a night, there'd be fewer places with a cover charge.
    emo!! wrote: »
    What the feck are they drinking ? Tap water?!

Water, nothing, bringing in their own drink, robbing others, relying on smitten young fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Im shocked to hear the average spend, I feel really guilty now, just for instance I spent well over €100 in Masons saturday night and didnt get in there till 1am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Im shocked to hear the average spend, I feel really guilty now, just for instance I spent well over €100 in Masons saturday night and didnt get in there till 1am.

Are we supposed to be impressed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Mooley22 wrote: »
    .But sayin that last friday harveys went 3euro all drinks and most of the crowd sill went else where so maybe its not only the drink prices that are the problems

Must be the fact they aren't selling "Taste the Rainbows" since i left ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

O Riain wrote: »
    Are we supposed to be impressed?

Can be if you want, but that wasnt the point of the post, I was just commenting on the money spent by people, I genuinly taught people spent more in line what I would on a night out, it's an eye opener was all.

BTW what was the point of your post, are you trying to impress people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Ledger wrote: »
    Nice to see the foundry are as mature as ever! Just deleted a load of comments off their fb page including my own when i asked if they were going to match mason's 2.50 deal.

Yeah apparently when asked about drinks offers originally they said " we only serve the most top quality drinks" - they just forgot to mention their going to be charging twice the amount masons are for the same ones :)

Advertisement