Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

daisy18 wrote: »
    From what I hear The Foundry is far from closing.. its here to stay and from the numbers in there last weekend and also reaching capacity every night with students their here for the long haul as much as people from harveys and masons on here would like to state different.. the way I see it The Foundry are damned if they do and damned if they dont.. I'm glad their finally mixing it up in Waterford, its time for a change and I know where me and all my friends will be at the weekend..:-)
    Nobody from Harvey's or Masons said anything about the Foundry closing... Plus they haven't done anything to "mix it up". It's just another bog-standard club, same as every other in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Any chance of a bit of originality lads? Kazbar - wicked Wednesday. Crystal - wicked wednesdays. Foundry - wild and wicked Wednesday's. FFS

Found a flyer there..Kazbar going 2.50 drinks on a wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Any chance of a bit of originality lads? Kazbar - wicked Wednesday. Crystal - wicked wednesdays. Foundry - wild and wicked Wednesday's. FFS

Found a flyer there..Kazbar going 2.50 drinks on a wednesday
    Dammit! I was in there on Wednesday, and the drinks were NOT 2.50!
    Bad timing i suppose.

Actually it seems that flyer was an old one..looked brand new though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

deisedave wrote: »
    But John Street is not a playground old people live very close to that area, I have no problem with people going out and having fun but for the love of god dont sing, shoud, scream or whatever up and down the roads after the clubs. The state of town after the clubs close is also ridiculous, I hate the way just because people are drunk it is seen as ok to fcuk up the town.

man your way misquoting me, i mean its a playground in the sense that all the pubs and clubs are right beside each other so you can hop from one to the other without having to pay any cover charges or if there is a charge its a small amount, jesus im not 12! im a bit old for singing and shouting around the streets now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Lads just wondering is tonight going to be the same with €2 drinks everywhere or is back to a normal Saturday night out?? Would like to go out for a few but don't fancy fighting my way to the bar all the time.

Normal prices everywhere except foundry where they will be 2.50

Cheers might head in for a wander around so!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Drinks have gone up to €2.50 now :eek:

That's beginning to feel expensive. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

So I went for a general float around tonight. Here is my round up of what I saw:

Masons: looked busy, upstairs was jammed but downstairs was as busy as I usually see it. The band that was there was as good as I have seen. I really liked them.

Harveys: was much much more quiet then I have seen on a regular saturday but still a good few around but €2 in and full price for drinks I'm amazed people are still going near the place.

Having said that, there was (as usual) a scummy crowd in Masons that I never ever like and Harveys was ten times better. Give me them anyway.

I didn't see the crowd in the foundry but given what I saw of town I'd say it was wall to wall. I'd live to see though Gross Profit does Harveys at 60% Capacity make as much or more money then the foundry at 90% Capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

ziedth wrote: »
    Harveys: was much much more quiet then I have seen on a regular saturday but still a good few around but €2 in and full price for drinks I'm amazed people are still going near the place.

I didn't see the crowd in the foundry but given what I saw of town I'd say it was wall to wall. I'd live to see though Gross Profit does Harveys at 60% Capacity make as much or more money then the foundry at 90% Capacity.
    Harveys was very busy in the end.actually the busiest night for a while and i would say at 60% capacity it does make more then the foundry because harveys 60% full holds nearly the same as the foundry at 90% and drinks arent 2.50

See I havent been in there since before shortts opened, back then it would be shoulder to shoulder and TBH I was in the smoking area so I didn't see it for the final hour but it looked very quiet for half 1 when I got in there. Good point about the capacity being more Harveys.

I was djing a night club outside of Waterford last night. A one off. All happily paying 10 bucks on the door and normal priced drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Headed up to the forum last night for one of the lad's birthdays. We said we'd go seeing as we spent most of our night out in total heading to Traffik on saturdays for the last few years.

Great farewell to Traffik, Ham Sandwich were great craic and the night ended with 40+ topless people in a circle belting out "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!"

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I was djing a night club outside of Waterford last night. A one off. All happily paying 10 bucks on the door and normal priced drink.

What was the other competition like in the area you were playing. Maybe the punters had no choice but to play the €10 as there was no other late night venue around?

That's usually the case alright. There are two nightclubs in most towns these days. I know there are 2 in enniscorthy and they both get the full whack on the door. It's amazing what happens when club owners get on with each other. Not great for punters obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

ziedth wrote: »

Having said that, there was (as usual) a scummy crowd in Masons that I never ever like and Harveys was ten times better. Give me them anyway.

Started Masons have to agree some questionable characters in there, Revs was busy enough as was the Kazbar, ended up in Shortt's the place was packed, stayed there til 2pm nursing a hangover now :p

That's usually the case alright. There are two nightclubs in most towns these days. I know there are 2 in enniscorthy and they both get the full whack on the door. It's amazing what happens when club owners get on with each other. Not great for punters obviously.

Two in Dungarvan too, both charging €10 in AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

one in ross, 5 on the door, and regular prices.

then again i wouldnt go near the place myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I miss going out in Waterford :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Trevster

I started college in Waterford in 2000 and ended up living/working there for almost the last ten years. I've done the rounds. Back then money wasn't so tight and we could afford to actually explore the city. By 2005, drinking at home til late as the only option. Unless there were very good reasons (ahem) or I was in a group situation, I don't like Harveys or Masons or the Foundry. Thats because of the music. If they played all kinds and not just chart stuff I'd go...but they don't.

Some great pubs (for the first few pints) in Waterford. A couple of hidden gems if you're bothered. (The Tap Room in Ballybricken). But when it gets late I'm veering towards upstairs in the Kazbar (band) or the old reliable, the Forum (decent, eclectic music). Looking forward to what they do with Muldoons as a live venue.

you'll be waiting for that one. They've been ordered to take down the scaffolding and paint the place. think they have about 3 weeks to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

you'll be waiting for that one. They've been ordered to take down the scaffolding and paint the place. think they have about 3 weeks to do so.

What's the story with that place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Nypd wrote: »
    What's the story with that place ?

Go down to the Circuit Court office´s in the courthouse and ask to see the Nymhall file,very intresting reading.If this venue was open it would create at least 50/60 full and partime job´s,would have been a nice christmas present in these times of uncertainy,but alas NO.

Go down to the Circuit Court office´s in the courthouse and ask to see the Nymhall file,very intresting reading.If this venue was open it would create at least 50/60 full and partime job´s,would have been a nice christmas present in these times of uncertainy,but alas NO.

For those of us who can't go to the courthouse what's this Nymhall file about??

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

For those of us who can't go to the courthouse what's this Nymhall file about??

Nymhall Ltd is a property management company in Waterford that has been granted a court order for all building work to stop on Muldoons site.

I was in Masons last night and the drinks were 2.50 after 10. I said I would get the first round in and it was about quarter to 10, didnt get much change back from my 40..

Ah sher :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Meself and the lads have a deal going where whoever is 1st in the Fantasy League gets their pints bought by the lads.

I was winning for Gameweek 4, and they got me the pints while everything was €2.50...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

im just wonderin why are ye not complainin about the other pubs doin 2euro drinks? like hello masons and harveys???

• Advertisement

Cause they don't do 2 euro drinks at the weekend. And I don't think anyone is complaining

Advertisement