Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Soul Reason

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Soul Reason
    .Never heard of them,are they any good.There used to be a excellent blues band in Waterford a few years back called SOUL REAZON,i remember them allright.

Back in the days when people put spaces after their full stops?

http://www.munster-express.ie/entertainment/music/soul-reason-back-the-avenue/

The band themselves can't seem to remember how to spell their name cause I've seen it as Reason in more places than I've seen reazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Back in the days when people put spaces after their full stops?

http://www.munster-express.ie/entertainment/music/soul-reason-back-the-avenue/

The band themselves can't seem to remember how to spell their name cause I've seen it as Reason in more places than I've seen reazon.

Are they playing in the club or pub ?

Club....just too many of them for the bar!

soul-reason.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

are soul reason the band that played the last night of electric avenue before it closed down? that was one of the greatest nights of my life

I'm not sure actually

they were real upbeat, ska kind of music. played a lot of madness and specials. that picture you linked looks exactly like them (from what i can remember)

Yeah, it must be them so. They did play a lot in there.

in that case, i'll see you in crystal tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Anything doing tonight? Any decent bands/live music?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hopefully ill see Shortts tonight, def not going to Harveys!!

ziedth wrote: »
    Anything doing tonight? Any decent bands/live music?

There's ME in shortts...and SAM AND THE WOMP are in the night club (followed by DJ) - Free entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

dont miss fighting spiders at 6.30pm down blackfriars! also if anyone is around the quay tonight come to murphys! my band is playing from half 9 til half ten :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

shortts or murphys decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Kanoe wrote: »
    shortts or murphys decisions decisions.

Caulfield's!!!

Shortts...I'll get ya a drink ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Shortts...I'll get ya a drink ;-)
    will have a look ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Caulfield's!!!

Caulfields!!!! Big Paulie Kool and the mental institutions are a spraoi institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Had my first experience of Crystal last night and have to say I really enjoyed it. Curious as to how much of that was a Spraoi effect though - how did last night compare to a usual Saturday?

Also. If there's a night where Shortts is free and Crystal costs money, what's stopping people entering the nightclub via the Shortts smoking area at the back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Daysha wrote: »

Also. If there's a night where Shortts is free and Crystal costs money, what's stopping people entering the nightclub via the Shortts smoking area at the back?

A 6ft security dude lol
    :cool:

The club has been going extraordinarily well. Better than I expected tbh.

Expect a boards karaoke night in the bar in august...

The club has been going extraordinarily well. Better than I expected tbh.

Expect a boards karaoke night in the bar in august...

If you have Journey, Goo Goo Dolls or Galway girl hounding keep me off the stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Opted to go to Crystal at the last minute instead of paying €15 to the forum. First time we've ever not gone to the forum on Spraoi weekend. Figured we'd at least be paying €5 into Crystal for the band on, but got in for free!

Didn't think much of the band in there, they only got about 6 or 7 people on the dancefloor. You could kinda tell they were just waiting for some 80s or 90s, and most of them headed down to Shortts. I hid in the cocktail bar for about an hour having one of each and feeling really pretty. I don't remember much after that. I know I left when Rhianna came on anyway.

Checked my sentbox this morning on a gamble.
    "Dicks and cones may break my phone but panes and crisps excite NA NA NA nee to LEARN The words"

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Opted to go to Crystal at the last minute instead of paying €15 to the forum. First time we've ever not gone to the forum on Spraoi weekend. Figured we'd at least be paying €5 into Crystal for the band on, but got in for free!

Didn't think much of the band in there, they only got about 6 or 7 people on the dancefloor. You could kinda tell they were just waiting for some 80s or 90s, and most of them headed down to Shortts. I hid in the cocktail bar for about an hour having one of each and feeling really pretty. I don't remember much after that. I know I left when Rhianna came on anyway.

Checked my sentbox this morning on a gamble.
    "Dicks and cones may break my phone but panes and crisps excite NA NA NA nee to LEARN The words"

Says it all really.

Good man. I'm proud of you Mitch! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Was my first year not going to the forum at all! I think far better value was to be had elsewhere In town.

As a kind of aside, I see that Traffik are starting to run their free before 12 nights again. If they don't bring in the crowds then there'll be trouble ahead....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They're only doing it for three weeks though, so tbh I don't think it's gonna make much of a difference at this point.

I went to shortts myself last night and must say I had a ball. It is nice to see a half decent cocktail menu in there. Good crowd in there and not the least bit scummy which is A1 in my book. I saw the heads coming out of Masons and I was very happy with my choice. Band in Crystal didnt look the best.

And the DJ in Shortts seemed a bit dodgy (:))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Good night in Shortts last night, was annoyed when my pint was robbed in there though, what kind of assholes are out there to do that?
    Won't stop me going back though :)

• Advertisement

yeah...band didn't go down too well last night. Lot of people left when they were on. The Spraoi bands are hit and miss every year. Very happy with Mad Ferrit and Soul Reason on the other nights though.

It was free in for a reason :)

Advertisement