Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

jayboi wrote: »
    Where did this all happen the jacks?

If you read that without the origional quote...

Ha ha, I could edit I but I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

ziedth wrote: »
    Yu really must have been out of your tree man. I GAVE you one in Shorts cause Mrs Ziedth wanted one and then thought better of it.

The band were actually very good.

That's where it came out of!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I see in the waterford today an advert for the lease on 10-11 John Street formerly preachers nightclub, formerly Ten. Im confused is the crystal nightclub not going in there?

Hmmmm, that's what I thought too. Maybe it's an old ad somehow still running?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It wasn't an ad lads, it was a piece on how they have let it out. It was more for publicity for the agent than for anything else, a bit like putting up a sale agreed sign on a For sale sign, just to let potential property owners know that this agent is able to let out a building like ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Aquos76 wrote: »
    It wasn't an ad lads, it was a piece on how they have let it out. It was more for publicity for the agent than for anything else, a bit like putting up a sale agreed sign on a For sale sign, just to let potential property owners know that this agent is able to let out a building like ten.
    He certainly showed us Ziedth I take it you didnt read the whole article either?

Some advert ""Look how great I am I let out this nightclub it only took me about 4 years"

jayboi wrote: »
    He certainly showed us Ziedth I take it you didnt read the whole article either?

Some advert ""Look how great I am I let out this nightclub it only took me about 4 years"

Read the article? I couldn't name more then maybe two places where I could find a Waterford today let alone read one :)

I'm looking forward to giving the place a whirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

I liked the look of the place but I do have a few issues:

The cocktail menu is below average at best. I was hoping for a serious choice of ones but I realise it's early days so might be being developed.

The downstairs area is completely wasted. It's just a wierd setup walking into an empty room.

one of lads rather pissed wanted to do a shot of Chartreuse with me. Now I realise it's a random drink and everyone might not have heard of it or sell it but the barman pulled out this shíte of "in all my years of a barman I've never heard of it" as if we were touched asking for it.

I'd say the place will be grand but Above all they need print up some decent looking menus.

Ended up in Harveys, they had a very decent band in there but the name escapes me.

Ziedth I thought you had more faith in me after all those Skittles :D

As abouttobebanned has said it is currently with the drinks company and awaiting final print and design decisions :)
    A lot of thought has gone into it and tried to have a wide variety to suit every kind of drinker without going overboard so I hope when it does come out that it will be a massive success and as always im open to everyones opinions when it does happen. :D
    Also Ive added 2 brand new cocktails to the list which I hope will be as big as the last ones :)

Most of all im hoping to see Zeidth appearing at the bar every weekend and trying to scrounge some extra skittles off me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AsanteSamuel22

will he ever shut up about the skittles cocktails. they taste fairly average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

will he ever shut up about the skittles cocktails. they taste fairly average at best.
    Are_You_Feckking_Kidding_Me_HD_by_CrusierPL.png

• Advertisement

BANNED :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

There's always one :D

I have your back Elbows, they are quality, dont mind the begrugers.

Less of that you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AsanteSamuel22

ah I suppose everyone has their own opinion. Just I had a very similar cocktail a few years ago while I was away, skittles in it an all. Very very good. So I was delighted to have a chance to have another and it was good, but just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Good man Samuel. Keep him on his toes ;-)

Here's a question, when "muldoons" opens will this be the largest amount of late bars/clubs open in the city at the one time? Off the top of my head we will have:

Harveys
    Kazbar(is it a late bar?)
    Masons
    Foundry
    Front Lounge
    Crystal
    Shortts
    Revs
    Escape
    "Muldoons"

That's like 10 and I'm prob missing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Add in The Woodman and thats the lot (excluding the forum venue and forum lounge).

What are the plans for Muldoons? Opening as one place or two? Or are they even opening as pubs or clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    Add in The Woodman and thats the lot (excluding the forum venue and forum lounge).

What are the plans for Muldoons? Opening as one place or two? Or are they even opening as pubs or clubs?

Been no talk about it in a good while actually. Wonder are they aiming to be open for the tall ships?

I have heard it's going to be only open for fairly big bands but that was off some random guy in town so I'm not sure.

• Advertisement

I have heard it's going to be only open for fairly big bands but that was off some random guy in town so I'm not sure.

I told you to stop listening to How Do. He'll only fill your head with nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just back from Harveys (100% stone cold sober) went into meet a few mates but there gone home, before i got in i was asked for id and then i was asked where am i from (which i feel a bit offended by concidering im sober as a judge) and then when i was inside some girl attacked me because i walked past her jesus what did i do ,i didnt even look at her i only went in to the toliet and walked around to go out ??.

