Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Beerholder wrote: »
    Big fan of Istanbul myself as I'm partial to a kebab, can be a nightmare if there's a big crowd in there though.....

P.S I wouldn't recommend it if you're planning on doing any kissing afterwards, they tend to be generous with the onions :D
    Whatever way I read that I pictured women trading a lot of onions for a shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Beerholder

Whatever way I read that I pictured women trading a lot of onions for a shift.

haha yeah it did look like that now I look back at it, chance'd be a fine thing eh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 John Sample

Beerholder wrote: »
    haha yeah it did look like that now I look back at it, chance'd be a fine thing eh? :D

LOL!

Well they do say beauty is in the eye of the 'Beerholder'!

Am i right? AM I RIGHT?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I noticed that The Foundry are having a beauty night, 19.30 to 22.30, which seems to involve recommendations for the ladies on make-up. Free in.

I have to say fair play to the Foundry on this one. Its certainly original. I'm sure lots of pretty young ladies will attend, getting an early crowd for the Foundry. And then these young ladies will attract the male patrons.

Its different from the €3 drinks or live band to get in the punters anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

And the foundry has gone from a night club to a beauty salon:) http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165795170153257 They might run that better than the do with the nightclub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

dayshah wrote: »
    I noticed that The Foundry are having a beauty night, 19.30 to 22.30, which seems to involve recommendations for the ladies on make-up. Free in.

I have to say fair play to the Foundry on this one. Its certainly original. I'm sure lots of pretty young ladies will attend, getting an early crowd for the Foundry. And then these young ladies will attract the male patrons.

Its different from the €3 drinks or live band to get in the punters anyway.

I agree, it's actually a very clever idea.

dayshah wrote: »
    ziedth wrote: »
    I agree, it's actually a very clever idea.

I'll be going anyway.

me_gusta_5117_preview.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

:D I just posted up a reply...and then deleted...

I have to stop posting in this thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭decies

LOL!

Well they do say beauty is in the eye of the 'Beerholder'!

Am i right? AM I RIGHT?

:pac:
    can you change that font colour son it's doing my head in on this wet day, these small things can drive a man over the edge . Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

decies wrote: »
    can you change that font colour son it's doing my head in on this wet day, these small things can drive a man over the edge . Thanks

Woo hoo, another armed stand off :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 John Sample

decies wrote: »

Sorry pal.

I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I don't know how to change it.

All I do is hit paste (CTRL+V) on my keyboard to copy my post in and when I click submit it shows up purple :confused:

To be honest it's doing my head in as well. I must have spent 20 mins earlier hitting paste and then preview. Purple every time.

If someone could PM me what I'm doing wrong that'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Just a heads up for anyone planning on heading out tomorrow that Crystal Niteclub is having its opening nite - should be a good nite

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone planning on heading out tomorrow that Crystal Niteclub is having its opening nite - should be a good nite

So I went to the crystal nighclub last night.
    I wasnt that drunk so maybe I was never going to be having a whale of a time anyway.
    I could have no complaints about the set up in there,seat, tables etc
    the smoking area was very rubyesk with a few seats.
    The only issue I would have is that the crowd wasnt for me, in my opinion it was a bit rough but thats just me.

A few good drinks promos though 3 bottles of sol for 10 quid.

Wasn't impressed with some of the heads in there last night myself but they were very much in the minority. The offer of a free drink on entry (free entry) probably enticed them in and I think going forward they'll go back to their usual haunts.

Few little problems here and there but they should be easily fixed along the way. The bar has firmly established itself now and the niteclub will find its audience soon. (in saying that it was hammered last night but a lot of that can be put down to the opening)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I wouldnt worry too much about a few unsavoury characters been in there last night, alot of people were just probably trying it out to see what it like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

STIG83 wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry too much about a few unsavoury characters been in there last night, alot of people were just probably trying it out to see what it like.

I agree, was it busy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Wandered into Crystal after closing in Geoffs last night, but it looked way too packed so walked straight out. I'll try again in a few weeks. For anyone that was in there, did they stick to only playing 80s/90s?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

blaa85 wrote: »
    Wandered into Crystal after closing in Geoffs last night, but it looked way too packed so walked straight out. I'll try again in a few weeks. For anyone that was in there, did they stick to only playing 80s/90s?

I went in there about 11 last night, so got a nice seat, it was packed in there though!! Yep they stuck to playing 80s and 90s no current crap atall :p Good Night!! Id say they will do well!!!

Amzie wrote: »
    I went in there about 11 last night, so got a nice seat, it was packed in there though!! Yep they stuck to playing 80s and 90s no current crap atall :p Good Night!! Id say they will do well!!!

Were you in the bar or the club?

Were you in the bar or the club?

I was in the club:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Amzie wrote: »
    I was in the club:D
    I got a text at 1am to inform me they have a tonne of carpet in there. That can't last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I was in the bar ( I think it was called Shortts). It seemed very packed but at the same time it was a older crowd, so there seemed to be a good vibe about the place, But that was the first night lets see how it is in a few months time I highly doubt there gonna stick to the over 21's rule.

AdMMM wrote: »
    I got a text at 1am to inform me they have a tonne of carpet in there. That can't last!

lol:) yeah there is alot of carpet but aleast if you fall over its nice and soft!haha!!and at least the dance floor is wooden:D

AdMMM wrote: »
    I LOVE CARPET

deisedave wrote: »
    I was in the bar ( I think it was called Shortts). It seemed very packed but at the same time it was a older crowd, so there seemed to be a good vibe about the place, But that was the first night lets see how it is in a few months time I highly doubt there gonna stick to the over 21's rule.

The bar has been open 4 weeks now. 18-21 year olds will get too frustrated by the lack of charts. The bar is fine. Just the club to worry about now.

The bar has been open 4 weeks now. 18-21 year olds will get too frustrated by the lack of charts. The bar is fine. Just the club to worry about now.

Fcuk em!! some of that music in the charts at the moment is crap anyway.

Well what I mean is, there is enough places for the under 21s to go...they won't have an interest in the bar and there is no danger of that Under 21s rule changing.

Well what I mean is, there is enough places for the under 21s to go...they won't have an interest in the bar and there is no danger of that Under 21s rule changing.

Off to The Foundry they can go!!

Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I LOVE CARPET
    Wonder will you still love it when you notice it's nothing but vomit and old drinks!

Advertisement