Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

STIG83 wrote: »
    Serious? It wasnt even a smart alec comment you posted, looks like Masons is their sore point at the moment.

TBH it was - i tagged it so everyone on there friend list would see it haha :)

Just goes to show though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Elbows22 wrote: »

:D:D

:D:D

You dont get nothing in this world without asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

You dont get nothing in this world without asking :)

Fcuk em!! no harm for them anyway, they wont be getting my custom ever.

Fcuk em!! no harm for them anyway, they wont be getting my custom ever.

Its their own fault really :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Would I be right in saying that you work for Harvey's/Mason's? If so, that's nothing short of publicly attacking a business to help promote your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The Foundry is a **** hole. Found myself in there last Friday. Never again. Awful music and the place full of children.

I didnt like it either,but then again what do people expect from it? Its only a nightclub and when it boils down to it the only things that make it significantly different is the music and price of drinks.

As i dont go there regularly i dont know what kind of crowd it attracts - younger/older?

Everyone was raving about it the first week it opened but now the hype has died down and people know what it offers, its just another club at the cross roads.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that you work for Harvey's/Mason's? If so, that's nothing short of publicly attacking a business to help promote your own.

You are actually wrong sorry to say :)
    Not in the bar trade at the moment!

I have worked in Harveys and Tweedy Group going back the years though :)

Not been biased towards anywhere but i think its a bit much deleting posts because you don't agree with them - if they are going to be coming onto facebook advertising their business they should be able for a bit of lighthearted constructive criticism :)
    In my honest opinion in the last few years the nightlife in Waterford has seriously declined and by the looks of it Masons and Harveys seem to be the only 2 venues in the city that seem to be doing anything about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

+1

Was in there myself once - on the opening night, no atmosphere, ignorant staff, terrible dj.
    To be honest out of all these high profile dj's they have hired only one stands out as been a good dj - Step forward Andy Mac :)
    Also they should have looked at hiring more local dj's as they are better at getting the crowd going than the majority of them in there now. Id rather pay my €5 to go see the likes of some good dj's like Stephen Power, Darren Skelton, Mick o' Dowd, Shay Searson, Neill Kelly etc who play to the crowd rather than these over rated dj's they have at the moment!!!
    Bring back Rubys :(

I wouldn't say he'll be djing in there anytime soon. :D

Down to The Front Lounge with you!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he'll be djing in there anytime soon. :D

Down to The Front Lounge with you!

Lets be fair - hands up he is a good dj and knows how to get the crowd going.
    Also did an excellent job in fairness running the Battle of the Business over the years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

You are actually wrong sorry to say :)
    Not in the bar trade at the moment!

I have worked in Harveys and Tweedy Group going back the years though :)

Not been biased towards anywhere but i think its a bit much deleting posts because you don't agree with them - if they are going to be coming onto facebook advertising their business they should be able for a bit of lighthearted constructive criticism :)
    In my honest opinion in the last few years the nightlife in Waterford has seriously declined and by the looks of it Masons and Harveys seem to be the only 2 venues in the city that seem to be doing anything about it!

What are Harvey's doing about it?

Adyx wrote: »
    What are Harvey's doing about it?

They dropped the prices of drinks some bit anyway but to be honest im not to sure if they are still lower prices so correct me if im wrong. :)
    As far as i was aware(and its been a while since ive been out) Harveys was €3 drinks wednesday, 3.50 thursday, €4 Friday and €4.50 Saturdays........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

haha! I seen that myself and gave it a 'like'. :D Wanted to see their reply.

Bad form them deleting it though. They should've at least say 'no' or 'check back here for offers in the future'.

It's a great club - Much nicer than anywhere else in the town in my opinion. I think the €3/€5 door charge midweek is a bit of a joke though.

The €2.50 drinks deal in Masons is short term only, so I can see why the Foundry aren't dropping the door charge just yet, but it will surely have to go in the long run.
    I really think that the Foundry is going to struggle now into the summer. The students will be gone home, so midweek trade will be very slow. They will get a crowd on Saturdays, but I can't see it ever being packed like Rubys once was.

blue-army wrote: »
    haha! I seen that myself and gave it a 'like'. :D Wanted to see their reply.

Bad form them deleting it though. They should've at least say 'no' or 'check back here for offers in the future'.

It's a great club - Much nicer than anywhere else in the town in my opinion. I think the €3/€5 door charge midweek is a bit of a joke though.

The €2.50 drinks deal in Masons is short term only, so I can see why the Foundry aren't dropping the door charge just yet, but it will surely have to go in the long run.
    I really think that the Foundry is going to struggle now into the summer. The students will be gone home, so midweek trade will be very slow. They will get a crowd on Saturdays, but I can't see it ever being packed like Rubys once was.

