Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Ledger wrote: »
    what?:eek: walk on hot coals just to get in??:confused: I don't think so.........

:P:P:P

I'm too cool for hot coals :cool:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

O Riain wrote: »
    My main point here is that if they were closing the bar in five to ten minutes then the fair thing to do would have been to inform me it would be closing and failing that refund me the money that I had paid. A pub should be no different to anywhere when it comes to customer service, I paid ten euro for a service they didnt provide, anywhere else you would get your money back.
    You went in at 1:50 and you think the fair thing would be them notifying you that just in case you didnt realise (at 2 in the morning I might add), they would be closing soon.

"I had a **** night cos I only came in at 1:50"
    "Good gosh sir! Here have your money back old chum"

If ANY nightclub ever gives you your money back for the reasons you've given, please let me know because I'll be going there from now on.

They weren't "providing you with a service". You paid entry fee into a nightclub that plays music for entertainment, provides seating and has a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Of course I realise this but im not gonna sit outside the forum on the step with me lack when theres 13 of my gang inside am I? At the time i was happy to pay a tenner for 40 minutes of drinking, but paying it for 10 minutes was robbing me and no one can dispute that.

well sorry but in my opinion it was your own fault, and like was said, if they closed it at 2, it's because that's the time they must close it by law. they're hardly going to change it every week or anything like.

I've never in my whole life seen 2am closes, 2:30am everywhere I have ever been.

You had 10 minutes to get your drink, and an extra 30 minutes drinking up time.

Do you expect them to give you a loan of a watch too for the €10 you paid in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

You went in at 1:50 and you think the fair thing would be them notifying you that just in case you didnt realise (at 2 in the morning I might add), they would be closing soon.

"I had a **** night cos I only came in at 1:50"
    "Good gosh sir! Here have your money back old chum"

If ANY nightclub ever gives you your money back for the reasons you've given, please let me know because I'll be going there from now on.

They weren't "providing you with a service". You paid entry fee into a nightclub that plays music for entertainment, provides seating and has a bar.

This wasnt the nightclub it was the forum lounge it was not busy enough for the club to be open.
    Ha I swear all of ye work in the forum, own it or something. Any normal person would be angry at the way we were treated. Look I'll say no more on it, theyre sneaks and robbers. end of.

• Advertisement

This wasnt the nightclub it was the forum lounge it was not busy enough for the club to be open.
    Ha I swear all of ye work in the forum, own it or something. Any normal person would be angry at the way we were treated. Look I'll say no more on it, theyre sneaks and robbers. end of.

You should be angry at yourself, you only have yourself to blame.

They didn't rob you of anything, and you are the one that wanted them to break the law by selling drink after 02.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You were silly to pay a tenner at 1:50, but wtf were they doing having someone on a ticket desk while the bar was closed (or about to close)...that's the height of cheek to be honest.

I like the Forum for the acts that they bring in etc...but they're expensive and while people are giving out about the pubs and clubs in the centre of the city, the forum are sniggering away with their €10 door charge.

I'm still waiting on news of my representative account so I don't think I can tell you about Shortts & Crystal during the Spraoi Festival.

Most venues will be free in the city centre unless the bands they have are above a certain amount (approx 7-800).

Crystal will be charging on Friday and Saturday for their bands - but in my opinion it will be well worth it. If you arrive after the band for the niteclub, it will be free in.

I'm gonna say it. I'm actually considering doing without the Spraoi afterparty in the forum this year to save €15 on the door. Thinking of going to Shortts/Crystal instead. Been having great craic in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I'm gonna say it. I'm actually considering doing without the Spraoi afterparty in the forum this year to save €15 on the door. Thinking of going to Shortts/Crystal instead. Been having great craic in there.

Is that what they're charging??:eek:

Ledger wrote: »
    Is that what they're charging??:eek:
    €10 Friday
    €15 Saturday
    €15 Sunday (Spraoi After Party)

Got the wristbands the last two years and went 2/3 nights. Was a good laugh, and the Sunday night is always fantastic in there BUT now that I have another place in town I like I might opt out.

From what I've heard for the fee in you get three bands and free run of the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

€10 Friday
    €15 Saturday
    €15 Sunday (Spraoi After Party)

Got the wristbands the last two years and went 2/3 nights. Was a good laugh, and the Sunday night is always fantastic in there BUT now that I have another place in town I like I might opt out.

From what I've heard for the fee in you get three bands and free run of the place.
    As far as I know, this year there will be 3 bands upstairs, and 3 downstairs, and you will be able to go between both floors.

Only the Lounge is open on the friday. Here's what their listing says.

