Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

one of my friends got a sex on the beach in there last night so they do them but they wont do the ones are i wanted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Got about 7 free bottles of desperadoes and a free pair of music fest tickets in the foundry last night ! how bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

RxQueen wrote: »
    They used to do em , but the guy said that they arent any more
    There's no menu, but if you ask nicely, and don't want anything that's a hassle to make, you'll get one.
    yoyo83 wrote: »
    one of my friends got a sex on the beach in there last night so they do them but they wont do the ones are i wanted lol
    Sex on the beach isn't a real cocktail if we're being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Made the mistake of going into the forum again last night.
    Paid 10 euro in at 1:50am, knew I would not get long drinking but sure what can ya do. Bought a drink on entry and sipped away till 2:05 where I went to get another and discovered the bar was closed. I went looking for the manager and demanded my money back stating that I had paid in for a late bar and thus should be entitled to a late bar. I was more or less laughed at. Was told some guff that a late bar only lasts up to 2am which meant one of two things, they were operating without a late license that night or they just wanted to close up shop early and get staff out quicker.
    There was a group of about 15 of us, none of whom will EVER be returning. Once again the place was dead, you would think that the few customers they had on a saturday night that theyd treat them with a bit of decency and respect.
    The disgraceful thing was there was still tills there so they could have served us but still refused to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

How is Crystal doing since? are they sticking to all their early promises?

Think i'm going out next weekend for Sproai so i'm def gonna give it a look then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

O Riain wrote: »
    Paid 10 euro in at 1:50am, knew I would not get long drinking but sure what can ya do. Bought a drink on entry and sipped away till 2:05 where I went to get another and discovered the bar was closed. I went looking for the manager and demanded my money back stating that I had paid in for a late bar and thus should be entitled to a late bar. I was more or less laughed at. Was told some guff that a late bar only lasts up to 2am which meant one of two things, they were operating without a late license that night or they just wanted to close up shop early and get staff out quicker.
    There was a group of about 15 of us, none of whom will EVER be returning. Once again the place was dead, you would think that the few customers they had on a saturday night that theyd treat them with a bit of decency and respect.
    The disgraceful thing was there was still tills there so they could have served us but still refused to do it.
    That was a bit silly of you, heading in that late! :P
    http://www.ireland.com/food/pubs/pub-laws-opening-hours/436738
    Don't late bars only serve to 2 normally? They're open til 2.30, but that's to allow 30 mins drinkin up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

ziedth wrote: »
    How is Crystal doing since? are they sticking to all their early promises?

Think i'm going out next weekend for Sproai so i'm def gonna give it a look then.

Free in on club nights but next weekend there are two big bands in the club early so will be a fiver in. When the band are finished it will be free. (oasis tribute mad ferrit and soul reason)

The music in the club I old skool and charts. The music in the bar is all classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I went into crystal last night and also last Saturday night too. Each time I was wearing a light jacket over a shirt and was told I HAD to hand it over and pay €2 for it. I stated to the bouncer that I didn't want to hand it over and he could search me if he wanted to....his reply was quiet simple "if you don't want to pay the €2 charge there's the door"

I paid and wasn't impressed but still had a good night none the less:rolleyes:

That's a blanket thing in all the venues though. Remember all the bouncers in the town work for the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That's a blanket thing in all the venues though. Remember all the bouncers in the town work for the same company.
    What!? You HAVE TO pay if you have a jacket?!?
    That's the first I heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Remember all the bouncers in the town work for the same company.
    'Bouncers R Us' if im not mistaken.

Yep..in a lot of places. I think it's a crazy rule myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

what is it used to stop though? sneaking in a naggin?

You won't feel the benefit when ya go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

they used to do that in escape werent allowed to go in first, have to pay the 2 euro in for the jacket! could be worse harveys charge people 3 euro and the foundry its optional if u want to go up to the club with the jacket but i guarentee ya they come down in 10 mins as its a hassle holding on to the jacket!

What's the problem? 2am is when they are meant to stop serving. You were only fooling yourself paying in at 1:50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    what is it used to stop though? sneaking in a naggin?

