Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Whats the story with the bulmers live music trail does anyone know?
    Is it just random trad musicians belting out a few tunes in the pubs or are there actual bands playing? i cant find a schedule anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Bulmers are mad to get a bit of branding on the entire event so they're either paying for or subsidising pubs to get bands in. A mix of local and nOt so local bands.

Do ya know if they'll have a schedule up? I'm a fan of many particular bands in Waterford and it would be nice to go on a pub crawl to the various venues i know they are playing

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Which bar/night was it?
    muldoons all the nights of it.Town is busy enough already so id say it will be a crazy weekend.

AdMMM wrote: »
    We're already 3 deep. Probably our best day of the year so far. And it hasn't even started. Definitely bringing the lube tomorrow!

The Tower and all the places along the Quay will clean up...I worry for the places further up town. Hope im wrong though

As a kind of plug, we're the only outdoor bar on the quay to be serving heineken. Also stocking the Morgans, gin and smirnoff cans in the marquee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

That's actually very useful info tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Only pub to be serving Heineken??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

kkdela6 wrote: »
    Do ya know if they'll have a schedule up? I'm a fan of many particular bands in Waterford and it would be nice to go on a pub crawl to the various venues i know they are playing

[Shameless Plug] Ruby Studios is having a 10th Birthday celebration tomorrow night at 8 in Murphy's. Bands confirmed are Nihilism, Chimbanbee, Neil White, Renoir's Reflection, Kodakid & an original set by Cassidy. [/Shameless Plug]

Adyx wrote: »
    [Shameless Plug] Ruby Studios is having a 10th Birthday celebration tomorrow night at 8 in Murphy's. Bands confirmed are Nihilism, Chimbanbee, Neil White, Renoir's Reflection, Kodakid & an original set by Cassidy. [/Shameless Plug]

oh im well aware of that gig and i'll be there with bells on. im good friends with the lads in renoirs reflection and i know some of the lads in the other bands too.
    Thats going to be unreal, except murphys will be absolutley packed to the rafters so i'll probably spend most of the night outside smoking fags and talking ****e to tourists

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

As a kind of plug, we're the only outdoor bar on the quay to be serving heineken. Also stocking the Morgans, gin and smirnoff cans in the marquee.

The tower is it?

• Advertisement

south wrote: »
    The tower is it?
    Yup.

Heineken on draught, plastic bottles of wine, cans (500ml) of Bulmers (original, pear and berry) and cans of Smirnoff and Cranberry in the Marquee outside. Getting the cans of Morgans with Coke and Gordons and Tonic on Friday.

As far as I know, all the other outdoor drinking areas on the Quay are being run by Bulmers and are serving Bulmers, Tennents and Becks.

There's strictly no glass bottles allowed outside so most pubs will be providing plastic holders at the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Yup.

Heineken on draught, plastic bottles of wine, cans (500ml) of Bulmers (original, pear and berry) and cans of Smirnoff and Cranberry in the Marquee outside. Getting the cans of Morgans with Coke and Gordons and Tonic on Friday.

As far as I know, all the other outdoor drinking areas on the Quay are being run by Bulmers and are serving Bulmers, Tennents and Becks.

There's strictly no glass bottles allowed outside so most pubs will be providing plastic holders at the doors.

That's great thanks. Any idea of price's yet?

Haven't a clue what the places on the Quays are charging but we're charging €4.50 for Heineken and €5 for the cans. Prices in our main bars are the same as always.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jesus lads Rip of Ireland is alive and well here with cans for a Fiver. Shocking to say the least.

Meh. We serve ice.

I'm not really going to get into argument over it but marquees don't come cheap, neither do generators that need to be filled every night. Of course you are welcome to go to the likes of Next Door or Centra on the Quay and buy your drink there. If you want to sit down and relax, you are welcome to come down to the Tower, or any of the other outside bars.

As far as large events go, I'd say most places are being very fair with their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I have a 20box of bulmers sitting in the shed at home, and two litre bottles as well. I just realised this was a waste of my time as I'll be doing all my drinking in town.

Arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone know who's playing where tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I'd say anyone up past O'Connell St or Red Square will do much more than usual, none of the pubs up town have stocked up any more than on a normal weekend

Some people I was talking to don't want the tall ships at all, because they reckon there have been too many permits given out to stall holders, local businesses could possibly suffer.

I think personally it is a great thing to have in the city. Puts it on the world stage for one weekend and bringing in a lot of tourists to the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe blogger

I have a 20box of bulmers sitting in the shed at home, and two litre bottles as well. I just realised this was a waste of my time as I'll be doing all my drinking in town.

Arse.

if you need somebody to take that off your hands let me know

dont want it going to waste after all

genuinely would like to know how the hell everyone got home last night? at 4 in the morning we were told the next taxi available would have been an hour and there were still thousands of people lying in the streets with nowhere to go.

we ended up sleeping in a car in the tesco carpark in poleberry. some other may not have faired out so well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

genuinely would like to know how the hell everyone got home last night? at 4 in the morning we were told the next taxi available would have been an hour and there were still thousands of people lying in the streets with nowhere to go.

we ended up sleeping in a car in the tesco carpark in poleberry. some other may not have faired out so well?

We tried to do our usual trick of flagging one down around Grimes as they made their way back to the city, but there were dozens of others with the exact same idea. Ended up walking it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sleeping in the car would have been a great idea actually.....

I wouldn't be suprised if there were still people hanging around after 5am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Ya I live directly across from Harveys and my partner had work at eight this morning, trying to get to sleep with all the people all night was head wrecking.:mad:

Daysha wrote: »

We tried to do our usual trick of flagging one down around Grimes as they made their way back to the city, but there were dozens of others with the exact same idea. Ended up walking it in the end.

Ended up doing the same thing! Glad it only took 15 mins to walk, would hate to have had to go to somewhere like the dunmore road!

Ended up doing the same thing! Glad it only took 15 mins to walk, would hate to have had to go to somewhere like the dunmore road!

try getting to woodstown....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Pfft, I only got home at 9 this morning, thank god Dunphy's was open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd say everywhere will fill up Friday/Saturday night. It'll be bedlam. Get in early would be my advice if your going out. Sunday might not be too bad.

sat night in the foundry was absoluthy mental!!! last night was very quiet everywhere... gunna be quiet for a while until spraoi weekend and the music fest

about 500 in harveys last so not everywhere was quiet.Probably most of the people who had been working on stalls and in bars and hotels would have went out last nigt so kinda surprised everywhere was busy enoughh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

Mooley22 wrote: »
    about 500 in harveys last so not everywhere was quiet.Probably most of the people who had been working on stalls and in bars and hotels would have went out last nigt so kinda surprised everywhere was busy enoughh

were u in there last night?!

• Advertisement

i was working in there last night

Advertisement