Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

€5. Nice to see town busy on a Sunday again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You can't argue with that in fairness but you make a good point in that the hurling would bring a few people out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Just for info, how much would it cost a pub for a pint of beer/bottle/shot?

Depends from place to place. You're looking at above €100 and below €150 ex VAT for a keg but that's not taking into account the overheads which would be considerably high for a late bar.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Depends from place to place. You're looking at above €100 and below €150 ex VAT for a keg but that's not taking into account the overheads which would be considerably high for a late bar.
    Thanks, just wanted to know the bare figure before all the complicated stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'd be surprised if they did it again. They're trying so many things in that bar that it has lost it's "classy" tag a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I'd be surprised if they did it again. They're trying so many things in that bar that it has lost it's "classy" tag a long time ago.
    Harveys was classy?

I think it was anyway. For a while there it was the best looking pub that waterford had to offer. And it was run a certain way. Now it's just a free for all. (almost literally)

I think it was anyway. For a while there it was the best looking pub that waterford had to offer. And it was run a certain way. Now it's just a free for all. (almost literally)

I only saw it as place that rips people off with their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

TBF if you spent any amount of time in the "fight club" that was scorpions then Harveys rivals anything in New York.

I'm happy to pay over the odds for drinks if I get a little something extra. Harveys used to have the 24-29 crowd for a while and I genuinely liked going in there (if only to look at that polish one:)) but I have well and truly fallen out of love with the place and I'm hoping against hope that crystal is good.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, it's a strange one comparing it to Scorpions which was really only thrown together and wasn't open for very long at all. Shefflins and Sheffs were the Mutt's Nuts.

Shortts is proving to be the new Muldoons and I think that suits a lot of people.

Crystal might struggle for a while just cause it's so big. People will be able to go between the two venues as they wish though and that might go down well. Old Skool dance in the club...70s, 80s, 90s in the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Spent a good amount of time drinking around town yesterday and one of the lads raised a good point. We were in Shortts at around 7 o clock and the tv was on, but the music was just blaring. Louder than Geoff's on a friday/saturday night.

When it comes to being in a pub during the day, and the pub has tv's, why do a lot of pubs have music blaring over everyone and the tv? It's only something I've noticed recently in the likes of The Front Lounge etc

I'd personally prefer it if during the day the pubs actually had volume on the tv's and you could hear what you're watching.

I'd personally prefer it if during the day the pubs actually had volume on the tv's and you could hear what you're watching.

But why go to the pub to watch TV at all? (Sport excepted)

Yeah, if you wanna watch TV, you really should stay at home. What would ya possibly want to watch in a pub? Sky News? Lord no....

Well I don't go to watch TV....I go to drink....thought that was obvious...

We're not sure now Mitch....Honestly now...were yo hoping to catch up on the soaps like those bars over in Majorca?

No I do that in The Dome during the college term, there's just times when I'm sitting The Front Lounge or Masons, and theres a sky sports interview on or a race on, but all I can hear is "EVERYDAY IM SHUFFLIN".

No I do that in The Dome during the college term, there's just times when I'm sitting The Front Lounge or Masons, and theres a sky sports interview on or a race on, but all I can hear is "EVERYDAY IM SHUFFLIN".
    everydayimshefflin.jpg

I see Harveys are doing "Cheeky Thursdays" stupidest name i ever heard.

Was hearing good things from a fellow boardsie about Crystal Nightclub and Shortts, it definitely sounds like my dream place to go on a night out!! :)
    Hopefully will see it a few times before i head off in September.

• Advertisement

I'm kinda half and half on the place atm, gonna wait and see the nightclub before I decide. Bar seems nice though, if a bit loud but sure tis the same everywhere.

This is weird, we've had nothing to complain about for nearly a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Dont jinx it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

You now have the song in my head!! hon king henry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I'm kinda half and half on the place atm, gonna wait and see the nightclub before I decide. Bar seems nice though, if a bit loud but sure tis the same everywhere.

This is weird, we've had nothing to complain about for nearly a week.

You should see Mason's Facebook page then! :D

Adyx wrote: »
    You should see Mason's Facebook page then! :D
    WHY DO YOU MAKE ME DO THAT

CAPS LOCK EVERYWHERE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Folks

have had to remove a number of posts from this forum over a particular discussion based on a rumour.

Please don't post anything on site where you don't have all the facts. Don't accuse, directly or indirectly or by insinuation, anyone of being out to harm a business, cause trouble or do anything illegal or distasteful without being completely confident in the facts.

I post this because when we're contacted about your posts, if we're ordered to give your identity under a Section 8 Data request, we will do so. We are legally obliged to do so. You'll be taken to account for what you wrote on this website.

You can see our legal guidelines on http://www.boards.ie/legal

Thanks

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Why were my posts removed, I was being careful as to not say much bad about the place. There was no accusation of anything, I was just giving an opinion of the place.
    No free speech on here no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

deisedave wrote: »
    Why were my posts removed, I was being careful as to not say much bad about the place. There was no accusation of anything, I was just giving an opinion of the place.
    No free speech on here no??

No, there's no free speech on here - or anywhere. This is a privately owned website. Have a look here

I've removed a lot of posts with no indication on who or why or what was said as I think it's the simplest thing for me to do. I'm not pointing at anyone. Let's just go forward from here.

Looks like someone just dropped an atomic bomb on the last 5 days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Darragh wrote: »
    No, there's no free speech on here - or anywhere. This is a privately owned website. Have a look here

I've removed a lot of posts with no indication on who or why or what was said as I think it's the simplest thing for me to do. I'm not pointing at anyone. Let's just go forward from here.

Fair enough your the boss man

Advertisement