May be short term but at least they are doing something to be honest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

They're piggy backing on the back of mason's county colours night now.

They're piggy backing on the back of mason's county colours night now.

Makes sense alright :rolleyes:

Of course they are?! Social Media is not the correct medium for moderating comments. The likes of Facebook generate organic and natural conversation. Attitudes can turn pretty sour pretty quick if people realise that their comments are being moderated. The key to having a good social media presence is to engage with everyone, even those who do seem to be against you.
    And to find a company which engages with its customers on its website, we need look no further than McDonalds. Back in 2007, they launched an interface on their UK site that allowed visitors to ask any question and a McDonalds representative would answer it and it would be archived on the website for all to see.

You would think that such an interface would be heavily moderated, but you need only look at types of questions that were asked on the link below to see that McDonald's were very honest in their approach.

http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk/question-search?key=milkshake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The Foundry is a **** hole. Found myself in there last Friday. Never again. Awful music and the place full of children.

Looks like Monday night could be gone soon with low numbers but that's only some of their problems. One bouncer has already had his windows broken on his house and the head of security has left after a Waterford gang turned up at his house threatening to kill him unless he left his guys sell drugs in there. They have also threatened the manger as well.The drug dealers want there own guys on the door and they want to sell drugs in there and don't really care who they hurt to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Dymo wrote: »
    Looks like Monday night could be gone soon with low numbers but that's only some of their problems. One bouncer has already had his windows broken on his house and the head of security has left after a Waterford gang turned up at his house threatening to kill him unless he left his guys sell drugs in there. They have also threatened the manger as well.The drug dealers want there own guys on the door and they want to sell drugs in there and don't really care who they hurt to do it.

Find that hard to believe about the drug drealers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Yes I agree. Sounds like something out of the east end of London rather than on John Street, Waterford. Are we led to believe that any of the "gang's" hired goons would only leave ppl who are gonna take drugs into the club. Has Waterford just turned into the Wild West without anyone telling me? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nothing surprises me in Waterford anymore :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DunmoreRode

It's true about the drug dealers alright I heard it form a friend who works there.

Also there is another nightclub in Waterford which obviously I can't name, that has this "arrangement" with the same gang. The Gardaí know full well it is happening but are glad it's happening inside the club so they don't have to deal with it.

It's sad and I can't blame people for not wanting to believe it but it's very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

From some of the stuff I've seen on nights out over the years, I'd believe it going on inside the clubs but haven't seen anything in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Also there is another nightclub in Waterford which obviously I can't name, that has this "arrangement" with the same gang. The Gardaí know full well it is happening but are glad it's happening inside the club so they don't have to deal with it.
    The Gardai have their drug squad searching people on the way in to the Forum and have an arrangement whereby anyone caught with drugs in the Forum are held in a room there by the bouncers until a Garda or DS come along to charge them.

With such an agressive anti-drugs policy, I find it very hard to believe they would allow drug dealing take place in another club. If the Gardai know this gang are drug dealing in a club, surely it would be very easy to bust them?

The Gardai have their drug squad searching people on the way in to the Forum and have an arrangement whereby anyone caught with drugs in the Forum are held in a room there by the bouncers until a Garda or DS come along to charge them.
    Eh? Since when?

In my 3 years of going there I've never been searched by the drug squad or a guard. I get the usualy check for drink carrying and thats it.

Eh? Since when?

In my 3 years of going there I've never been searched by the drug squad or a guard. I get the usualy check for drink carrying and thats it.
    Was for the dance/house events there. It got massive news coverage too.

Was for the dance/house events there. It got massive news coverage too.
    That explains it. I avoid house and dance evens like a plague. Makes sense for those kind of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm not sure if it still goes on in there as it's being a year or two since I was last in there, but yeah it was for the dance nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

When the dance music nights were held in Ten (and later Oxygen) there were guards searching people on the way in too.

It's true about the drug dealers alright I heard it form a friend who works there.

It's sad and I can't blame people for not wanting to believe it but it's very true.

Are you suggesting that some of the security staff are actually part of a drug-dealing gang? Because it's bullshít. There is no "arrangement" between drug dealers and a nightclub. The Gardaí do have to deal with it, whether it's inside the club or not and going on my own experiences, they do try to deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DunmoreRode

Adyx wrote: »
    When the dance music nights were held in Ten (and later Oxygen) there were guards searching people on the way in too.

Are you suggesting that some of the security staff are actually part of a drug-dealing gang?
    Because it's bullshít. There is no "arrangement" between drug dealers and a nightclub. The Gardaí do have to deal with it, whether it's inside the club or not and going on my own experiences, they do try to deal with it.

Nope.

I do know for a fact that some gardaí are fully aware of what's going on in this particular place. And that the staff turn a blind eye, for their own safety, nothing else.

Advertisement