Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I was in the foundry last friday and say a fella glassed in the smoking area as well. It's dangerously small and uncomfortably hot. Conditions which can, when mixed with drink, cause some dangerous situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

its like a pack of sardines in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I was in the foundry last friday and say a fella glassed in the smoking area as well. It's dangerously small and uncomfortably hot. Conditions which can, when mixed with drink, cause some dangerous situations.

Not such a sh!t name after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

In the Foundry last night, and i've had a good night there before, but last night had a crowd that just didn't agree with me, very rough and pushy (more so than usual!). I think the €2.50 drinks are attracting the wrong crowd, and thats grand if thats what the Foundry wants. I won't be going there again while the drinks are that cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Crystal was in no way busy when I went in anyway, they closed it and sent everyone downstairs as I was trying to head in at 1am.

Fight broke out between a guy and a bouncer as we were coming back in from the Shortt's part of the smoking area. They were kicking the crap out of each other towards the toilets, hitting into everyone, took another 3 bouncers to get yer man down the back stairs.

Odd I was at the bar in crystal at closing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

who is promoting who this is getting boring ...

achiman wrote: »
    who is promoting who this is getting boring ...

Who do you think is promoting venues?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

typing erroooooor

it was to read...

this is getting boring..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Nypd wrote: »
    Odd I was at the bar in crystal at closing
    Well we were told by Crystal door staff at 1am to use the Shortt's door instead, so we tried to head up the back of the smoking area and the staff and bouncers in Crystal told us to head back downstairs because they were closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Said id give The Foundry one more chance and see if things have changed.Nope not at all - full of scum and I was waiting 10minutes for a drink - Bar was busy but the fact the staff are very slow didnt help.
    As i was waiting there 3 attempts were made to pickpocket me - Went for the phone once and then money twice - absolutely scandalous - won't be stepping foot in there again!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Said id give The Foundry one more chance and see if things have changed.Nope not at all - full of scum and I was waiting 10minutes for a drink - Bar was busy but the fact the staff are very slow didnt help.
    As i was waiting there 3 attempts were made to pickpocket me - Went for the phone once and then money twice - absolutely scandalous - won't be stepping foot in there again!!!!

Pick pockets in a nightclub !! Nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

never had trouble in the foundary . me thinks your stirrin ****e ta be honest .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I was in the foundry last night and not one bit of trouble, Really good laugh so I dont know what made him such an easy target.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

deisedave wrote: »
    I was in the foundry last night and not one bit of trouble, Really good laugh so I dont know what made him such an easy target.

Have to agree there, have been in The Foundry many nights and never encountered any trouble. If that guy was actually pick pocketed he was just unlucky, could happen anywhere...

Any Saturday night I've been there it's been mobbed and also very enjoyable...kudos to the people who run it they are doing a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Agree with you there Scumbag heaven, but sounds like the Foundry staff Vs Crystal staff;)

Agree with you there Scumbag heaven, but sounds like the Foundry staff Vs Crystal staff;)
    I dont work in any of the venues anymore

Funny this is coming from a 32 year old that by the sounds of it either:
    1. works there in the Foundry itself or
    2. Regularly frequents with people nearly half your age since that is all that seems to be in there even with there over 20's policy.

Either option wouldn't be top of my list ! :cool:

wats your problem shannn .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I was in the Foundry last night and found it to still be a bit of a **** hole. Over crowded and there was an element of scum inside the place. No more scummy than any other place though.

also you work for thier rivals well so your view is biased . so i am 32 so i am stay at home wit my slippers huh . i enjoy goin out and enjoyin myself wats the harm in goin to nite clubs . i also go to the stores in town which i may stay out off seen i am 32 get a live ya clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

yoyo83 wrote: »
    somone complained to the bouncers last night sayin its too over crowded and he turned around and said we cant close the doors til the management says so! it was very messey in there last night
    If it was really dangerous id ring the fire safety officer im sure they were given a maximum capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

capacity is about 900 but can only fit over 600 in it
    Christ! only in Ireland.

my friend was happy in there last night though she found 50 euro on the counter lol

That's just a new offer. Free €50 with every €20 spent.*

*Well they may as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I was in the Foundry last night and found it to still be a bit of a **** hole. Over crowded and there was an element of scum inside the place. No more scummy than any other place though.

Maybe I'm just getting older and I don't like to see it but Scbag looking people in a place really puts me off these days. For example if you put the kind of crowd they get in Harveys into the downstairs part of Masons I'd champion the place every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The Foundry have dropped their drink prices to compete with Masons.

Since its opening there's more in Masons than in The Foundry.

The scummy clientele love discount drink prices simple as :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

also you work for thier rivals well so your view is biased . so i am 32 so i am stay at home wit my slippers huh . i enjoy goin out and enjoyin myself wats the harm in goin to nite clubs . i also go to the stores in town which i may stay out off seen i am 32 get a live ya clown

Seems very obvious you have a bias yourself mate.

As ive said i dont work in any of the venues anymore!!
    I think ive worked in enough venues for long enough over the years not to be biased and to be able to decide for myself what is a good and scummy crowd.
    I also think the fact that in the last 2 weeks one customer has been glassed and another bottled again last night proves my point about the place!
    As for people defending this sort of behaviour i think its funny that each and every one of them joined around the time the foundry was being mentioned for something bad........
    Foundry is licensed for 600 so that rules being broken a long time ago- just shows money has a big say in these sort of things.
    They bring this upon themselves when they get their staff to put in complaints about other venues to try get fines issued etc.

P.s its spelt life- whos the clown now? :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What complaints were putting put in about other venues?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Scaffolding is now being taken down by construction workers, thank god.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Scaffolding is now being taken down by construction workers, thank god.

As far as i know they have to remove the scaffolding and paint and maintain the building while the injunction is in place.

Advertisement