Think so. But how come the ladies can keep their handbag? Its really just a way of getting more money out of people.

Ha ha Ha ha Ha ha Ha ha Ha ha Ha ha Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I've had nights in the forum upwards of 50 times so far, and I've NEVER gotten a drink past 2am in there. Why ANYONE would pay into a place at 1:50am is beyond me.

Been having great craic in Crystal and Shortts the last two weeks. Brought the lads in from Jackmead's on friday though and Crystal was closed. Bouncers didnt know why, but I headed into Shortts and drank my weight in SexontheBeach instead.

Club only opens on saturday cause, frankly, fridays in wateford are terrible.

Next time you're in shortts, come up and say hello, I've a glass of drink vouchers that I'm just dying to give away...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I think theres a video of me and one of the lads dancing to Barry White's "my first, my last, my everything". If it ever emerges I'll post it here.

• Advertisement

Adyx wrote: »
    What's the problem? 2am is when they are meant to stop serving. You were only fooling yourself paying in at 1:50.

Meant to in who's rule book?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

The Gardai's book, otherwise known as laws.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

So what is the official time a late bar has to stop serving on a friday and saturday night, is it 2.00 or 2.30?
    Was in shortts couple of times and they were serving away well after 2.00
    Do some places just decide to close it earlier to suit themselves rather than having to close at 2.00 a.m.

So what is the official time a late bar has to stop serving on a friday and saturday night, is it 2.00 or 2.30?
    Was in shortts couple of times and they were serving away well after 2.00
    Do some places just decide to close it earlier to suit themselves rather than having to close at 2.00 a.m.

well i was under the impression that it was 2am. But there are other people here who may be in a better position to confirm the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I consider myself far too cool for cover charges, unless there is a band :cool:

But seeing as almost everywhere will have a band this Spraoi weekend, what places will be charing to get in?

dayshah wrote: »
    I consider myself far too cool for cover charges, unless there is a band :cool:

But seeing as almost everywhere will have a band this Spraoi weekend, what places will be charing to get in?

what?:eek: walk on hot coals just to get in??:confused: I don't think so.........

:P:P:P

Well first off, they are allowed to close the bar whenever they like. There's no law that says they have to stay open to a certain time.

Secondly, several places around the city stop serving at 2am because that is what the licence/the Gardaí permit. Muldoons, Rubys and Masons, when part of the Tweedy Group were supposed to stop serving at 2am as well. Several places in Kilkenny have to stop at 1:30am (or used to).

Adyx wrote: »
    Well first off, they are allowed to close the bar whenever they like. There's no law that says they have to stay open to a certain time.

Secondly, several places around the city stop serving at 2am because that is what the licence/the Gardaí permit. Muldoons, Rubys and Masons, when part of the Tweedy Group were supposed to stop serving at 2am as well. Several places in Kilkenny have to stop at 1:30am (or used to).

I've never in my whole life seen 2am closes, 2:30am everywhere I have ever been. My main point here is that if they were closing the bar in five to ten minutes then the fair thing to do would have been to inform me it would be closing and failing that refund me the money that I had paid. A pub should be no different to anywhere when it comes to customer service, I paid ten euro for a service they didnt provide, anywhere else you would get your money back.

I've never in my whole life seen 2am closes, 2:30am everywhere I have ever been. My main point here is that if they were closing the bar in five to ten minutes then the fair thing to do would have been to inform me it would be closing and failing that refund me the money that I had paid. A pub should be no different to anywhere when it comes to customer service, I paid ten euro for a service they didnt provide, anywhere else you would get your money back.

In fairness, even if they were closing it at 2.30, paying a tenner at 1.50 was a bit foolish and a waste of money.

• Advertisement

Ledger wrote: »
    In fairness, even if they were closing it at 2.30, paying a tenner at 1.50 was a bit foolish and a waste of money.

Of course I realise this but im not gonna sit outside the forum on the step with me lack when theres 13 of my gang inside am I? At the time i was happy to pay a tenner for 40 minutes of drinking, but paying it for 10 minutes was robbing me and no one can dispute that.

Advertisement