Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

50/50

Order them as two separate drinks and you'll just mix them yourself.

Order them together for yourself and some would deny you as mixing strong drinks could be considered irresponsible drinking. Yer man could have been on them all day though tbh.

Although, why ANYONE would consider West Coast Cooler a worrying or dangerous drink is beyond me.

If I was out of my mind and ordered another jagerbomb, I'd want them to stop me. Hasn't happened yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think everyone (to an extent) is responsible for their own actions. I can fully agree with a pub not serving someone for being too drunk, it has happened to me once or twice and looking back i'm glad they did. But, having said that trying to tell people what they can and can't drink is a different ball game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    But, having said that trying to tell people what they can and can't drink is a different ball game.

Well once I asked for 7-up and they gave me Sprite without asking if it ok, the scumbags. Maybe they think the citrus content of 7-up is too high. I don't know why, but I'm after taking a strong turn against Geoffs over the past year. Maybe something has changed in there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I see the foundry are seeking planning to retain their illuminated sign on the first floor of the building. Always wondered how they got permission for such a distracting sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

It's a feckin' eyesore is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sully wrote: »
    I see the front lounge are seeking planning to retain their illuminated sign on the first floor of the building. Always wondered how they got permission for such a distracting sign!
    You mean The Foundry?

Sully wrote: »
    I see the front lounge are seeking planning to retain their illuminated sign on the first floor of the building. Always wondered how they got permission for such a distracting sign!
    You mean The Foundry?

Can't imagine that they'll be allowed keep it. I remember that Club LA had to remove a similar type of advertising board a number of years a go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yeah sorry lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Masons had one at the start and they were forced to take it down. Also we weren't allowed have any banners or signage that wasn't temporary (i.e. we used to have a banner over the door of muldoons to advertise tribute bands...that was ok...anything advertising on going events wasn't allowed)

If this is allowed to stay up, it's just another example of the inconsistency that I was complaining about recently with the litter fine for three shippes.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

They have no hope if receiving planning permission for the sign - a cheeky move to put it up in the hope of getting retrospective permission :o

• Advertisement

The sign is located internally though which might be their saving grace i.e. comparable to the many places which use LCD tvs in their windows to advertise events. Would imagine it would be rejected on safety grounds however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

went into Crystal for the first time on Saturday night, was really disappointed as it was absolutely empty. went into Shortt's instead, stayed there for a while. While I am young (Not bragging or anything...:cool:) I really did enjoy the music selection and the general vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And I took a night off last saturday. I love the music in Shortts to be honest...i'd happily get pissed to it all night long.

They've fallen in with masons and harveys on sundays and gone €3 drinks all day and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

And I took a night off last saturday. I love the music in Shortts to be honest...i'd happily get pissed to it all night long.

They've fallen in with masons and harveys on sundays and gone €3 drinks all day and night.

I was sober and was still enjoying myself! haha.

Stayed there for about a half hour and headed down to masons. Transmitter were playing there, love them! great band!

Ledger wrote: »
    went into Crystal for the first time on Saturday night, was really disappointed as it was absolutely empty. went into Shortt's instead, stayed there for a while. While I am young (Not bragging or anything...:cool:) I really did enjoy the music selection and the general vibe.

I only stuck my head into crystal over Sproai and it was very quiet but ill give it a go at the end of the night on Saturday. I had a ball in shortts the same night. It's easily my fav venue since Baker Street was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Lads just wondering would there be many out tonight (Wednesday)?? Was thinking of going out for a few but don't want to be the only ones out:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Masons had one at the start and they were forced to take it down. Also we weren't allowed have any banners or signage that wasn't temporary (i.e. we used to have a banner over the door of muldoons to advertise tribute bands...that was ok...anything advertising on going events wasn't allowed)

If this is allowed to stay up, it's just another example of the inconsistency that I was complaining about recently with the litter fine for three shippes.

To be honest im surprised there hasnt been a crash at the traffic lights yet, no matter what side you come from it nearly blinds you. Im suprised a certain somebody hasnt complained about it yet ;)

Elbows22 wrote: »
    To be honest im surprised there hasnt been a crash at the traffic lights yet, no matter what side you come from it nearly blinds you. Im suprised a certain somebody hasnt complained about it yet ;)

Are retention orders not usually put up after a complaint?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Theres a group of us heading to Waterford at the weekend, what are the best nightclubs/pubs for Friday/Saturday nights?!:)

newbee22 wrote: »
    Theres a group of us heading to Waterford at the weekend, what are the best nightclubs/pubs for Friday/Saturday nights?!:)

Depends to be honest.

What ages are you? Kinda music you like?

• Advertisement

We're mid/late 20s! Chart music really! :)

Hmmmm,

Avoid masons on Saturday night and go tonight instead for a look as the crowd maybe on the young side. Same with Escape it will be a young crowd both nights.

Give Harveys a look late on one of your nights as I'd say it'll be your best bet for what your looking for.

For something different try Shortts it's a kind of cheesy 80's/90's mix and my fav spot in town at the moment.

Start the night in Geoffs and give Kazbar or Revelutions a go either night between 7 and 10.

You can't really go wrong with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

We're mid/late 20s! Chart music really! :)

If yer into Pop/Chart music ye should go to the foundry

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

If yer into Pop/Chart music ye should go to the foundry

I've only been in there the once since it opened as the foundry so I cant say for definite, but if they are mid to late twenties will they not be a bit older than most of the clientele? Presuming that would even be an issue for other people...

^ that's why I didn't mention it. I'm going on 27 and I wouldn't be happy about the idea of being in a place packed full of 17-19 year olds. That's just me though so if newbee22 wouldn't be put off by that the foundry would be an option.

Thanks guys, that's fab! We'll avoid the foundary so, don't want to look like OAPs in the place:)

Thanks guys, that's fab! We'll avoid the foundary so, don't want to look like OAPs in the place:)

I'd at least suggest going in and having a look first (assume you can get in for free before 12) and looking about. The club that was there before it was said to be the same. There is a lot of negativity on this forum and biased posters, so check the place out yourself first and make the decession based on that. Same can be said for the other clubs.

Don't take the reviews here as a gospel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

As Sully said dont take eveything for Gospel on here, you will be charged if you go to the Foundry and it is quiet expensive, but places that play chart are, Crystal night club, The Foundry, Masons, Revolution, Harveys and Dignity

Thanks guys! I'm sure we'll end up wandering around the place anyway, can't wait now! :)

• Advertisement

I hope your not suggesting that I have any bias Sully? I think it's fairly well known that I'm not involved with any venue in town. What I posted above is my genuine opinion.

Advertisement