Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Yeah they deleted it. Got about 4 or 5 thanks and some guy who posted "hahahahahahaha" also had his post deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Yeah they deleted it. Got about 4 or 5 thanks and some guy who posted "hahahahahahaha" also had his post deleted.

That's totally ridiculous. It was funny, and in no way took away from The Foundry. It just makes the owners seem like they have no sense of humour, and that The Foundry is the place to be for a boring night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Pre-Fresher's fcuking ball. Next they'll be having a night especially for Trolly Technicians and Delf Engineers.

Pre-Fresher's fcuking ball. Next they'll be having a night especially for Trolly Technicians and Delf Engineers.

The thing about the trolly technicians is they get to keep all those €1 coins when they round up the trollies. So they are flash with cash, but you have to count all the change. Might be a good one for a slow night.

Or you could have a supermarket sweep themed night. Just pass it with insurance first. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

i think its cos they dont like gettin smart commments on their page!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ it comes with the territory in my opinion. You can't open up a way of talking to the public without expecting some smart-ass answers or people complaining.

I'm all for deleting abusive comments I mean we even do that here but it's a very sort sighted way of running that group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Pre-Freshers ball.. a 'Ball' is supposed to be a classy event, with suits and gowns and stuff. This 'Ball' will be full of 16-18 year olds shiftin and vomiting on each other with creeps like me standing in the corner watching

they asked on what to do for the results night and someone suggested this.. i think its a good idea pre freshers as they are goin to be students in college! no point callin them leavin certs no more.. thats my oppinon anyway! oh by the way karaoke is back on in shortts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

yoyo83 wrote: »
    they asked on what to do for the results night and someone suggested this.. i think its a good idea pre freshers as they are goin to be students in college! no point callin them leavin certs no more.. thats my oppinon anyway! oh by the way karaoke is back on in shortts! :D

Yes, every single person getting their results is going to go to college. "If you're not going to college you can't come in."

When was it ever off? It started 2 weeks ago and tonight is the 3rd night.

• Advertisement

When was it ever off? It started 2 weeks ago and tonight is the 3rd night.

oh i didnt know sorry my bad! :(

haha that's cool. It's been going really well actually. some great...and awful singers out there lol

haha that's cool. It's been going really well actually. some great...and awful singers out there lol

hahaha there be no way would i go up and sing! oh ya anyone hear that the waterford music fest might be moving to dublin next year! lol bigger and better venues seen it on facebook! their all tryin to protest and keep it in waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

hahaha there be no way would i go up and sing! oh ya anyone hear that the waterford music fest might be moving to dublin next year! lol bigger and better venues seen it on facebook! their all tryin to protest and keep it in waterford!

That wouldn't make sense as it wouldn't be the Waterford Music Fest. That Facebook page was set up by someone who was at the concert and dosen't seem to be one of the organisers.

I notice that the organisers have "liked" the page but I doubt they read it all in particular what the admins of the page are insuating about it being moved to Dublin etc.

jimbojazz wrote: »
    That wouldn't make sense as it wouldn't be the Waterford Music Fest. That Facebook page was set up by someone who was at the concert and dosen't seem to be one of the organisers.

I notice that the organisers have "liked" the page but I doubt they read it all in particular what the admins of the page are insuating about it being moved to Dublin etc.

ya tis a bit weird but i say they will have it in waterford again! im beggin one of the guys who organises it to have it next year as i didnt go this year!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

if the music fest moves to dublin, they can throw their whole ethos of "bringing something good to waterford" out the window. and the people in dublin will most certainly see through the shameless profiteering of the move.

There's a fest thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Anyway, was in Sal's last night, another deadly gig by Swampstompers. Free entry, cans served behind the bar. Convinced this pub is the only one that puts on a decent gig anymore.

Most people have no interest in original music bud. It's a shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Feckin' love Swamp Stompers atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

So sals is the place to be then.
    What about murphys pub on the quay, they seem to have good bands playing in there at the weekends. Juno are playing in there tonight some of the lads that used to play with skidoo, seen them before very good.
    Any of you been in murphys? Would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Where is Sals?

STIG83 wrote: »
    Where is Sals?

On the quay near the bridge end, used to be the keg.

Jesus I was in there when it was the Keg I was only about 18 and it was like the Cantina in Star Wars had a ball though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

KingLoser wrote: »

Anyway, was in Sal's last night, another deadly gig by Swampstompers. Free entry, cans served behind the bar. Convinced this pub is the only one that puts on a decent gig anymore.

I was there too, swamp stompers are a phenomenal band. Sals and murphys really are the only two good spots for (original) music these days, but the barmen tell me theres fierce competition between them which is not good for the music. sals is a nice spot, we're playing in there ourselves next saturday. Murphys attracts more of a crowd although sals is twice its size. they're the only two spots i ever really go in town, bar the occasional trip to the forum.

Most people have no interest in original music bud. It's a shame really.

unfortunately you're right there, waterford bands tend to get a bigger response outside of waterford which is quite a shame. there are still some dedicated follwers, a night in murphys or sals will show you that. however anyone who has ever been to a swamp stompers gig knows you dont need to know any of the songs they are playing, you'll still be up on the tables dancing, irrespective of how drunk you are :)

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus I was in there when it was the Keg I was only about 18 and it was like the Cantina in Star Wars had a ball though.

It used to be the starting point for the south Kilkenny crowd on a night out.

What do people think of this €5 in and 2.50 drinks?

What do people think of this €5 in and 2.50 drinks?

You'd have to buy at least 10 drinks before its better value than free entry and €3 drinks, or you'd have to buy 5 drinks for it to be better value than free entry and €3.50 drinks.

I think it just complicates the matter. I often go in for one or two, but end up staying the night in a pub. If I'm planning to only go in for one or two, I'd be thinking it works out at €5 to €7.50 a drink, which isn't great.

I always bring my pocket calculator on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

dayshah wrote: »
    You'd have to buy at least 10 drinks before its better value than free entry and €3 drinks, or you'd have to buy 5 drinks for it to be better value than free entry and €3.50 drinks.

I think it just complicates the matter. I often go in for one or two, but end up staying the night in a pub. If I'm planning to only go in for one or two, I'd be thinking it works out at €5 to €7.50 a drink, which isn't great.

I always bring my pocket calculator on a night out.

Free entry and €3 drinks isn't viable for a lot of places, - late bars, clubs etc. Personally I love the €5 in, €2.50 drinks in Masons - of course I don't have to pay in. :D If I'm being honest though, Masons isn't my ideal pub and I prefer to pay a little more for somewhere more my style and where they have bottles of Erdinger.

• Advertisement

I was in geoffs a few weeks ago (I know, I know) and a guy ordered something like a vodka and west coast cooler but the guy serving wouldn't serve it because it wasn't "responsible drinking".

What are your thoughts on that? personally I think it's a bit rich for pubs to happily serve away pints to someone who can be destroyed after 5 and not serve someone say a southern comfort and West Coast cooler (which I can drink many if i the mood).

Advertisement