Just a bit pissed off

In the past i have been in harveys in a bit of a drunk state but that was last year and i didnt do any damage.

I was in the o2 in Dublin seeing Journey and then come home to Waterford at 1.15 and get treated like im some sort of Prick by the bouncers

KHARMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭ec18

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Just back from Harveys (100% stone cold sober) went into meet a few mates but there gone home, before i got in i was asked for id and then i was asked where am i from (which i feel a bit offended by concidering im sober as a judge) and then when i was inside some girl attacked me because i walked past her jesus what did i do ,i didnt even look at her i only went in to the toliet and walked around to go out ??.

Just a bit pissed off

In the past i have been in harveys in a bit of a drunk state but that was last year and i didnt do any damage.

I was in the o2 in Dublin seeing Journey and then come home to Waterford at 1.15 and get treated like im some sort of Prick by the bouncers

KHARMA.

kharma for going to see journey :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28 elchupanebray

home from harvey's 2 euro drinks night and am fairly satisfied with how it went other than the bar staff being on a go slow (possibly told not to rush around selling drinks at 2 euro a pop).heard it is going to be started on a thursday night too, hopefully does.i was sceptical when i heard about the night first but had a really good time. 4 vodkas,tequila,2 fanta and a pint for 14 euros.never gonna beat that for value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Hard to keep up with all the promos harveys are doing these days. Bet they never thought they'd be sinking to such desperate measures.

Was in The Forum Lounge on Saturday night for The Jam Tarts Orchestra. A great night was had by all.

It was slightly soured by a group of people in their late twenties who arrived in just as the band were kicking off and decided it'd be a great idea to stand up right in front of our group which was sitting on the couch in the corner. Like, seriously, nobody else in the entire place is standing up. There's a clue in the name that tells you a little about what kind of place it is: a lounge. There are loads of chairs and tables. And I don't mind if you want to stand up but please do it at the back or somewhere out of the way. I politely asked them to sit down which they seemed to find hilarious but, they moved over. Fair enough. Until more of them arrived and we were back to the same shite again. We eventually moved because I just couldn't be bother having a row over it. They then proceeded to act like a group of 12 year olds, looking over at us and skitting and laughing. One lad even got a bit thick with my younger brother because he dared to look in his direction. Some people need their heads examined.

Aside from that, it was a great night. The band were top class as always. The sound actually stood out as being very good, which you can't always say about pub gigs. There was never a queue at the bar. My only problem is that I wonder how long they can continue to pay bands like that to play to a crowd of maybe 60 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I honestly never thought I'd see Harvey's run a promotion like last night. A promotion like that is designed to do two things; a) get more people out and b) get people out earlier. It certainly succeeded in part a, although with Waterford winning it was always going to be busy out. I don't think it got people out any earlier however. My group was there at around 11 and we literally had the bar to ourselves until 1am when it started to get very busy.

Once it started to get busy, the island bar inside - the only bar that was open - became very busy with the 5 staff behind it struggling to keep up. I don't think this was on purpose though as one of the girls who was served in front of me was half given out to for not answering their phone earlier that night when Harvey's wanted her to come in and work.

Overall I think the night went well and the earlier closing time on a Sunday possibly saved the night from getting really messy towards the end. With that being said, this type of price competition isn't sustainable amongst the businesses in Waterford. It might be good for us in the short-term and we can boast of having a few cheap nights out but ultimately it will result in closure of a venue. When you consider their overheads, the staff in Harvey's last night were nothing but busy fools i.e. working their bollocks off for barely any profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

home from harvey's 2 euro drinks night and am fairly satisfied with how it went other than the bar staff being on a go slow (possibly told not to rush around selling drinks at 2 euro a pop).heard it is going to be started on a thursday night too, hopefully does.i was sceptical when i heard about the night first but had a really good time. 4 vodkas,tequila,2 fanta and a pint for 14 euros.never gonna beat that for value.
    What would be the point in selling drinks cheaper to get people in if your going to tell the staff to go slower?You try serve 600 or 700 people with 5 staff and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 elchupanebray

Mooley22 wrote: »
    What would be the point in selling drinks cheaper to get people in if your going to tell the staff to go slower?You try serve 600 or 700 people with 5 staff and see how you get on.

ah yeah was just a thought,would have thought the door charge was the main earner for them,i would love to serve 600 or 700 people some time haven't worked in ages could relly do with the cash.

• Advertisement

How much was the door charge?

Advertisement