Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

{I'm not affiliated with above link or premises} just some very interesting reading about a struggling club elsewhere...
    Perhaps you could offer your services ala Fergal Quinn's Retail Therapy. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Haha reading that Facebook page I think I'd be put into an early grave by those kids. Its hard to fault what they're doing on their page but I've never been in the club so I can't really comment. Mulcahys bar is a fine spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus,

IMO they are looking to be raided having a load of people complaing on your page about all the underage people.

I was in the pub last night and there was a chap beside me who looked no older than 14. He was 18. Bouncers are apparently checking all IDs so theyre protected. So they're either 18 and look younger or are younger and have fake ids. To which we must ask what the parents are at.

I have always wondered about that lets say I "know a guy" who when he was a fairly tall 16 year old so he looked 18 and photocopied his birth cert but stuck a sticker over 1984 to make it 1982 and gave that into the guards so hey presto "he" has a fake age card*. If "he" had been caught at the time or anyone with a fake ID is it the venue that is at fault or the young fella who has the fake ID.

*This is Ilegal do not do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Doubt there'd be anything said about leaving him on the premises, but if they sold him drink knowing it was fake they'd be liable.

Nobody under 18 is allowed on a premises after 10pm (during the Summer - 9pm rest of the year). The premises is liable if people are found to be under 18, even if they aren't drinking.

Ahhhh didn't know there was a rule for 18. I just generally assumed it was kids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

AdMMM wrote: »
    Nobody under 18 is allowed on a premises after 10pm (during the Summer - 9pm rest of the year). The premises is liable if people are found to be under 18, even if they aren't drinking.

What about wedding afters,funeral afters and other functions. would under 18s have to be gone by a set time

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What about wedding afters,funeral afters and other functions. would under 18s have to be gone by a set time
    Ah see those would be treated as function rooms, not nights in a bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Dannos Niteclub All the ideas and giving out seems to be from people who either don't actually go out...or go out in Waterford. Funny that. What's their hurling team like...out of curiousity?

that was a dirty dig

Liam Redmond If u dont want help to save ur failing club dont ask for it

is exactly what i thought from reading the things on their page

Was a dig alright...but a dig on their page...not on a waterford page. Strangely enough...all I thought from the page was that maybe they're being a bit too honest. They really are the opposite of the Foundry in every way...but I don't think they asked anyone for help...they were asking for feedback and opinions...isn't that what people are always asking for.

I have to say...the more I read of this page the more I'm liking Dannos and feeling sorry for the people they have to deal with. Damned if you do and damned if you don't sums it up nicely.

Yea they are being a bit too honest, so much so that it almost seems a little unprofessional. The way their talking, they almost make themselves sound a little weak and desperate for lack of a better word

I think they are desperate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Christ, have they no cop on. Nothing looks worse than desperation.

Of course in a place like clonmel there's every chance that the person looking after the page knows most of the people on there.

And there is something worse than "desperation" and that's the deleting of comments that you see on other pages.

Anyway, it's clonmel, not Waterford. What interested me was how a lot of the people on their page looked to Waterford as an example of how things should be done.

Anyway, it's clonmel, not Waterford. What interested me was how a lot of the people on their page looked to Waterford as an example of how things should be done.

and how the clonmel club was not happy with those comparisons at all! Waterford being the nightlife central that it is ;)

I'm not sure I get your point?

They werent happy being compared to waterford... whats not to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

I went in to crystal night club with one of the lads.Wanted to bring some sort of have daycent music back around.But sure jesus didnt me man(who owns crystal nightclub) tell me we would need a garunteed 300 people and went on to tell us that he was expecting 600 people on the average saturday night. Dont think any club owner should expect more than 150-200 nowa days.Might call back in to him though and see what his story is.......

• Advertisement

I don't know what it is...maybe I'm getting old and delirious but I'm having trouble understanding half of these posts!

lol actually i cant make any sense of theillests post :pac:

theillest wrote: »
    I went in to crystal night club with one of hte lads,wanted to bring some sort of have daycent music back around but sure jesus didnt me man tell me we would need a garunteed 300 people every night...he was expecting 600 on the average saturday night. Dont think any club owner should expect more than 150-200 nowa days.Might call back in to him though and see what his story is.......
    I went to Crystal with one of my good friends
    We wanted to bring some good music to the people
    a gentleman in there told me we would need 300 people every night
    he appeared to expect 600 on a saturday night
    I do not think a club owner should expect more than 15-200 people
    I may return at a later date to ask him what the current situation is

... that still doesnt make much sense?

I know, but given a name like "The Illest", I'm not expecting A Grade english anyway. :pac:

poor illest, we'll get him to explain tomorrow :)

Secrets will be reopening soon as a tapas bar I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

AdMMM wrote: »
    Secrets will be reopening soon as a tapas bar I believe.

Which one was secrets again? Was it Flashes/Plan B/Fitgeralds, or was it the one on Ballybricken?

dayshah wrote: »
    Which one was secrets again? Was it Flashes/Plan B/Fitgeralds, or was it the one on Ballybricken?

Ballybricken was Whispers IIRC and Secrets was in flashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

read again,might make a bit more sense

Advertisement