Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

What the feck!? Darragh ya just wiped the entire 5 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Darragh,
    can you do the same trick in real life? Coz if you could wipe the last 2 days, it would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Sorry folks, but I have to do these things from time to time - I don't like it any more than you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Indeed,

Best to draw a line under it I feel and be fairly merciless in the future with regards rumors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 John Sample

ziedth wrote: »
    Indeed,

Best to draw a line under it I feel and be fairly merciless in the future with regards rumors.

Definitely for the best to be fairly merciless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Darragh wrote: »
    Sorry folks, but I have to do these things from time to time - I don't like it any more than you do!
    I love a man with power:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Mooley22 wrote: »
    I love a man with power:D

Thats just wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Seemed to be just blanket deletions though. Which seems a bit counter productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

He just wiped everything! Only half of those had anything to do with the rumour.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note
    Anything at all related to the complaint would be removed as we are legally obliged. Nobody wants to but thats how the law works with such.

Time now to discuss something else folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Was,nt there a club called rumours in town years ago??

To remind me....what exactly are we not allowed talk about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Apparently your not allowed make a slight complaint about a club in town :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I havent been online in like a week, (longest ever!) it seems i've missed all the controversy!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Ledger wrote: »
    I havent been online in like a week, (longest ever!) it seems i've missed all the controversy!! :(

lol There was no controversy thats why I'm a bit confused;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

deisedave wrote: »
    lol There was no controversy thats why I'm a bit confused;)

well i missed something! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ledger wrote: »
    well i missed something! ha

What was said got deleted.

Mod Note:

Right, Enough is enough lads. If you have any issues with the deleted posts start a feedback thread. Don't bring it up here again. I'm with yee on this but alas that is the situation we are in. For reference you can still make any comments on any place in town you like and as we have always done, what has caused the hassle is posting of a particular rumor.

Anything further on this from this post will result in bans

Woooh there...

I genuinely haven't a clue what's going on here. There was 5 pages of stuff deleted and there has been no reference to what the controversial stuff is, or who complained. Maybe give us a clue as to what we're not allowed to talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Woooh there...

I genuinely haven't a clue what's going on here. There was 5 pages of stuff deleted and there has been no reference to what the controversial stuff is, or who complained. Maybe give us a clue as to what we're not allowed to talk about?

We can't give you a clue. We can't talk about it ever ever again. If we so much as whisper it to ourselves in an empty room, we'll be struck down by... something vicious.

I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating that so many posts were deleted but honestly, our hands are tied here. There's nothing we can do.

Just to clarify though, you are still entitled to give your opinion of a club/business, even if that opinion is negative. All that we ask is that you do not mention people personally, and please don't post anything that could be deemed libellous. Just avoid the usual rumour mill. If you can't back it up, it's best not to post it.

The rules have not changed here. They are the same as they've always been. No libellous posts. The mods were remiss here, we missed a post that we should have deleted and that's frustrating for everyone, but it happens.

Please guys, lets just move on from it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

In order to get some conversation going again, where is your favourite place to get some grub after a night out? I'd be a Brennans takeaway man myselfm garlic cheese chips :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

OK, €3 drinks has the potential to attract a rough crowd.

(I'm fairly certain this was not the controversial topic, as its fairly obvious what was for anyone who was following the thread the past few days)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I asked a question was Masons gone scummy over cheap drink?

Maybe when replying add in "In my opinion" cause this is a opinion forum like ud talk in real life

In order to get some conversation going again, where is your favourite place to get some grub after a night out? I'd be a Brennans takeaway man myselfm garlic cheese chips :D

I tried a snack box from brennans recently and it was muck. The whole thing went in the bin. Tasted like it had been sitting under a light bulb for 12 hours

dayshah wrote: »
    OK, €3 drinks has the potential to attract a rough crowd.

(I'm fairly certain this was not the controversial topic, as its fairly obvious what was for anyone who was following the thread the past few days)

I think it does, AFAIK Masons never had as much a rough crowd as it does now although it's far from "boyz in the hood" level I think you'd definately see it.

As for food I was DEVESTATED to learn last week that they have stopped the chicken ceaser wraps in Hillbillies I haven't been this lost for food after a night out since PieCo closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I usded get a gravy chip from hillbillies when drunk , thought it was lovely. Had it one day sober.... some muck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I think it does, AFAIK Masons never had as much a rough crowd as it does now although it's far from "boyz in the hood" level I think you'd definately see it.

As for food I was DEVESTATED to learn last week that they have stopped the chicken ceaser wraps in Hillbillies I haven't been this lost for food after a night out since PieCo closed.

Boyz in the hood is the american but is it all mullets,diamond earrings,loud t shirts,wannabe vintage jeans,wannabe soccer players types :D

RxQueen wrote: »
    I usded get a gravy chip from hillbillies when drunk , thought it was lovely. Had it one day sober.... some muck!

If we fancy a chat after we get an Apache pizza sometimes and sit down. I always get a Tacco Pizza but as I'm eating it uneven know that if I was sober I wouldn't touch it. It's quality pissed so I don't care though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Ok that's it. I'm never returning to Waterford.

P.S. I heard a rumour.............................but I can't tell anyone about it on here! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Beerholder

Big fan of Istanbul myself as I'm partial to a kebab, can be a nightmare if there's a big crowd in there though.....

P.S I wouldn't recommend it if you're planning on doing any kissing afterwards, they tend to be generous with the onions :D

Advertisement