Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Thing about carpet is that it looks good and is cheap. You'll end up changing it every year but it will freshen up the place each time you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

AdMMM wrote: »
    Wonder will you still love it when you notice it's nothing but vomit and old drinks!

Where was it that had the sticky carpets? Was it club LA? I forget.

Unless its a magic carpet I can fly around on I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

dayshah wrote: »
    Where was it that had the sticky carpets? Was it club LA? I forget.

Unless its a magic carpet I can fly around on I hate it.
    The Roxy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

STIG83 wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry too much about a few unsavoury characters been in there last night, alot of people were just probably trying it out to see what it like.

But shouldnt a new place be stopping rough heads from day 1?

The town is flooded with rough looking heads...must be hard for bouncers to think of reasons to stop them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

One strange thing I noticed is the weird new hairstyles everyone has now, I feel like ive been left behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anybody got any pics of Crystal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

The town is flooded with rough looking heads...must be hard for bouncers to think of reasons to stop them all.

Well in Shortts last night, all that was in there was middle aged people. I didnt really notice anyone rough. There was a good atmosphere and everyone was just having fun, which tends to be unusual lately in town.

deisedave wrote: »
    I didnt really notice anyone rough. There was a good atmosphere and everyone was just having fun, which tends to be unusual lately in town.

Yeah, I was out last night.

The place brightens up when the Dayshah comes to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Carpet equals cheaper insurance too, a very significant cost these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Thing about carpet is that it looks good and is cheap. You'll end up changing it every year but it will freshen up the place each time you do.
    The problem is with the underfelt,no matter how many times you clean the carpet, makes no differance to the underfelt which still retains the spilt drink,etc etc and after a while start's to smell like really dirty feet,You will know when to change it when your feet start sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I LOVE CARPET

I LOVE LAMP!

sorry......:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Beerholder

What are the drink prices like in the new nightclub guys?

Also, will they be charging on the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe blogger

what nights will this new club be open

if it opens during the week will it stick to the 80s and 90s theme

something different for the students

hard to know how itll go down

reserving all judgement until ive actually been in there

I see that the Foundry is giving free in Thursday, and free before 00.30 Fri night.

I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought they might try milk the situation.

Any promos going during the Tall Ships weekend?

I'd say out of all the pubs and nightclubs The Foundry will absolutely clean up this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Beerholder wrote: »
    I'd say out of all the pubs and nightclubs The Foundry will absolutely clean up this weekend

Why would that be?

I don't think any place will clean up tbh...they didn't in 2005 and people had money back then. I guess Beerholder's theory is that it looks like a jazzy club and people from outside of waterford don't know any better.

And don't forget, EVERY bar in waterford has a late licence this weekend. Although according to the regulations surrounding that late licence...all venues must be EMPTY at 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd say everywhere will fill up Friday/Saturday night. It'll be bedlam. Get in early would be my advice if your going out. Sunday might not be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Really? I didn't go out in '05 but I assumed it was busy.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Really? I didn't go out in '05 but I assumed it was busy.

It was okay, but it was no Spraoi weekend.

The Tall Ships is a family festival.

Yes because of it's location and branding.....if i was coming from another county, especially the neighboring ones to Waterford it would probably be my first port of call....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

well i for one would like to relive the days of 2005 and go knacker drinking in the park. I dont care how old i am now

kkdela6 wrote: »
    well i for one would like to relive the days of 2005 and go knacker drinking in the park. I dont care how old i am now
    It's kinda hard to get off on a "Boys will be Boys" warning when you're 20 though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

'ah come on garda, young adults will be young adults'

"What, this can? This isn't mine. This is my younger brother's."

"Yeah he's 16. I know right? Pssshhht. Kids be crazy..."

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

well when i was working in 2005 for the tall ships the bar i was in closed the doors all the nites by 9:30 and took alot more then any spraoi weekend ever.so id say this will be just as busy everywhere

Mooley22 wrote: »
    well when i was working in 2005 for the tall ships the bar i was in closed the doors all the nites by 9:30 and took alot more then any spraoi weekend ever.so id say this will be just as busy everywhere

Which bar/night was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We're already 3 deep. Probably our best day of the year so far. And it hasn't even started. Definitely bringing the lube tomorrow!

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    We're already 3 deep. Probably our best day of the year so far. And it hasn't even started. Definitely bringing the lube tomorrow!

The Tower and all the places along the Quay will clean up...I worry for the places further up town. Hope im wrong though

Advertisement