Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anybody got a number for The Foundry?

Friend of mine went in for an interview there, think it was for promo work. I'll quote her.
    "Won't be giving the foundry my business anymore, dickheads!"
    "went in for an interview and the guy was just so rude. He looked at my picture then at me, back at the pic, then goes to me, girl, yer prettier in the picture. and made a face. I was in shock like! It was so rude."

She's looking for a number for them to complain. Don't blame her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

051 854727 - The dinn Ri Group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Friend of mine went in for an interview there, think it was for promo work. I'll quote her.
    "went in for an interview and the guy was just so rude. He looked at my picture then at me, back at the pic, then goes to me, girl, yer prettier in the picture. and made a face. I was in shock like! It was so rude."

That's fairly bad management. I remember on a different thread I was mentioning the benefit of certs and diplomas for things like bar management, but lots of people were sort of 'sure what can college teach ya'.

I think this shows that lots of people running bars (and restaurants) would benefit from a 1 year course that would show them where they are going wrong.

Of course there are people who are just naturally talented at managing a place, but given the inconsistent level of service you get in Ireland, its certainly not all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Tell her to Sue! Sue to high heavens id be suprised if she didnt have a case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

jayboi wrote: »
    Tell her to Sue! Sue to high heavens id be suprised if she didnt have a case

LOL? He said she looked prettier in the picture, good luck winning that 'case'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

jive wrote: »
    LOL? He said she looked prettier in the picture, good luck winning that 'case'.

I hope they throw the book at him! and then the chair!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

No individual names please. I'd say the accusation in itself is dodgy, especially with it being a repeat so is unlikely to be a direct quotation.

Jaysus they're calling for blood!

She was only looking for the number to complain about yer man who interviewed her. No names ye savages!

Move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Jaysus they're calling for blood!

She was only looking for the number to complain about yer man who interviewed her. No names ye savages!

Move on!

She is the 3rd person this is after happening to in the last two days. The person who did the interviews is not main management like 1st time around , its the Marketing and PR manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

im shocked about what the person said! the person should have kept its mouth shut!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

But isn't that the way these hip modern bars/clubs are? I mean, it's been a while since i saw a not-so-pretty female working in one. They hire mainly by looks, because many of the pints you get in these places are pulled by women who's boyfriends must not be very happy (except for the wimmens working in the Foundry last friday night, they were experienced at pulling pints).

Oh, and I'm not condoning what happened.

But isn't that the way these hip modern bars/clubs are? I mean, it's been a while since i saw a not-so-pretty female working in one. They hire mainly by looks, because many of the pints you get in these places are pulled by women who's boyfriends must not be very happy (except for the wimmens working in the Foundry last friday night, they were experienced at pulling pints).

Oh, and I'm not condoning what happened.

but thats sterotypin though! they shud pick personality over looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

yoyo83 wrote: »
    but thats sterotypin though! they shud pick personality over looks!

Indeed they should, but thats not what happens. Have a look the next time you're in any trendy pub/club, i'll nearly guarantee the majority of female staff are good looking. Now have a look at a country/alternative pub, the staff may not be as good looking as the trendy places, but you can at least have a conversation with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 babyflick

Indeed they should, but thats not what happens. Have a look the next time you're in any trendy pub/club, i'll nearly guarantee the majority of female staff are good looking. Now have a look at a country/alternative pub, the staff may not be as good looking as the trendy places, but you can at least have a conversation with them.

sorry now but i am kind of offended by this, that is total stereotyping, i work in a nightclub and i am def not the prettiest fish in the pond! I was told when i was hired that it was because of my outgoing and bubbly personality

babyflick wrote: »
    sorry now but i am kind of offended by this, that is total stereotyping, i work in a nightclub and i am def not the prettiest fish in the pond! I was told when i was hired that it was because of my outgoing and bubbly personality

You are offended by people stereotyping your profession as full of good looking women?

they shouldnt go just for the looks... it shud be judged on the personality their lookin for someone bubbly and a big personality but my friend turned around and said to me basically their lookin for somone who has a big chest and is very pretty! i beg to differ on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

To be fair, in a nightclub you are not going to be talking to the barstaff so wether or not he/she has a nice personality will be completely irrelevant, however if the particular barstaff (especially if female) is good looking, it may attract drunken punters.
    In a country pub, or even just a quiter pub, friendly outgoing barstaff would indeed be essential.

Sigh.

The problem was the guy's attitude towards her in the interview. Any decent person would have said "We'll let you know" or something if they didn't want to hire her. He felt the need to say "Yer better looking in the picture" as his reason not to hire her. She got the number and complained. Manager has since called and offered the job anyway, she refused. Its done.

END OF DISCUSSION

Continue with Waterford nightlife chat before it gets into a morals/legals/employment discussion and is moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

Oh yeah, meant to say in relation to mitch's story about how your man treated his friend. Theres no tactics or anything in that he's just plain being a dickhead and she should definitely complain

anyone know is there a live band playing in masons tonight?

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, did anybody go to Secrets while it was there?

I used to get loads of free passes from them at the weekends but never used any. :(

They're still sitting in my wallet. Managed to get a collection of 'em. I'll bring them to the next beers.

I used to get loads of free passes from them at the weekends but never used any. :(

They're still sitting in my wallet. Managed to get a collection of 'em. I'll bring them to the next beers.
    Nope, but a friend of mine did. He said it was really depressing in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

dayshah wrote: »

I heard it was awful in there and it was supposed to be pretty intimidating too. They'd really try push ya for a private dance and so on.

dayshah wrote: »
    ziedth wrote: »
    I heard it was awful in there and it was supposed to be pretty intimidating too. They'd really try push ya for a private dance and so on.

They forced him to dance for them!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And who are you hoping will redeem them for you?

They forced him to dance for them!?

Yeah, the one dressed like a cow-girl had a six-shooter and started shooting at his feet.

And who are you hoping will redeem them for you?
    I'm gonna trade them for sexual favours obviously.

Maybe some of the coke and hookers the mods get. These things are collectors items now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

yoyo83 wrote: »
    anyone know is there a live band playing in masons tonight?

Recoil are the band tonight according to Mason's Facebook

Good band they are. Mason's always have quality groups.

one thing about masons i dont like their bar staff need to learn how to do cocktails! i asked for a cocktail last night and the panic look on the person face was priceless.. they should be trained to do the cocktails!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

They used to do em , but the guy said that they arent any more

Advertisement