Friday
    29th Jul '11 SPRAOI FESTIVAL CLUB €10.00 11:30pm
    Forum Lounge
    Doors 11.30pm
    Admission €10

Bands: The Jam Tarts Orchestra, Fidil & Tumble Circus Cabaret
    PLEASE NOTE SINGLE TICKET WRISTBANDS €32.50 ONLINE / €30' NEXT DOOR FORUM WATERFORD'

TWO WRISTBANDS FOR €55 ONLINE / €50' NEXT DOOR FORUM WATERFORD' (to avail of this offer tickets 2 tickets must be purchased together, If you require 4 wristbands 2 seperate transactions must take place)
    Friday July 29th: Forum Lounge - Doors 11.30pm
    Saturday July 30th: Forum Lounge & Venue - Doors 11.30pm
    Sunday July 31st: Forum Lounge & Venue - Doors 11pm

Saturday
    30th Jul '11 SPRAOI FESTIVAL CLUB €15.00 11:30pm
    Forum Lounge & Venue
    Doors 11.30pm
    Admission €15

Forum Lounge: Baraka & Tumble Circus Cabaret
    Forum Venue: Kalukata Millionaires
    PLEASE NOTE SINGLE TICKET WRISTBANDS €32.50 ONLINE / €30' NEXT DOOR FORUM WATERFORD'

TWO WRISTBANDS FOR €55 ONLINE / €50' NEXT DOOR FORUM WATERFORD' (to avail of this offer tickets 2 tickets must be purchased together, If you require 4 wristbands 2 seperate transactions must take place)

Sunday
    31st Jul '11 SPRAOI FESTIVAL CLUB €15.00 11:30pm
    Forum Lounge & Venue
    Doors 11pm
    Admission €15

Forum Lounge: Solar Taxi & The Fizz Bombs
    Forum Venue: Torann, Parish, Zubop Gambia & Ringo Bingo

Now that I know theres bands on upstairs and downstairs all night....I'm thinking twice...

Edit: And before someone says it, no I'm not affiliated with the forum! Havent been since Tall Ships.

And lads....I'm gonna say it, and apologies to Mods if i'm out of line....but this year's main Spraoi band "Sam and the Womp" who are headlining in the Forum on the saturday...are in Crystal on the Sunday (Free entry)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

In fairness, I've been in the Forum for the Spraoi sunday a few times, and it's always a great craic with a good crowd in there. Tórann finish the night, and the place goes mental. Guaranteed.

Tbh I've never had a problem seeing people mention who is playing where on here. It's Spraoi! It's one of the biggest Waterford Nightlife weekends of the year.

As long as you don't use all-caps and don't spam it, I have no problem with people posting who is playing where for certain weekends or events. (Although there is a waterford bands thread and waterford events thread for specific reasons).

That being said, first one to post HEY COME TO THE CLUB I WORK IN WE HAVE A BAAAAAAAAAAAAND gets a shlap.

I see someone has set up a Waterford nite clubs Facebook page. It looks unprofessional and will probably be shut down before too long cause will just turn into a slagging fest.

I'm dying to make a comment about being able to spell 'night' but I'd have to add them as a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Looking at the Rhythm Route listings for Spraoi, any recommendations for bands on Friday night?

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Looking at the Rhythm Route listings for Spraoi, any recommendations for bands on Friday night?
    I reckon Sal's on the quay is the place to be on Fri and probably Sat night as well. Some decent acts and the Luminous Live events are always very well run and the beer is recession priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TheNardDawg

I'm dying to make a comment about being able to spell 'night' but I'd have to add them as a friend.

God that'd be hilarious, you mad wacky rebel you...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

God that'd be hilarious, you mad wacky rebel you...:rolleyes:

I really miss the days when you were a subtle troll, and made us work to ban you. :(

God that'd be hilarious, you mad wacky rebel you
    I know, I'm some great laugh aren't I? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cleo086

Linky

Line up in Shortts bar and crystal night club the new place looking good for spraoi they have the oasis trib band and neil diamond experience. good to see a fresh take for the over 21s in waterford!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Hard to get excited for Spraoi given the spectacle that was the Tall Ships only a few weeks a go! I always went to the Forum for the entire weekend but will be giving it a miss this year as I've had my festival feed for the year and saw Torann only two weeks a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Well i for one will continue a true spraoi tradition and just spend the weekend knacker drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Well I'm coming home especially for Spraoi and I'm sure it will be fantastic as always. The tall ships is just a rare treat. Spraoi is our annual tradition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

gunna be a good weekend for waterford... 50 cent and the rest in the rsc and the spraoi! im goin mad i cant go to the music fest but there is always next year!

Mad Ferrit at Crystal last night. Superb band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Looked like a good night in both places. What's in there tonight?

Advertisement