Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yeah i aint 100% sure I follow exactly what you mean? Iv been involved with the paper a few years now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

That's what I mean! I didn't know that haha

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aye aye and just helping them get out the next edition.. Few dedicated people really pulling together to get it out and just trying to encourage more students to get involved this year!

Pity there's no journalism course in WIT

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

Sad life I have I said I’d try and figure out if the foundry even covered their costs with the €2 drinks thing……..below is what I equated!! open for correction…………..
    620 entrants @€;2 = €1240
    Being ambitious profit on a €2 drink is less than 50c.
    So if 620 people drink 4 drinks each.. max profit made on each drink would be give would be give or take 30c = €744 profit on drink.
    €1984

We will say 6 bouncers @ €20 a hour for 4 hours is €480
    Dj & Lighting jock €200
    Bar, floor, toilet staff of around 9 people avarged out @ €9 per hour is €324 (at very least)
    Bar extension per night is close on €400 if memory serves me right………..
    Then you have electricity, rates & charges!

€1984 taken in…
    €1404 costs not including rates, charges, Imro insurance and any other costs!!

All seems a bit pointless……wouldn’t say they broke even!
    As my Mother used to say “ A busy fool”

• Advertisement

Sorry about font size, dont know how to change it. Sorry.

Spadzy wrote: »
    Sorry about font size, dont know how to change it. Sorry.

Fixed!

Gent....cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    What is it with all this "I pity the A&E staff" shíte? Like for God's sake, you'd swear ye were all about 60 the way you're talking. Young people actually HAVE common sense, it may seem hard to believe since you're all so in the know and seem to be masterminds regarding every situation.

When this thread brought up the matter of The Foundry opening, the response was "Oh it'll close within a month". It's still open, and most of you were wrong, as always, just like you're wrong about practically everything in this thread.

It's just turned into a deterrent from the nightlife in Waterford, all ye do is bítch and complain about absolutely everything. Half the people here have interests within certain bars and clubs and just post crap on their behalf, and then pretend they've nothing to do with it. :confused:

Well I live right across the road from Harvey's and the difference between a Saturday and a student night is unreal. Last year on student nights I got people trying to kick in my door after closing time a number of times, My car got smashed up twice and the amount of people ringing the door bell drunk, that is just a small amount of the trouble I get on student nights. I rarely get any of that trouble on a Saturday night. So no young people are not capable of being sensible with drink and I am just dreading how hard it is going to be for me to sleep when these 2 euro student drinks come out. :mad: :mad:

As someone said before I think someone is going to get badly hurt or die because of this and I hope my house or car do not get damaged because of these 2 euro drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 finnie1985

I was masons tonight, arrived there at 12am. It was packed full of freshers from college, couldn't move in there. Left my group for a minute to see if revolution was still serving. I asked the bouncer at revolution at about 12.15am, that there was a group of eight of us looking for somewhere else to go than masons as with it was uncomfortable in there. He said that they would finish up within ten minutes. So I went back and broke the news. Anyway left masons at 1.15am and they were still serving in revolution, an hour later.

Hardly trade is so good in there that they can turn away potential customers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

has anyone forgotten harveys are doin the 2 euro drinks aswell its not just the foundry that are doing this.

Right...who's gonna give us live updates as to the crowds and where they go tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

First Wednesday? My early guess is the foundry. Name Recognition will play a huge part.

PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!

The Foundry
    Harveys
    Masons
    Crystal
    :)

Foundry run away winners
    Masons good showing
    Crystal pulls in ok numbers because of Aslan
    Harvey's bombs

Don't see why Harveys will bomb if it has €2 drinks as well.

Students seem to know the name, I had a group of first years ask me the other night when harveys was opening while in Masons!

Don't see why Harveys will bomb if it has €2 drinks as well.

Are they all €2 drinks though?

i say all the venues will be full, there was 671 in the foundry on monday night !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Very few around outside Masons while I was passing by there at 10.15 anyway, 5 Bouncers outside harveys sitting on the wall drinking mugs of Tea,not a student to be seen out the from of there either. I did however see quite a few students in the apartments out by Spar, so it looks like they are still drinking before heading out.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Very few around outside Masons while I was passing by there at 10.15 anyway, 5 Bouncers outside harveys sitting on the wall drinking mugs of Tea,not a student to be seen out the from of there either. I did however see quite a few students in the apartments out by Spar, so it looks like they are still drinking before heading out.

wait til half 11,12 it will be busy all drinkin in the houses/appartments still! night is still young lol

Crystal busy apparently

@ €2 a drink when I was a student I would have been out just after the angelus. Bloody lightweights these kids :)

I would have been on my 5th drink, dancin to the angelus.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

I'd be headbangin to the angelus, with a pint of Bulmers in each hand

Masons busy
    Foundry packed
    Crystal busy.

No word about harveys yet. I'm
    Off to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jayus wish i was a going out student. :(:(:(.

What can u do plenty more time to go

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Masons busy
    Foundry packed
    Crystal busy.

No word about harveys yet. I'm
    Off to bed!

Foundry very very busy
    Crystal very busy
    Masons busy
    Harveys absolutely dead
    Escape bombed out